Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Versus

Ok, let's get old school to liven up some posting around here...

Who'd win... strait fight. Their entire fleets:

The Hand Vs. The Vorlons

?

Comments

• David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    Don't know. We've never seen the Hand, just a few "toys" they gave to their large, imposing flunkies.

Now, if the theory about the Hand being the folks from Thirdspace is right, then the Hand, every time.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by David of Mac [/i]
    [B]

Now, if the theory about the Hand being the folks from Thirdspace is right, then the Hand, every time. [/B][/QUOTE]

I think it'd be a really cool tie in if the Hand were te Thirdspace aliens. It would pull that whole thing together and make it make sense :D

Anyone else?
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    I'm all for forgetting the hand ever existed, myself.
  • THE HAND WILL NOT BE DENIED!!! IT REFUSES TO BE FORGOTTEN!!!

heh heh;-) the hand was from Legend of the Rangers, right?
  • EclecticonautEclecticonaut Elite Ranger
    In India your left hand is considered a dirty hand because a local custom is not to use toilet paper when wiping your ass...
  • MartianDustMartianDust Elite Ranger
    haha "Don't talk to me. talk to THE HAND!"
    ;)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Eclecticonaut [/i]
    [B]In India your left hand is considered a dirty hand because a local custom is not to use toilet paper when wiping your ass... [/B][/QUOTE]

Lol! You learn something new every day! Yuck!:eek:
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    This is also a custom in northern Africa, although the custom is dying out, what with running water and all...

Extending your right hand in friendship comes from these countries if I remember correctly.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    id rather not know anything about any of the hands mentioned here!

1. it was the worst of the B5 movies
    2. thats disgusting
    3. i didnt want to think about that before breakfast
    4. the vorlons IMO, but thats just cos i like them:D
  • I wasn't a massive fan of the Rangers pilot but it was, to be totally far, better than the original Babylon 5 pilot (My opinion). But I'd rather pretend the Hand didn't exist... unless they are of course the Thirdspace aliens.

Ok, people: what about the...

Earth Alliance Vs. Narn Regime (Post first centauri occupation, pre second occupation) ?
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    dunno actually. i think it would be a fairly close thing, but i think that the Narn might have the upper hand.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowDancer [/i]
    [B]dunno actually. i think it would be a fairly close thing[/b][/quote]

Yeah thats why I chose those two. It's a tough one to call.

[quote][i]Originally posted by ShadowDancer[/i] [b], but i think that the Narn might have the upper hand. [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree with that actually. But only if the Narn's had a purpose to fight. IE: They're passionate about their beliefs. If Earth did something to offend them etc. then they'd win :D
  • AlaricAlaric Damn kids! Get off my island!
    I'm not so sure
    There're plenty of hints that the humans were considered pretty tough customers.

The Gathering, Londo & Garibaldi:
    L: You know why I am here? I'm here to grovel before your wonderful Earth Alliance, in hopes of attaching ourselves to your destiny, like... what are those fish called on your planet that attach themselves to sharks?
    G: Ramoras.
    L: Yes. You make very good sharks Mr. Garibaldi. We were
    pretty good sharks ourselves, once - but somehow, along the
    way, we forgot how to bite.

B5 took out a Centauri war cruiser, a ship which has a Narn equivalent and while b5 isn't a warship per se, it is similarly equipped.

so on the whole I go for the humans
  • Good point Alaric.

Ok, what about the Drakh Vs. the Interstellar Alliance ? :D
    i think the IA would win, as the whitestar fleet did beat that drakh cruiser/carrier, but it would ultimatly depend on the resources of the 2 sides. the IA would have significant reserves to call on, but the drakh strength is an unknown.

back to earth v narn, dunno how i forgot about B5 v the primus:eek: so yeah, i shamelessly reverse my opinion to the Earth Alliance:D
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    Personally I'd rather forget out The Hand. They weren't very well thought out, and I find them very two dimensional. Even the Thirdspace aliens was a better concept than these guys. Otherwise, .. GO VORLONS.
  • I don't think the Hand were the most inventive villians, from what we saw of them anyway, but who knows what direction JMS would have taken the story if Rangers had gotten a series. The Hand might have turned out to be the Thirdspace aliens(nicely tying them into the B5 story) or something else that would have made them more 3D and purposeful.

I don't think we should condem them from the 90minutes of Rangers we saw...
  • I'm happy to say I have succeded in wiping that aweful cinematic travesty from my mind. All I remember is that it sucked. Gathering was much better if you ask me.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lennier [/i]
    [B]Gathering was much better if you ask me. [/B][/QUOTE]

amen to that!
  • I think we all look at the past with rose coloured specticles. ;)
    there is definitly some truth to that........tho i used to think that meant 'looking back with anger' until a few years ago when someone explained it to me:p
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    hand...bleh..

B5 quote = good. :)

b5 is quite quotable...but no one understands them....
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Narns v Earth

Hmm the Narns would have the upper hand agression wise, they'd put up a hell of a fight. But tech wise Earth would have the upper hand. G'Quan cruisers wouldn't have a hope against the Warlock's. Maybe if the Narn had rebuilt some of their massive Bin'Tak dreadnoughts they'd have a chance as Earth has nothing in that class. But a couple of Warlocks would take one out pretty quickly. Since the bulk of Earths fleet is still Omega cruiser based, it would be an equal fight I think putting an Omega up against a G'Quan. Fighter wise the Frazi's are better armoured that StarFuries and Thunderbolts but lose out on manoeuvrability.

So I make it Earth Alliance 1 Narn Regime 0