Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Wouldn't it be cool? OR Who would like that?

Hello there,
as a lot of You guys know, the produced Crusade episodes will come in a DVD-Box.
I thin ka lot of Your guys read the unfilmed scripts of the missing Episodes!
Here is the Question:

Wouldn't ist be cool, if those scripts would be filmed exclusive for the DVD-Box?
I know that this would be quite expensive but I believe for the Price of a season Box of Babylon5 a whole lot of people would buy it and maybe would bring some fresh blood to the series.

Who knows? Maybe someone thinks, that it would be worth spending some Money on the series to produce more episodes?
Maybe enough to finance the complete series?
Of course that also depends on JMS if he would like to write the scripts for the episodes...

Well let me hve some feedback for it!
THX A LOT!

Comments

• ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    i hate to be so pessimistic, but while i agree its a very cool idea, i dont see it happening:(
  • It'd be awesome if they were to do that, but I very much doubt they would.
    Maybe they could do an animated representation?

Though a realistic wish of mine for the DVD Boxset would be including the unproduced scripts with it.
  • hmmmm...animated?

Not a bad idea, too!
    But PLEASE not like Starship Troopers...that was the worst animated thing I ever saw.
    Then at least in a quality like Final Fantasy for example!
    Agreed?
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Well, I don't think anybody would *EVER* spend money on an aborted series, promise or not, at this time after its cancellation, so new episode production is completely out.

Also, I don't see what's bad about Roughnecks. I watched that a while back, thought it was pretty decent!
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Re: hmmmm...animated?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Tommieboy2004 [/i]
    [B]Not a bad idea, too!
    But PLEASE not like Starship Troopers...that was the worst animated thing I ever saw.
    Agreed? [/B][/QUOTE]

Beware the Warth of Jack...
  • I never said computer animation... if, in some glorious universe where things we wanted actually happened, and they did make the unfilmed scripts they'd probably do it cartoon animation... because it's cheap.

And Roughnecks wasn't that bad! *looks 2 little brother's dvd collection*
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    I think they'd be more likely to do a storyboard sequence, if anything. That's about as far as they'd be willing to go. Although I'm not sure they'd be able/willing to get the actors to do voiceovers for it.
  • MartianDustMartianDust Elite Ranger
    It would be a great idea, but can't see it happening unfortunately.
    I've yet to see Crusade.
    Am hioping right now that JMS announcement will be a series/movie that will rock!

Welcome btw
    The beers in the frigde and the nuts are all over the place. :)

Hope I got that right lol! ;) A few newbies here now.
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    Re: hmmmm...animated?

[B]Not a bad idea, too!
    Agreed? [/B][/QUOTE]

:mad: WTF is that supposed to mean?

Maybe you wanna I should come slap your @$$ in a chair for 12-16 hours a day to meet a totally animated series deadline each week?!?

:alien:
  • samuelksamuelk The Unstoppable Mr. 'K'
    Roughnecks was an awesome series -- and I'm not just saying that because I know JackN worked on it -- I have all of the DVDs (except for the Ice Asteroid disc -- I'll get that one soon, but it's the weakest of the series, so no real rush). Great story, excellent animation and you could just tell that it was a series with a lot of blood, sweat and tears. The people who worked on that show really seemed to love it.

As for the unproduced Crusade episodes, it's a nice thought, but it will NEVER happen.

A single episode would cost in the high 6- or low 7-figures to produce, and that kind of money just isn't spent for DVDs, even high-profile ones.

And that's not even considering hiring actors for short-term contracts, rebuilding sets, etc.

A nice dream, but that's all it is.
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    How about doing an animated Crusade ourselves?

Worf
  • That actually leads onto something I've been wanting to do for a long time.

I was gonna try and rally interest in my project idea after I'd seen all of Crusade (I've only seen half the episodes made and read the unfilmed scripts) but what they hay as we're getting that way anyway.

My proposed idea is: "The Crusade Continues".

A group of talented story writers get together and finish Crusade ourselves.
    Whatcha say?
    We start off by getting hosting for a site, maybe we could have a sub-domiain here for the project? *Looks at Admins :cool: *
    and then we novelise the episodes of Crusade actually made before we move onto new and original stories... if we get a decent looking site maybe we could even try and convince JMS to release the five year arc plans to us?

Anyone interested in the project? :D
    There is a Star Wars fan project called the Virtual Sequels, basically they are putting together lots of different material as if they were making a third Star Wars trilogy, artwork, comics, short stories of various scenes etc.

The idea is that anyone with some creative talent can add to the project in their own way.

We could do something like that, but probably with a bit more structure so people don't go off all over the place but it would allow people with different talents (writing, drawing, 3d modelling etc) to take part.

Worf
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by eminariiorta [/i]
    [B]My proposed idea is: "The Crusade Continues".

A group of talented story writers get together and finish Crusade ourselves.
    Whatcha say?
    We start off by getting hosting for a site, maybe we could have a sub-domiain here for the project? *Looks at Admins :cool: * [/B][/QUOTE]

*Admins look back :alien: *

[B]and then we novelise the episodes of Crusade actually made before we move onto new and original stories... if we get a decent looking site maybe we could even try and convince JMS to release the five year arc plans to us?[/B][/QUOTE]

Pipe dreams... and you should be getting JMS approval LONG before you even start something like this, not after the fact...

[B]Anyone interested in the project? :D [/B][/QUOTE]

Nope.
    Nice timing on your post :p

Worf
  • Don't wanna cause any trouble but...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JackN [/i]
    [B]*Admins look back :alien: *

Pipe dreams... and you should be getting JMS approval LONG before you even start something like this, not after the fact...

Nope. [/B][/QUOTE]

You could at least be polite when you're brutally crushing someone's idea!
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    Lemme put it another way, then:

JMS is adamantly opposed to works of fan fiction in places where he might see them. You'll note the tag in his signature reading "and don't send me story ideas." This is because, were he to see story ideas from someone else that matched with what he already wanted to do, he'd be unable to use them. The fan who came up with those ideas would be in a position to sue WB for use of those ideas, even if JMS came up with them separately.

What it boils down to is this:

If you're going to make a work of fanfic, do so in either a very low-profile, low-exposure way, or do so using stories that don't hold much relation to what we've seen on-screen. The IFH prequel campaign, for instance, centers around characters who never appeared in the show, building laterally off of what we've seen in canon sources. Other fan works take place either during events we've already seen, or in vastly different time frames. That's all fairly safe, as it's not likely to impinge upon what JMS wants to do. A fan-made extension of Crusade, on the other hand, if it were to gain any serious exposure, could seriously jeapordize our chances of seeing canon material in that area.

So don't do it.
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    If you want to see Star Trek vs. Babylon 5 then head over to [url]www.starwreck.com.[/url] :)

PS. it's only Starwreck 6 that contains Babylon 5 ships but it's not finished yet.
    [B]Don't wanna cause any trouble but...
    You could at least be polite when you're brutally crushing someone's idea! [/B][/QUOTE]

ok...

First of all I'm giving my general opinion of your idea. It [b][i]IS[/i][/b] a pipe dream, becuase projects like this usually never finish or finsih well.

When I said "nope", I meant that [b][i]I[/i][/b] am not interested. I am not speaking for anyone else. ;)

When I said "Admins look back", I was refering to the fact that they (including me) all have more than enough stuff on their plates, to be expected to provide resources on a whim. I'll let them speak for themselves, but you already know where I stand.

With all that said, I have probably come down hard on you when I shouldn't have, because you basically pissed me off when you brutally crushed someones hard work called Roughneck's with you comment ...

(A project I worked on 12-16 hours a day at Foundation Imaging)

;)

Cheers!
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JackN [/i]
    [B] because you basically pissed me off when you brutally crushed someones hard work called Roughneck's with you comment ...

(A project I worked on 12-16 hours a day at Foundation Imaging)

[/B][/QUOTE]

It wasn't me that said anything bad about Roughnecks. In fact I defended it..

[quote][i]Originally posted by eminariiorta [/i]
    [b]And Roughnecks wasn't that bad! *looks 2 little brother's dvd collection*[/b][/quote]

It was tommieboy2004 that called it aweful. Not me

[quote][i]Originally posted by Tommieboy2004[/i]
    [b]But PLEASE not like Starship Troopers...that was the worst animated thing I ever saw.[/b][/quote]
    :rolleyes:

Sorry... Boy am I a goob...

:p

My most sincere apologies...

;)

Ok, I think I'll go climb into a hole and let some time pass...

:eek:
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JackN [/i]
    [B]My most sincere apologies...[/B][/QUOTE]

Apology excepted m8. Let's try and put this past us and focus on what's really important, the defeat of the Drakh!
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    I think you forgot about, you know...
    the whole "Everyone on Earth is going to die in five years" thing. That's kinda important, too. :D
  • Wel...

I am sorry, but I didn't like the Series...it was good made though in technically terms, but the story...I don't know, was not very appealing to me, but thanks for including the Skinnies into the story. At least it was a little bit like the book!
    sorry, that's my opinion and I hope they respect it...no need to threaten me like that!
    Re: Wel...

[B]I am sorry, but I didn't like the Series...it was good made though in technically terms, but the story...I don't know, was not very appealing to me, but thanks for including the Skinnies into the story. At least it was a little bit like the book!
    sorry, that's my opinion and I hope they respect it...no need to threaten me like that! [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's your opinion, and you're entitled to it...

I wasn't really threatening you (as if I could strap you to a chair for 12-16 hours anyway... seriously :D ) my point is that it wasn't some flippant project that everbody sat around a drank beer while playing in Lightwave...

(well Fridays we did, but anyway...)

I'm quite proud of the work my friends and I did on that project, and will always cherish those times no matter how stressful they were, or insane the expectations were...

Anywho... enough of my input, I've stirred the pot more than my share....

;)