Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Londo, Morden & the Death of Lady Adira

In "Interludes and Examinations", we all know that Morden arranged the death of Londo's beloved Lady Adira. Why did he do this? What did he want from Londo? And did he ever really achieve his goal?

Comments

• ArikArik Galen's Apprentice
    SPOILER ALERT!!!!
    !!!!!
    !!!!!
    !!!!!
    !!!!!
    !!!!!
    !!!!!
    !!!!!
    !!!!!
    !!!!!
    !!!!!
    !!!!!
    !!!!!
    !!!!!
    !!!!!
    By that time in the show, Londo refused to deal with Mordon and his "associates". That was unacceptable because the Centauri where expect to continue carrying out attacks against other worlds, ... instead, Londo refused and concentrated on defending the worlds in the Centauri empire.

Morden wanted him to continue the military campaign, but Londo refused, telling Morden there was nothing Morden could do to him that hadn't already been done... he forgot about Adira.

Mordon poisoned Adira and made it seem like it was Lord Refa who did it. That way, he manipulated Londo to align him against Refa (even more so than before), and he also got Londo to continue with Centauri expansion... when Adira died, Londo said that the whole world can burn, he no longer cared. Ultimately, that was the main reason for Lay Adira's murder. The goal was achieved.
  • Hard to believe that Londo fell for Morden's party line. Then again, Londo wasn't in any position to take revenge on Morden even if he had known - I think Londo believed Lord Refa had Adira killed because he wanted to believe it. Defeated by the Wizard's First Rule and all.

In turning to Morden I think Londo squandered his 3rd & final chance for redemption, as Lady Morella prophesized.

------------------
    There are 3 things in life I never forget: my friends, my enemies, and my access codes.
    Never put gasoline in a fire extinguisher.
    "No government, no dictator can hold an imprisioned population by force of arms forever. There is no power in the universe greater than the need for freedom. Against this power, governments and tyrants and armies [i]cannot stand[/i]." - G'Kar, [i]The Long Twighlight Struggle[/i]
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Claudia Trent: Please don't put spoilers in post titles. There is no way for people to avoid them there.

------------------
    [b][url="http://www.minbari.co.uk/log12.2263/"]Required reading[/url][/b]
    Never eat anything bigger than your own head.
    The Balance provides. The Balance protects.

"Nonono...Is not [i]Great[/i] Machine. Is...[i]Not[/i]-so-Great Machine. It make good snow cone though." - Zathras
  • I don't recall ever seeing Londo turn to Morden. Even in "Z'ha'dum", he was still expressing doubt about aligning with the Shadows.
    Yes, he always doubted, but he was manipulated in such a way that made him go along with whatever plans the shadows had.

Have you read the Centauri trilogy?
  • Data CrystalData Crystal Pencil Artist
    [quote]Originally posted by Claudia Trent:
    [b]I don't recall ever seeing Londo turn to Morden. Even in "Z'ha'dum", he was still expressing doubt about aligning with the Shadows.

[/b][/quote]

Be careful what you wish for... you just might get it.

[i]What do you want?[/i]
    Who put the spring in Springfield?
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Springy the Springfield Spring.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    No, it was the guy who got the statue!

------------------
    [b][url="http://www.minbari.co.uk/log12.2263/"]Required reading[/url][/b]
    Never eat anything bigger than your own head.
    The Balance provides. The Balance protects.

"Nonono...Is not [i]Great[/i] Machine. Is...[i]Not[/i]-so-Great Machine. It make good snow cone though." - Zathras
  • [quote]Originally posted by Talon Mistsong:
    [b]
    In turning to Morden I think Londo squandered his 3rd & final chance for redemption, as Lady Morella prophesized.

[/b][/quote]

His final chance was when he allowed sherdian and delen to escape, and sacrifice himself at the hands of g'kar to save them.