Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Thirdspace corny

MartianDustMartianDust Elite Ranger
Just seen TS tonight, and yeah was good but I couldn't believe how corny it was when Sheridan went space walking with that battle going on and didn't even get hit! I mean come on!! Would've been more realistic if he'd been in some sort of spaceship. And for him to get out of there? No way! I still enjoyed it though.

And I liked the bit in the lift with Jeff and Lyta and he was so thick to notice anything was wrong with her, with her muttering lol.

Oh and........which movie is next? Is it River of souls?!
:)

Comments

• DarkbladeDarkblade Earthforce Officer
    Thirdspace is quite corny but it still has some (but very few) great moments, great music by C. Franke and hey, it's Babylon 5. :)

And yes, River of Souls is the third B5 movie.
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    Maybe he was just lucky to not get hit. :)

But if he'd used a ship they would have noticed him and blown him to atoms.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Re: Thirdspace corny

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by MartianDust [/i]
    [B]I couldn't believe how corny it was when Sheridan went space walking with that battle going on and didn't even get hit![/B][/QUOTE]

Well, that's Johnny "Nuke 'Em" Sheriden for you.
  • shadow boxershadow boxer The Finger Painter & Master Ranter
    the whole point of his approach was to the back side of the gate with a minimum of sensor signature, while the rest of the ships where pouring on the terajoules of beams and stuff...

his space suit prolly barely registers, esp with all that other debris and EM radiation etc flyin around... I think its a fairly legit way to do things... tho I would have thought internal sensors on the gate would have picked up the intruder... thats much harder to 'write around'

I liked it... not bad for a lil telemovie sort of deal
  • samuelksamuelk The Unstoppable Mr. 'K'
    Re: Thirdspace corny

[B]Just seen TS tonight, and yeah was good but I couldn't believe how corny it was when Sheridan went space walking with that battle going on and didn't even get hit![/B][/QUOTE]

Actualyl it makes sense. The enemy ships aren't going to notice such a small object, and even if they did notice, they wouldn't consider it/him a threat.
  • I like all the Babylon 5 movies, I prefer Thirdspace to River of Souls. But both those are behind A Calls to Arms and In the Beginning, which are totally awesome.

SO here's my preference list:
    1). A Call to Arms (I'm a Crusade nut :D )
    2). In the Beginning (Loved every minute, and the way it's set minutes before Emperor Londo speaks with Sheridan etc. luv that!)
    3). Thirdspace (Didn't really have any point, would the B5 universe be any different without this movie? I think not)
    4). River of Souls (Good, I just never really liked the whole Soul Hunter dynamic)
  • E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by eminariiorta [/i]
    [B]But both those are behind A Calls to Arms and In the Beginning, which are totally awesome.[/B][/QUOTE]
    Well, only shortcoming in Call to Arms is that it doesn't really have music.
  • samuelksamuelk The Unstoppable Mr. 'K'
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by E.T [/i]
    [B]Well, only shortcoming in Call to Arms is that it doesn't really have music. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, it does. Disliking Evan Chen's work doesn't mean it's not music.
  • E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by samuelk [/i]
    [B]Yes, it does. Disliking Evan Chen's work doesn't mean it's not music. [/B][/QUOTE]
    Well, it's just to what it's compared.
    Compared to Franke's work it doesn't have much music.
  • Whitestar 15Whitestar 15 Earthforce Officer
    Re: Re: Thirdspace corny

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by samuelk [/i]
    [B]Actualyl it makes sense. The enemy ships aren't going to notice such a small object, and even if they did notice, they wouldn't consider it/him a threat. [/B][/QUOTE]

And presumably he would be indistinguishable amongst the (hopefully:D ) ejected fighter pilots...
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    *** Potential Spoiler alert for some who have never seen season 4 ***

I liked the whole XenoArcheological thing to River of Souls, I wish that it had more of that element to it than the Soul Hunter thing... I also never got used to Tracy Scoggins either... (in person either :rolleyes: )

Third Space was cool, especially on the premis of the Vorlons being a prideful species. In Deconstruction of Falling Stars, seeing the humans become Vorlon like in a million or so years and reviewing their own faulty past, makes for a nice closed circle. The CG of the 3rd Space Gate itself just kicks ass, and still holds up well to things that are done today IMHO. The ships are cool and different from the common types we are used to in B5...

In the Beginning to me is probably the best of all of them in regards to story line. To have Londo (Peter Jurassic) tell the story was just brilliant, especially with the tie in to Sheridan and Delenn, and the War Without End (B4) tie in...

What I would really love to see, aside from the Telepath War, would be Valen's War and the whole deal with Mimbar and Babylon 4.

anywho...

;)
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    "Mimbar"

MUAHAHA!!!

Man Jack....I'm surprised....
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by A2597 [/i]
    [B]"Mimbar"

MUAHAHA!!!

Man Jack....I'm surprised.... [/B][/QUOTE]

Gimme a break man, the M and N keys are right next to each other...

:p :rolleyes: :cool:
  • MartianDustMartianDust Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by C_Mon [/i]
    [B]Maybe he was just lucky to not get hit. :)

But if he'd used a ship they would have noticed him and blown him to atoms. [/B][/QUOTE]

True but it still looked so silly. Didn't any of you laugh the first time you saw it?! Whole family were laughing lol!

I forgot River of souls had Tracy Scoggins in it. Never much liked her.
    I also forgot I not got A call to arms!

[QUOTE][B]
    In the Beginning to me is probably the best of all of them in regards to story line. To have Londo (Peter Jurassic) tell the story was just brilliant, especially with the tie in to Sheridan and Delenn, and the War Without End (B4) tie in...[/QUOTE][/B]

I got a feeling this will be my favourite even though I not seen all movies yet. It was just so well mapped out and tied in perfectly. Excellent movie.
    :)
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    In the Beginning is so good, simply on writing alone. You just dont get that kind of writing in scifi that often.

speaking of bad writing, deep space nine is now on Spike TV. You ever notice that chief Obrian has no staff whatsoever for the first 3-4 seasons. He fixes everything himself. How does he not take a phasor and kill everyone on that station. Hes supposed to be the Chief of Operations on a fairly large space station, I dont know how big it is, but it dwarfs the Enterprise.

Hire some extras paramount, give the guy a break.

edited cause its late, and i put way too many swear words in there for some reason.
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    [B]True but it still looked so silly. Didn't any of you laugh the first time you saw it?! Whole family were laughing lol! [/B][/QUOTE]

No. I thought it was pritty cool when they showed the battle from inside sheridan's helmet. Only thing you could hear was him, as it would be in real space.
  • For me Thirdspace is rather enjoyable experience. I think it's on the same level than River of Souls is. In the Beginning and A Call to Arms are then on the top.

But talking about corny... The weapons systems on the ship! I start laughing everytime they use the weapons. That's on thing to be happy about that it didn't proceed as series, I think I would have gone MAD quite quickly just because of how the weapons worked.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SpiritOne [/i]
    [B] You ever notice that chief Obrian has no staff whatsoever for the first 3-4 seasons. He fixes everything himself. [/b][/quote]

You're left to assume he does, you just never see them because the majority of the Trek budget was going to TNG/VOY during DS9's run. Despite ds9 being the best Trek series.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SpiritOne [/i]
    [B] How does he not take a phasor and kill everyone on that station.[/b][/quote]

He was a soldier during the Federation-Cardassian War, therefore he knows how to handle himself.

[B]fairly large space station, I dont know how big it is, but it dwarfs the Enterprise. [/B][/QUOTE]

I lost my ds9 tech manual so I can't get the exact specs, but it's roughly the size of 4 enterprises-Ds. Thats including the docking pillons, inner and outer rings.

let nobody speak badly of ds9 again! :mad: ;)
    Yeah DS9 is my favorite series of the ST genre... I like Voyager only because of the effects... ;)

I've been watching SPIKE TV too... heh heh

Hey getting back to Babylon 5, I noticed in Season 4 on the Advanced OCD's (Shadow Tech) that their beam weapons were a funky blue/green color...

They were cool, but don't belong on EA ships... :p

just MHO... hah hah
  • EclecticonautEclecticonaut Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by eminariiorta [/i]
    [B]I lost my ds9 tech manual so I can't get the exact specs, but it's roughly the size of 4 enterprises-Ds. Thats including the docking pillons, inner and outer rings.[/B][/quote]I'd say six times the size of Enterprise-D. [url="http://www.merzo.net/10mpp.htm"]Here[/url] you can see, how tiny it is when compared to the station...

[quote][B]let nobody speak badly of ds9 again! :mad: ;)[/B][/QUOTE]...see also, how negligible the DS9 is - there are some pretty big space stations right next to it. :D
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Eclecticonaut [/i]
    [b]...see also, how negligible the DS9 is - there are some pretty big space stations right next to it. :D [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, people forget that DS9 is a 20+ year old Cardassian station. Comparing it to a modern Federation Pendragon Class station it's dwarfed as an ant is to a cat.
    WTF is a "Poseidon carrier"? Did I miss an entire ship in B5 or something?
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    [url=http://www.starshipmodeler.com/b5/b5minis3d.htm]One of the Agents of Gaming ships. [/url]
    [B]In the Beginning is so good, simply on writing alone. You just dont get that kind of writing in scifi that often.[/B][/QUOTE]

Agreed! I would've loved to have seen this at a cinema. Shame none of JMS's movies haven't. I guess with ITB a first comer wouldn't exactly understand it all. So that story wouldn't have been a good idea for cinema viewers.

[QUOTE][B]
    You ever notice that chief Obrian has no staff whatsoever for the first 3-4 seasons. He fixes everything himself.[/B][/QUOTE]

I never noticed lol.

[QUOTE][B]
    Yeah DS9 is my favorite series of the ST genre... I like Voyager only because of the effects... [/QUOTE][/B]

I am sooo glad you said that! Am sure most of you remember my feelings on that awful Capt. Helium *******!! ;)

Am surprised that DS9 is that popular. I really liked it so am not knocking the show at all, but why didn't it make the big screens? Like the Enterprise?!
    LMAO!! I was thinking.........I didn't swear! Til I realised someone round here has made our dear Capt. ******* akin to swearing, lol nice one. :laugh: ;)

Oh I soooo LOVE Capt *******!!!!!!! tehe
    [B]I am sooo glad you said that! Am sure most of you remember my feelings on that awful Capt. Helium *******!! ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, well I may be a little BIASED only because I worked right across the cubicle from the guys doing the Voyager VFX when I was at Foundation Imaging working on Roughneck's... :D

;)

DS9 definately had better story and flow...

:cool:

By the way, in the future, could you be so kind as NOT to mention the "J" word in our presence... :p
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    You mean Capt. "Im the dumbest bitch in the galaxy because I could have had the whole ship and crew back in the first damn episode, I just never heard of anything called time delay fuses on a fucking bomb" *******?

god i hated that show.

although, admittadly, i would like to catch the episode that had that ship that split apart into 3 pieces that the Romulans tried to steal. Sounded neat, but never saw it.
  • EclecticonautEclecticonaut Elite Ranger
    [B]although, admittadly, i would like to catch the episode that had that ship that split apart into 3 pieces that the Romulans tried to steal. Sounded neat, but never saw it. [/B][/QUOTE] You mean the U.S.S. Prometheus NX-59650 in Episode 82 (Message in a Bottle).

[url]http://www.voyager.fsworld.co.uk/ep82prom.htm[/url]
    [B]LMAO!! I was thinking.........I didn't swear! Til I realised someone round here has made our dear Capt. ******* akin to swearing, lol nice one. :laugh: ;)

Oh I soooo LOVE Capt *******!!!!!!! tehe [/B][/QUOTE]

That's a long story. :)
    Does anyone have GOOD picture reference of the Krenim Timeship?

I used to, but can't find it...

:alien: