Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

FreeSpace 2 Babylon 5 mod help

I couldn't find an "official" forum for the modding of FreeSpace 2 and the Babylon Project, so this is to anyone who has played it and know what they are doing with it.

I can't get the mod to work. I did a fresh install of FreeSpace 2, it's patch, the Release 2 mod from the Babylon Project website, and the only patch I saw for speech, but the game won't run the mod. It acts as if it isn't there. Am I missing something? Does something need to be running in the backround?

Please, anyone with experience in this matter, respond ASAP for I have been waiting to play this mod for awhile, I just had to get the FreeSpace 2 game back.

Thank you.

Comments

• C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    I'd say you go visit this forum [url]http://www.volitionwatch.com/vwbb/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=16[/url]
  • i had the same problem. to fix it i had to move the .vp files from into freespace2's root directory. it worked great after that, bu tyou will not be able to run freespace2 original until you move or rename the Babylon Project files. The eaiest way tha ti found to overcome this was to just make a copy of my freespace2 folder, put the .vp files in that one, and creat a new shortcut named The Babylon Project.
  • Mr. FuryMr. Fury Earthforce Officer
    Did you follow installation instructions which can be found in both the forums and download page?

If you have Freespace 2 already installed:

Remove any mods installed, including The Babylon Project Release 1. If you're not sure what to do:

# Uninstall Freespace 2.
    # Remove Freespace 2 folder (default: C:\Games\Freespace 2).
    # Install Freespace 2 and install latest official Freespace 2 patch.
    # Install The Babylon Project Release 2 to the folder you installed Freespace 2 (default: C:\Games\Freespace 2).
    # Install released The Babylon Project patches.
    # Launch Freespace 2.
    # Select a campaign which works with TBP R2. (Note: Main FS2 campaign is selected by default.)
    # Play.

If you don't have Freespace 2 installed:

# Install Freespace 2 and install latest official Freespace 2 patch.
    # Install The Babylon Project Release 2 to the folder you installed Freespace 2 (default: C:\Games\Freespace 2).
    # Install released The Babylon Project patches.
    # Launch Freespace 2.
    # Select a campaign which works with The Babylon Project Release 2. (Note: Main FS2 campaign is selected by default.)
    # Play.
  • I got it working now. I had to move the VP files to my root directory. It's workin great now.
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    Thats where they should've been from the start...
  • Yes, but when you install it trys to go to a folder called "The babylon Project" It confusd me at first, I thought it might be meaning"Freespace2\The Babylon Project" then reman it to data when you want to use it. I figured he probably had the same or a similar problem.
  • Mr. FuryMr. Fury Earthforce Officer
    It probably should point to default FS2 dir, but that's what installation instructions are for!
  • PSI-KILLERPSI-KILLER Needs help
    These mods for FS2 are timeless.