Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Claudia Christian signing Sat 6th amongst others.

MartianDustMartianDust Elite Ranger
I daresay its too late now but if anyone does see this and lives in London and didn't know, Claudia is doing a signing here:
[url]http://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com/[/url]
amongst other guests. from ST, LOTR, Blakes7, Red Dwarf, Stargate etc etc...
I wanted to go but never checked site til now since i couldn't afford it anyway. Was glad to see Val Kilmer cancelled as I would've liked to have met him. Alas now I wish I could go again to meet Claudia. Oh well......... enjoy if anyone does manage to go. Tix are on sale at doors. :)

Comments

• WORFWORF The Burninator
    I went, it was great.

Anyway, the next one is in May, we should arrange a firstones meetup there if some B5 people go, last time Ed Wasser was there.

Worf
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Looked like a good line up there. Wouldn't have made it anyway, was busy. If the next one has Ed Wasser I might go actually, haven't met the guy or got his authograph.

On a none B5 note I might be going to see Mathew Perry and Alison Hannigan in the theatre version of When Harry Met sally, in London. Info here: [url]http://whenharrymetsally.co.uk/cast.htm[/url]

Might aswell go and have a look... you never know i might bump into Alison herself and sweep her off her feet! :D
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    when in may? Perhaps I could arrange for a flight over for an early vacation...
    All the details are [URL=http://www.scifishows.com/php/expo/home.html]here[/URL] . I will be there on the 16th regardless of B5 people.

Worf
  • MartianDustMartianDust Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by WORF [/i]
    [B]I went, it was great.

Anyway, the next one is in May, we should arrange a firstones meetup there if some B5 people go, last time Ed Wasser was there.

Worf [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh more details Worf! Did you meet Claudia? And photos?! :)

That would be cool to go. I for one will have to see what I can afford.

[QUOTE][B]On a none B5 note I might be going to see Mathew Perry and Alison Hannigan in the theatre version of When Harry Met sally, in London. Info here: [url]http://whenharrymetsally.co.uk/cast.htm[/url]

Might aswell go and have a look... you never know i might bump into Alison herself and sweep her off her feet! [/B][/QUOTE]

I thought I must've missed it! Read it ages ago in a Buffy mag about it.
    I would like to meet her, perhaps I will. I think theatres are good places to meet famous peeps. I met Gillian Anderson from X-files last yr I think?!? Time goes so quick. And she was great, signed everyone that was waiting, around 30- 40 ppl.
    :)
    Yeah I'd like to meet her aswell. Ah slight note, I made and error in my post... Mathew Perry is not in the play, its Luke Perry. Doh! Would like to meet Luke Perry aswell, liked him in Jeremiah. That was very good of Gillian Anderson to do that... some actors are fine with others get all 'run away'. I met the girl that played Tara in Buffy 2 years ago and she was great. When we were queuing outside the store staff came out and said no cameras as she had a bad headache and only purchased items could be signed. We all thought oh great she won't be in a good mood, but when we got in to the shop she was in great form, didn't mind having her pic taken and was very chatty. And she signed whatever people had. And as an added bonus Josh Whedon himself turned up which was very cool! I came away with a very nice signed photo of her and they both signed the season 5 prt 1 video boxset which had just come out then.

The only person I've met who was grumpy was the author Terry Pratchett... think the fact that over 200 people were queuing outside the bookshop got to him.
    Claudia was very friendly, even though she didn't have many people queuing for her (The Lord of the Rings and TNG people had the big queues).

Also, last summer I met a few members of the Buffy/Angel cast (I cant remember all of their names so I will just list their characters) Angel, Xander, Joyce Summers and The Groosalugg. The actor that plays Xander had his twin brother and his wife there too, who have both appeared in Buffy. His brother was in the episode where there were two Xanders and his wife was one of the women that Spike attacked in season 7.

[url]http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~angelus/photos/angel.jpg[/url]
    [url]http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~angelus/photos/cast.jpg[/url]

Worf
    gah. I'm going to be here four days too long to go there. :/

I've even got the miles stacked up and everything! :/
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Falcon1 [/i]
    [B]Yeah I'd like to meet her aswell. Ah slight note, I made and error in my post... Mathew Perry is not in the play, its Luke Perry. Doh! Would like to meet Luke Perry aswell, liked him in Jeremiah. That was very good of Gillian Anderson to do that... some actors are fine with others get all 'run away'. I met the girl that played Tara in Buffy 2 years ago and she was great. When we were queuing outside the store staff came out and said no cameras as she had a bad headache and only purchased items could be signed. We all thought oh great she won't be in a good mood, but when we got in to the shop she was in great form, didn't mind having her pic taken and was very chatty. And she signed whatever people had. And as an added bonus Josh Whedon himself turned up which was very cool! I came away with a very nice signed photo of her and they both signed the season 5 prt 1 video boxset which had just come out then.
    [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm not bothered about Luke/Mathew Perry anyway. They/ he was in Beverly hills right?!
    Thats cool you met Tara and Josh! The musical ep of Buffy - don't you think she had a lovely voice? I did! :) I think she should take up singing, but decent stuff not pop.
    Some actors don't hang around, luck of the draw unless they're actually there to sign. I would so love to meet JMS.

[QUOTE][B]
    Also, last summer I met a few members of the Buffy/Angel cast (I cant remember all of their names so I will just list their characters) Angel, Xander, Joyce Summers and The Groosalugg. The actor that plays Xander had his twin brother and his wife there too, who have both appeared in Buffy. His brother was in the episode where there were two Xanders and his wife was one of the women that Spike attacked in season 7.
    [/B][/QUOTE]

Worf your photos are great! Thank you so much for posting. :)
    I had no idea Xander even had a brother let alone in that ep! How cool! And there was me thinking that it was all effects and not flesh lol. :)
    Oh poor Claudia. Once she would've had hundreds!!
    As I suspected, more guests have been announced for the London Expo, some orcs, someone from Tek War and Armin Shimmerman (Quark from DS9 and Principal Snyder from Buffy)

Worf
    ARMIN SHIMMERMAN?!?!?!?!

PLEASE get me his autograph! I'll freaking pay for it :D
    Lol! I've never met the Quark guy. How tall/short is he?!
    ;)

Sanfam, couldn't you get his autograph from a sci-fi shop or somewhere online or his fansite? :)
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    id imagine hes pretty short if he was playing a ferengi;)
    I think he's quite short... Sarah Michelle Gellar isn't that tall and she towered over him... but maybe that was the heals on those nice boots she often wore.... hmmmm :p

MartianDust... yes Amber Benson has an amazing voice, for me she was the real star of the musical episode. The duet she did with Giles was amazing, the harmony with their voices was beautiful. Yeah if she ever had a slow patch in her acting career she could take up singing no problem. Btw Anthony Head is a good singer aswell and he plays the guitar pretty good too. I'd love to meet JMS too. I just want to meet him, shake his hand and thank him for such an amazing show.

Worf... what was David Boreanz like?
    [B]Worf... what was David Boreanz like? [/B][/QUOTE]

Quiet.

People said he was unfriendly but I think he is just a quiet person and was a bit overwhelmed by the fan reaction.

Worf
    I've heard he's a bit shy aswell. Richard Dean Anderson from Stargate is supposed to be very shy and never goes to any conventions. I met Anthony Head in London (signing at Dr Who Shop) and he was a bit quiet too. He looked a bit tired to be honest. Managed to get a laugh out of him though. You know when your about to meet someone famous you start thinking 'oh what can I say to him that would really cool that nobody else would say' and you end up mumbling hi and walk off kicking yourself. My friend in front of me asked him about the proposed Watcher spin off series. When I came up did the usual 'hi' stuff etc and he asked my name. There was general discussion about tv stuff and I mentioned I saw him in Bergerac once. Its an old UK detective series and he would have been in his early 20's. His responce was 'BLOODY HELL!' and he laughed. I think he'd forgotten that he was in it. It was a very small part, was on in it for a few minutes... think he played A civil servant. Was cool anyway.
    [B]
    MartianDust... yes Amber Benson has an amazing voice, for me she was the real star of the musical episode. The duet she did with Giles was amazing, the harmony with their voices was beautiful. Yeah if she ever had a slow patch in her acting career she could take up singing no problem. Btw Anthony Head is a good singer aswell and he plays the guitar pretty good too. I'd love to meet JMS too. I just want to meet him, shake his hand and thank him for such an amazing show.
    [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh Anthony's great too. I got his album and if you don't have it, its really worth buying if you like his voice. The music is great too!
    As for JMS.......god I think I might kiss his feet for B5. Yeah I'd be like the Narns worshipping G'kar for his writings tehehe! :) Strange irony as it probably was JMS writing G'kars lines. ?!

[QUOTE][B]quote:Originally posted by Falcon1
    Worf... what was David Boreanz like?

Quiet.

People said he was unfriendly but I think he is just a quiet person and was a bit overwhelmed by the fan reaction.[/B][/QUOTE]

I've never really liked him, don't really know why. That is....his character.

Byron was dead quiet when I met him. Didn't like him much.

Oh and I met Anthony last yr and he was very lively, a smirky fun kind of guy from what I could make at that time. You must've caught him when he was indeed tired! He wasn't overly chatty but friendly enough.
    I never know what to say to these famous peeps either! And am always kicking myself. End up coming home with a serious sore ass afterwards hehe. ;)
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    [B]You know when your about to meet someone famous you start thinking 'oh what can I say to him that would really cool that nobody else would say' and you end up mumbling hi and walk off kicking yourself.[/B][/QUOTE]

You know, it's funny. My sister had the opportunity to meet [url=http://imdb.com/name/nm0000996/]LeVar Burton[/url] yesterday, and even managed to get his autograph, and did the exact same "Bibble, bibble, bibble" thing when she was talking to him. What she had meant to say was something along the lines of, "You know, I'm really sorry Geordi never got the girl." But, hey, she still met [i]LeVar freaking Burton[/i], so I don't think there'll be too much lost sleep from that.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by MartianDust [/i]
    [B]Lol! I've never met the Quark guy. How tall/short is he?!
    ;)

Sanfam, couldn't you get his autograph from a sci-fi shop or somewhere online or his fansite? :) [/B][/QUOTE]

But that's just not the same ;)

Plus, if I make Worf do something, I can say he's a minion of my dark empire!
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sanfam [/i]
    [B]But that's just not the same ;)

Plus, if I make Worf do something, I can say he's a minion of my dark empire! [/B][/QUOTE]

You are right there! I must admit, it isn't the same, though how d'you know Worf won't get it from a shop? hehe soz Worf only kidding. ;)

Are you on the dark side of the force then?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sanfam [/i]
    [B]Plus, if I make Worf do something, I can say he's a minion of my dark empire! [/B][/QUOTE]

Until I rise up and take the throne for myself, BWAHAHAHA...wait did I say that out loud? ;)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by MartianDust [/i]
    [B]Are you on the dark side of the force then?[/B][/QUOTE]

The dark side of the force flows through me!

[IMG]http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~angelus/bghunter/office_mine/carbonchamber2.jpg[/IMG]

Worf
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by WORF [/i]
    [B]Until I rise up and take the throne for myself, BWAHAHAHA...wait did I say that out loud? ;)

The dark side of the force flows through me!

[IMG]http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~angelus/bghunter/office_mine/carbonchamber2.jpg[/IMG]

Worf [/B][/QUOTE]

Ahahahaaa!! Wicked, I like! Don't worry Worf am sure Sanfam didn't hear you, he's too busy practising his Darth Vader breathing techniques. Or is that what you do in your spare time too? ;)
    Btw how long did it take you to do that photo?
    It took about half an hour or so to put myself in the room and fiddle with the lighting.

Then I sent it to Phi and she did the lightsaber blade for me :D

Worf
    Really? Cool! :) It looks like the light saber glows on your face and eyes, looks very real. Is the outfit real or was that added?