Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Crashing 2 desktop

Hi yall. I dont know how do you all play Buda but every time i play it, it crashes 2 desktop. Before installing the mod i could play i war 2 for hours. Could somebody help me with that. Id just love 2 play it withought a fear that it could crash at the next moment. Tnx.

Comments

• B5JunkyB5Junky A Sanfamitek Systems product
    Patch

Do you have the most recent patch uploaded>
  • Could tell me exactly what mods you have activated, and what exactly you are doing when you crash, and what happens when you crash?
  • I have the latest iwar2 patch, i activate buda5 ingame core and white star thug mods. Those crashes are random, when i fly in lds or when i fight. It happens never in the base though. The game just freezes for 2 seconds and then im on my desktop. Tnx.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shaman [/i]
    [B]i activate buda5 ingame core and white star thug mods.[/B][/QUOTE]Does the game crash with other ships activated, too?
  • crashing

i also am having difficulties with crashing. whenever i run buda5 ingame the game will crash in jsu tunder 10 minutes. there is no exception. it will happen with any ship on any mission and at any time. there is no identifiable trigger. i looked to see if it hapens with specific events, like collecting too much cargo, or just after i call jaffs, or after destroying certain ships, or after certain ships jump, but hter jsut is no pattern except time. there is only one time that anyhting different happens, and that is when i use the minbari nail fighter. the nail fighter will crash as soon as loading is complete, before any frames are rendered.

my system is win2k sp4, 1GB DDR, Athlon XP 2200+, Creative Audigy Platinum. i am running all the latest drivers for my hardware, and teh iwar2 installation is fresh, and patched, and then buda5 was installed. even my OS is fresh because i recently had to reformat.

i do not know if this will help at all, but i a also having troubles with the standard iwar2 individual ship replacememnts. i am not too concerned with this because i would rather just play buda5 in-game, but it might draw some parallels for you to work from. i can use most of the player ship replacememnts alone without much trouble. sometimes ships which cary fighters will crash randomly. more interesting is when i activate some of the non-player replacements, such as the GOD platforms, Orion base, cargo ships, etc. when these are running i always end up with a crash, though the time to crash is not predictable like it is in buda5 in-game. i hav enot yet been able to determine which combination of mods, or individual mod, it is that causes the crash, although i am leaning towards the cargo ships at teh moment. lastly, like the nail fighter crash in buda5 in-game, i ge ta crash every time i activate the g'quan AI replacement. i can hit launch, loading will complete, and before any frames are rendered teh game will crash.
  • Re: crashing

I'm just wondering what graphic card you have?
  • lol, cant believe i forgot to include that. i have a geforce4 ti4600
  • KillerKiller Trainee
    Yes, I have exactly the same problem. I have a P4/3GHz, 512 MB RAM, FX5900XT (61.77) and integrated sound card.
  • Crazy, I've just reinstalled it and have no probs at all (WinXP SP2, AthlonTB/XP & 64). Well, I only have Radeon Cards, so maybe there are troubles with cards from nvidia? I really don't know. Furthermore I can't remember that anyone of the official I-War 2 board wrote about such a random crash.

What OS do you have?
  • KillerKiller Trainee
    Hello, I use Win XP Pro with SP1.
  • Roi DantonRoi Danton Moderator
    So that isn't the reason. I couldn't figure it out completely b/c I have no nvidia card anymore. Did your computer crashed while you play the Buda5 Mission Collection, too?
  • KillerKiller Trainee
    I do not know as I do not have Mission Collection installed.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Killer [/i]
    [B]I do not know as I do not have Mission Collection installed. [/B][/QUOTE]I recommend to test it. If there are crashes, too, perhaps a certain ship model don't want to work with your system. If not .. well .. problem of the Buda5InGame with your system. ;)
  • KillerKiller Trainee
    O.K. I will try. But I will finish the campaign first.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Killer [/i]
    [B]O.K. I will try. But I will finish the campaign first. [/B][/QUOTE]Of course, enjoy it!