Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Can anybody hear me? ... NASA: "we hear you..."

[url]http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1540&ncid=1540&e=1&u=/afp/20040317/sc_afp/us_space_health_science_040317232804[/url]

teh creepy...

Comments

• Psychic powers, here we come! :shadow1:

But hey, if they develop this enough, soon we can talk over the phone without having to actually talk. ;)
  • MartianDustMartianDust Elite Ranger
    Very cool, hard to imagine really.

:)
  • PhiPhi <font color=#FF0000>C</font><font color=#FF9900>o</font><font color=#FFFF00>l</font><font color=#00F
    Being able to use your computer without a keyboard or mouse... Cool, I could freak out my roommate :) Even better if I could hook it up to her computer without her knowing :D Course...then she'd ask me to fix it...

"I really don't know what's making your computer type that stuff...it must be a virus or something, one of those new ones" ;)

• E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Xerxes Chi [/i]
    [B]But hey, if they develop this enough, soon we can talk over the phone without having to actually talk. ;) [/B][/QUOTE]
    Yeah, without disturbing others.
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    This would work better than todays voice control things to the computer.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Computers typing on their own. This reminds me of an old Lockergnome newsletter from back in the day.

I think it was Chris Pirillo who had a new system, and for some reason, it kept on typing out gibberish, with a few words mixed in. There was no apparent cause, and the system was tediously virus scanned.

Then, someone realized something. There was a TV on in the background. the computer's voice recognition software was taking what it heard and was typing it out :D
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    [i]Caves of Steel[/i], anyone?
  • Subvocalization... one step closer to wearing Jane in my ear. :D
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    Exactly what I was thinking, Exile!
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    From [i]The Caves of Steel[/i], by Isaac Asimov:

[quote]She connected her switchboard through a line plainly marked "Personnel," and her lips moved slightly, though no sound could be heard.
    Baley was no stranger to the throat phones that translated the small movements of the larynx into words. He said, "Speak up please. Let me hear you."[/quote]
  • E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B]From [i]The Caves of Steel[/i], by Isaac Asimov: [/B][/QUOTE]
    I would expect special operation forces and other same kind of units to start using this when this works well.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    yeah, i expect the military will be keeping a close eye on how this develops. it would ber great for covert ops