Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Byron Cut From Season 5??

Whitestar 15Whitestar 15 Earthforce Officer
I just read on [url]www.b5tv.com[/url] that due to pay disputes, all scenes involving Byron have been cut from the Season 5 DVDs...the article seems real enough but it seems a bit strange. Add that to the fact that it is April Fools Day...

If it is true (or I'm being gullible - it wouldn't be the first time...) then it seems a bit of a scam to buy the boxset when you're gonna be missing half the scenes. Surely the storylines won't flow. I know not many people liked Byron anyway but surely he's vital for the story to continue.

Comments

• SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    your the victim of a very good april fools joke.
  • Whitestar 15Whitestar 15 Earthforce Officer
    I hereby consider myself humbled and will hang my head in shame...

*Hangs head in shame*
    According to the forum, they reckon its a joke as well.

Phew.

[url]http://forums.b5tv.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=241800&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1[/url]
    by the way, if your a gamer, check out [URL=http://blizzard.com]Blizzards[/URL] to see their april fools jokes.
    Ha ha! Those are quite funny. The thing is, if you hadn't warned me, I might've believed them...!
    OMFG, you gotta see this shit...

the people at paramount have gone nuts.

Watch [URL=http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/news/article/5110.html]Klignon Eye for the Human Guy[/URL]
    Ha ha, yeah I was looking at those earlier. Have you seen the one about 'Trek Land' - the 'theme park'. That one is pretty good!
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    I wish Trek Land was real! And located in southern Florida, preferably with some sort of discount for residents.

But wait, if it were in Florida, it would be Trek [i]World[/i]! And then there'd be Euro Trek in France....

Hee, hee, "the Final Frontier of Fun!"

And don't forget the Xindi-Brady.

I remember last years April fools from them. I believe that had Ambassador Kosh arrested for DUI.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Re: OMFG, you gotta see this shit...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SpiritOne [/i]
    [B]the people at paramount have gone nuts.

Watch [URL=http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/news/article/5110.html]Klignon Eye for the Human Guy[/URL] [/B][/QUOTE]

Hey, I'd watch that. :D
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    And you simply [i]have[/i] to watch John Billingsley's [url=http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/features/firstperson/article/5131.html]tell-all spoiler-fest[/url] about the season finalŽ of Enterprise. It's the most riviting piece of drama I've seen since [i]The Manchurian Candidate[/i]. Which, since I first saw [i]The Manchurian Candidate[/i] all of fifteen minutes ago, might not be saying that much, excepting the fact that that movie was really, really good. If you haven't watched it yet, do so. You'll never look at a guy playing Solitaire the same way again.
  • There's a really good way to tell that the whole Byron thing is an april fools joke.

His face is ont he cover of the box art. If they couldn't even get him to allow use of his scenes in the episodes i do not hink that he would be on the box. They could change the box art yes, but not only 12 days before release and in the article it states they in no way wanted to delay release of the set. I know that everybody already knows its a joke by now, but i just thought i would point that out.

(To be perfectly honest though, i could do without that little arrogent self-rightous peice of human excrement "The VORLONS created us to be THEIR weapons and now we want YOU to give us our own planet. Wah")
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    I know a few friends who'd love to see Byron cut from every episode... they found him just a little bit annoying.

Surely then they'd have to recall the ITB dvd as he's in it playing a Minbari and also the future boxset for the films would have to be cut since they're supposed to be re-releasing ITB :D
  • Oh, I don't think that we'de have to go to those extrems. The actor is not bad, just the character.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Akrovah [/i]
    [B]There's a really good way to tell that the whole Byron thing is an april fools joke.[/B][/QUOTE]

There's an easier way. They've already paid him for his services when they produced the show. They can do whatever the hell they like with [b]their[/b] footage now. :)
  • Biggles is right. However, I am one of those people who wishes it was true. Ung... Get a hair cut you pathetic hippie wannabe.
  • MartianDustMartianDust Elite Ranger
    Lol! I hope you're not judging just cos he had long hair! ;)
  • I think the first of April is one of the most annoying days that a year has ;)

Luckily I was two weeks away from computers, tv, news papers and stuff. :D
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by El-Diablo [/i]
    [B]I think the first of April is one of the most annoying days that a year has ;)

Luckily I was two weeks away from computers, tv, news papers and stuff. :D [/B][/QUOTE]

Was it a camping holiday? :D

I remember having to abandon civilisation and all things technical to go camping when I was younger. My dad wouldn't even let us take the TV...

A deprived life, I know

;)
  • I don't know......there was one scene with Byron that made excellent, compulsive viewing.

The scene where he decided to play human incinerator. :D
    This is true. That was a great scene. :D
  • Am I the only one who thought 'Weird cult types' when I saw Byron and his 'followers'. :)
    Nope.
  • The Cabl3 GuyThe Cabl3 Guy Elite Ranger
    I always thought the scene where Byron is hit by the mundane was great. "Was one better than 2? IF so do u think 3, 4 or 5 will be any better?." Infact I had used the same line to attempt to avoid a confrontation at school...didn't work :( .
  • MartianDustMartianDust Elite Ranger
    yeah that scene was well cool! :)