Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Gamespy article -

SquidgySquidgy Earthforce Officer
Just spotted an article at Gamespy about licenses that damn well should have been made into games - ([url=http://www.gamespy.com/articles/504/504603p7.html]link[/url]) and B5 came fourth, and Ender's Game came first (booyeah!). Text of article below!

[QUOTE]Top 10 Licenses That Should Be Made Into Games

4. Babylon 5 (Television Show)

[img]http://media.gamespy.com/columns/image/top10licenses_040604_001.jpg[/img]

This entry, of course, opens up a vast can of worms for those who remember the late, lamented Babylon 5 game that was under development at Sierra. That game was based on the "Starfury" spaceships portrayed for five years on J. Michael Straczynsky's groundbreaking science fiction drama. Unlike most sci-fi ships, though, the fictional flight model of Babylons 5's Starfury's wasn't based on old World War II propeller planes as is standard in the genre. Rather, Starfurys travel using reaction jets. The pilots have to fight and move by taking into account the ship's inertia, the lack of air resistance, and gravity. It's a completely different kind of space dogfighting that's never been successfully implemented in a video game, and its loss came as a real blow to both fans of the genre and the show.

Still, space dogfights aren't the only gameplay possibilities offered by the story of a diplomatic/commercial space station that becomes the heart of a galactic war. Straczynsky's universe offers a deep, rich mine of potential gaming material including a Homeworld-style RTS in which players marshal their forces against the Shadows and their allies or an FPS in which players fight with the Earth Force Marine Corps against the Dilgar or their own companions during Sheridan's Civil War against Earth. Despite all it had going for it, though, no Babylon 5 games have ever hit the shelves, and with the show off the air for several years now, it seems as if there never will be.[/QUOTE]

Comments

• E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
    Only on fourth place.
    Who did vote for others?:angryv:
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    I have heard talk of Enders game becoming a movie. That would be cool.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    The worst thing about that description is that it only mentions the dogfighting aspect of ITF, then goes on to say an RTS would also be cool, without mentioning that ITF also had the RTS elements.
  • EclecticonautEclecticonaut Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B]The worst thing about that description is that it only mentions the dogfighting aspect of ITF, then goes on to say an RTS would also be cool, without mentioning that ITF also had the RTS elements. [/B][/QUOTE]Congratulations for breaking the 20k barrier. That's just 20.4% of all posts posted in FirstOnes.com Forums... :)

Edit: or it would be, because Search finds only 9024 of them...
  • E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Eclecticonaut [/i]
    [B]Edit: or it would be, because Search finds only 9024 of them... [/B][/QUOTE]
    Should we all go to search for those missing?;)
  • EclecticonautEclecticonaut Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by E.T [/i]
    [B]Should we all go to search for those missing?;) [/B][/QUOTE] By all means, my dear Watson. But I'm not going to participate. :p
  • Homeworld + Babylon 5 = Yes please...

And they forget to mention the possibility of Space Station Tycoon! :p
  • E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by the_exile [/i]
    [B]And they forget to mention the possibility of Space Station Tycoon! :p [/B][/QUOTE]
    Come to my mind from that name.

[url]http://www.mistaril.com/[/url]
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Eclecticonaut [/i]
    [B]Congratulations for breaking the 20k barrier. That's just 20.4% of all posts posted in FirstOnes.com Forums... :)

Edit: or it would be, because Search finds only 9024 of them... [/B][/QUOTE]

Wow, would you look at that? And I didn't even notice. :)
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    If I recall, there was a mod for Homeworld that turned into Babylon 5.
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    yes...there were several, one hosted by firstones.