Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

The 2 final episodes

13»

Comments

• ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    well basically, the gunner goes down a shoot into a chamber and hands suspended at the bottom. the surrounding space is projected onto the walls, with the gunner's body being the ship itself. in order to fire the weapons, the gunner punches and/or kicks at the enemy which fires the weapons.

in short rather cheesy, lame and disappointing.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I was quite interested in it when I heard about it, and I think the general idea is quite cool. The whole "fireballs coming out of her fists and feet" thing was really, really bad, though. It would have been far better if they had some better way of firing the weapons rather than waving her arms and legs about like a bloody idiot.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Well, the [i]really[/i] stupid thing about it is that you cant shoot faster than you can punch, would have been better just to point.
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Messiah [/i]
    [B]Well, the [i]really[/i] stupid thing about it is that you cant shoot faster than you can punch, would have been better just to point. [/B][/QUOTE]
    Exactly, and what happens when you get tired?
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    Given how small and dinky that spaceship was, I doubt combat would last long enough for you to get tired.
  • MartianDustMartianDust Elite Ranger
    About ITB. I had no idea that Byron was Morann (minbari)!! I didn't know for sure til i saw the end credits.
    Great movie and to see it again after S5 it tied alot of ends through the series which was clever. Hope to see Thirdspace by end of wk.
  • He was?! Holy Cow!! though I'm not surprised...you see that with several characters on the series!!

One of my favorite episodes: A view from the Gallery, with the show from the point of view of two maintenance workers...pretty neat, and entertaining!
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    "Hey, Bo. She remembered my name."
    "[i]Our[/i] names."
    "I think I'm in love."
    "She's married!"
    "We can work something out."
  • The Cabl3 GuyThe Cabl3 Guy Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B]I was quite interested in it when I heard about it, and I think the general idea is quite cool. The whole "fireballs coming out of her fists and feet" thing was really, really bad, though. It would have been far better if they had some better way of firing the weapons rather than waving her arms and legs about like a bloody idiot. [/B][/QUOTE] \

yeah uhh what happened to pushing buttons? :rolleyes:
  • VladVlad Earthforce Officer
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RedAssAg05 [/i]
    [B]He was?! Holy Cow!! though I'm not surprised...you see that with several characters on the series!!

One of my favorite episodes: A view from the Gallery, with the show from the point of view of two maintenance workers...pretty neat, and entertaining! [/B][/QUOTE]

I would have liked that episode a whole lot better if the two workers weren't so horribly irritating. It could have been a great episode, but I just wanted to strangle those two morons by the end.
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    Who? Lenny and Squigy?
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B]I was quite interested in it when I heard about it, and I think the general idea is quite cool. The whole "fireballs coming out of her fists and feet" thing was really, really bad, though. It would have been far better if they had some better way of firing the weapons rather than waving her arms and legs about like a bloody idiot. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah the idea was great, having a 360º view of the combat area, but surely the Minbari have the tech to just target a vessel and allow the computer to aquire and fire. The weapons officer should just be in charge of selecting targets and weapons management (rate of fire, energy used, etc) as opposed to having to actually pull the trigger.

[sigh] but I guess it would have taken better writing and directing to make it as dramatic as flailing various limbs about.
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vlad [/i]
    [B]I would have liked that episode a whole lot better if the two workers weren't so horribly irritating. It could have been a great episode, but I just wanted to strangle those two morons by the end. [/B][/QUOTE]
    And I had no problem with them and I loved the episode. :)
  • I Found the two rather amusing...I'll grant that they were stereotypical maintenance types (not too bright, well mannered, or tactful)...but that really helped complete the characters!
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    just so you know, JMS original concept was that of a rotating battle chair that rock around in a 360 deg environment, a lot less flailing about like an idiot.
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    a view from the gallery was one of the best eps. :D
  • Thank you A#!! At the end of the day, you're alright.
  • MartianDustMartianDust Elite Ranger
    No, no he's not!! lol. And you just made me remember that I missed out that ep when rewatching all of them! Was going to go back to that ep at a later date.

Ok well I give JMS credit for doing something different but at the time I just wanted to get on with the main story. Perhaps they won't annoy me so much now. But one of the best eps?! No way!!
    ;)
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowDancer [/i]
    [B]well basically, the gunner goes down a shoot into a chamber and hands suspended at the bottom. the surrounding space is projected onto the walls, with the gunner's body being the ship itself. in order to fire the weapons, the gunner punches and/or kicks at the enemy which fires the weapons.

in short rather cheesy, lame and disappointing. [/B][/QUOTE]

I dunno, I thought it was funny as hell when she got all worked up. :D I made alot of PMS jokes about that little scene. :p