Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

So when is Crusade on DVD?

MartianDustMartianDust Elite Ranger
After B5 am now itching to have Crusade on DVD rather than VHS but I can't find when it is going to be released or if it has. Even Amazon has nothing. Keeps coming up with Indiana jones and the last crusade. I thought this would be easy to find.

:)

Comments

• EclecticonautEclecticonaut Elite Ranger
    Re: So when is Crusade on DVD?

I think Crusade will be released at the same time when they release all the movies in same package, probably Q3 2004...
  • Vorlon Ambassador KoshVorlon Ambassador Kosh Vorlonforce Officer
    There's a site, [URL=http://www.tvshowsondvd.com]TvShowsOnDVD[/URL], that tracks a lot if not all teh tvshows out there and when/if they will be released on DVD. Crusade is in the TVshowlist but not in the DVDlist.
    Dunno if it means anything, but maybe that there are no plans on releasing Crusade atm.
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    Well, I'm pretty sure WB hasn't officially announced anything, but JMS seemed to think the set was coming.
  • Yeah on the subject of the movies DVD boxset...

[url=http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=R2&title=162779&p=57&c=&g=72]Play.com[/url] seem to have listed that a [url=http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=R2&title=162779&p=57&c=&g=72]boxset[/url] will be released containing just "ThirdSpace", "Call to Arms" and "River of Souls".

Is this true? Coz I was really looking forward to having all the movies in one boxset. Not having three of them in a nice boxset and the other two (The Gathering and In the Beginning" as seperate DVDs..

Can anyone shed some light on this?

PS: Can't wait for Crusade on DVD!
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    I believe JMS said something like "Releasing the REMAINING movies", but not all of them, in a boxset along with a Crusade set.
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    [QUOTE][URL=http://www.jmsnews.com/scripts/MsgStore.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetMsg&List=1&Topic=1&Flags=1&Query=box%20movie&QFlags=1&ls=1&qs=1&qt=0] from jms(30.11.2003):[/URL]
    [b]Oh, yeah...and next year you can expect two new DVD sets that a) include all
    of the TV movies in one package (with commentaries from me on "The Gathering"
    and "In the Beginning") and b) package all 13 of the Crusade episodes into one
    box.b[/b][/QUOTE]
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    My guess is that the movies will be announced sometime in April, around the the release of Season 5, and then Crusade will be announced either than or around the release of the movies. Unless they decide to put out Crusade before the movies, but I doubt it.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by HuntSmacker [/i]
    [B]I believe JMS said something like "Releasing the REMAINING movies", but not all of them, in a boxset along with a Crusade set. [/B][/QUOTE]

That sucks! In my opinion anyway. I wanted seven nice little neat boxsets (5 Seasons of B5, the movies and then Crusade).
    Sorry, I'm just a perfectionist. :D
  • EclecticonautEclecticonaut Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by eminariiorta [/i]
    [B]That sucks! In my opinion anyway. I wanted seven nice little neat boxsets (5 Seasons of B5, the movies and then Crusade).
    Sorry, I'm just a perfectionist. :D [/B][/QUOTE]
    If you were a perfectionist of your time, you would want the whole collection on two 100GB BD-ROMs (blu-ray discs) or one middle-sized HDD.
    ^ Correction, see the Newsgroup post made by RubberEagle.
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by eminariiorta [/i]
    [B][url=http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=R2&title=162779&p=57&c=&g=72]Play.com[/url] seem to have listed that a [url=http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=R2&title=162779&p=57&c=&g=72]boxset[/url] will be released containing just "ThirdSpace", "Call to Arms" and "River of Souls".
    [/B][/QUOTE]

If it is true, then hopefully it means we wont be waiting until Christmas for season 5.

Worf
  • MartianDustMartianDust Elite Ranger
    Oh drat! I really don't think I can wait longer than a month. I did tape some of them but god knows where they are now, I lost some so not much good.

Guess I'll have to order videos for now. Thing is I'll never sell them since Crusade isn't exactly popular :rolleyes:

Also which order would you recommend in watching them in? I think I'll watch them the way JMS would have liked them, and not TNT.

• There are some copies of Crusades rollin' around eBay.com (US). Claim to be DVD, but don't know if they're legal or not...certainly they aren't licensed...
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    Definitely go with the JMS order, although that one's not perfect, either.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RedAssAg05 [/i]
    [B]There are some copies of Crusades rollin' around eBay.com (US). Claim to be DVD, but don't know if they're legal or not...certainly they aren't licensed... [/B][/QUOTE]

I've seen sme VCD versions floating around before now. But the quality could be anything... I'd go with the VHS versions for now. I did.
    [QUOTE]If it is true, then hopefully it means we wont be waiting until Christmas for season 5.[/QUOTE]

Season 5 should be released late April. If you live in Europe, just order it from Amazon.com or Ebay. That's what I did for S4 :) (Get yourself a multiregion DVD player / or DVD region free for your DVD drive)

[QUOTE]Definitely go with the JMS order, although that one's not perfect, either.[/QUOTE]

I think "Warzone" should be watched first despite JMS' order. I found that episode midly entertaining, especially with the Thunderbolt feature. And Appearances and other Deceits should probably not be watched at all ;)
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by HuntSmacker [/i]
    [B]Season 5 should be released late April. If you live in Europe, just order it from Amazon.com or Ebay. That's what I did for S4 :) (Get yourself a multiregion DVD player / or DVD region free for your DVD drive)[/B][/QUOTE]

The copy of season 3 I have is region 1 but what I didn't like was having to pay £12 and travelling to a distant post office (nope, not the local one up the road :() that isn't easy to get to just to pick it up. Thats what happened last time, so it put me off importing the others.

Worf
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    its more the expense of getting a multi-region player that puts me off. even a cheap one would be a sizable chunk of my monthly student budget, which i would rather spend on the boxset when its finally out. (tho i might be getting one off my folks:D)
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by WORF [/i]
    [B]The copy of season 3 I have is region 1 but what I didn't like was having to pay £12 and travelling to a distant post office (nope, not the local one up the road :() that isn't easy to get to just to pick it up. Thats what happened last time, so it put me off importing the others.

Worf [/B][/QUOTE]

I found out about your shocking customs charges when a friend in the UK got the Jeremiah box set. He had to pay 1/3 of the cost again to customs. That's pretty insane.
    Funny I had no problems.. I payed £40 plus £10 shipping and handling to import Season 4 Boxset from Canada, it arrived in my door within 4 days, no problems or extra prices. I guess you gotta know how to handle international purchases, the right places, the right people, just like any market. :)
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Bekenn [/i]
    [B]Definitely go with the JMS order, although that one's not perfect, either. [/B][/QUOTE]

Sounds like I'm going to be confused which ever way. Are they really that disjointed? But I will watch JMS way first. :)

As for mulitregion dvd I can't afford.
  • heh, I never realized there was a difference in order from JMS to TNT...could someone post the difference in order? Thanks much!
    I made my dvd player multi region, I don't know how legal that is though ;)

All it needed was entering a specific code and that was all. I know it doesnt work like that for every dvd player though.

Maybe I should go and hide from the law/moderators now.

Worf
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RedAssAg05 [/i]
    [B]heh, I never realized there was a difference in order from JMS to TNT...could someone post the difference in order? Thanks much! [/B][/QUOTE]

Here
    [url]http://abyss.hubbe.net/b5/videos/crusade_order.html[/url]

Thought I'd lost it, as I'll need to know.
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Biggles... yes customs here in the UK are a bunch of ********! They charge what they feel like... well thats the impression one gets. I took a risk ordering season 4 through PlayUSA.com, otherwise it was 3 month wait for the region 2 release. Too long for me. So far nothing has arrived in the post from HM Customs, fingers crossed it will stay that way! And I've taken the risk again pre-ordering Season 5.
  • Thanks for the link Dust...I've made the proper annotations to my collection...perhaps now I must watch them again, and see if it makes a difference;-)
    Kinda stupid customs can even get involved :rolleyes: Luckily, I've never had problems and don't expect to. (except funny looks at Airports, something to do with the way I look at people I think :P)
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by WORF [/i]
    [B]The copy of season 3 I have is region 1 but what I didn't like was having to pay £12 and travelling to a distant post office (nope, not the local one up the road :() that isn't easy to get to just to pick it up. Thats what happened last time, so it put me off importing the others.

Worf [/B][/QUOTE]

Try...
    [url]http://www.playusa.com[/url]

They're still based over here I think but they have Region 1 DVDs in stock :eek:
    I got it through them.

Worf
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RedAssAg05 [/i]
    [B]Thanks for the link Dust...I've made the proper annotations to my collection...perhaps now I must watch them again, and see if it makes a difference;-) [/B][/QUOTE]

Well you never know it might! :)