Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Stargate Atlantis new spin off series

So they've finally decided on a new spin off series based on Stargate called Stargate: Atlantis. Its going to be based round one of the other SG Teams who find another gate on the lost island of Atlantis (as you do). This gate leads to a planet inhabited by humans who are under threat from a new enemy. It will air in the summer in the US... pilot episode then 20 1 hr episodes for the series.

Here's Sci Fi's website on it: [url]http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/[/url]

and here's the official page from MGM:
[url]http://www.stargateatlantis.com/[/url]

Will be interesting to see how this ones goes. Apparently it will take a different direction to the current series. Cross overs would be cool for sure! One thing does bother me though... there is only one Jack O'Neill :D

Comments

• MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Yep, old news. 8th season of SG1 is also the last one...

And the cast of SG1 will appear in several atlantis episodes. :)
  • BOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

*Would prefer season 9 of SG1*
  • And to the people who mite not be seeing Alantis for some time on tv.

Stargates.tk is perped for it.
  • MartianDustMartianDust Elite Ranger
    I loved the film and the first two eps of Stargate series but then I found it went downhill. The worlds they visited always looked the same in the woods. Did it ever get better?
    I found it funny that they got a James Spader lookalike who was actually good.

:)
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by MartianDust [/i]
    [B]I loved the film and the first two eps of Stargate series but then I found it went downhill. The worlds they visited always looked the same in the woods. Did it ever get better?
    I found it funny that they got a James Spader lookalike who was actually good.

:) [/B][/QUOTE]

Most of the planets they visit are "green" but there are exceptions, such as highly advanced planets etc.

This is probably because they cant afford to take the cast to exotic locations for every episode and maintain the quality of the cgi etc.

Worf
    The funny thing is that they explain a lot of why the series looks like it does in the series. For example, Dr. Carter states in one episode: Wherever there is an oxygen-carbondioxid atmosphere, there are bound to be trees. Considering the fact that the stargate system was created by oxygen-carbondioxide breathers (probably), the worlds that are visited most often have trees. With a few notable exceptions...

There is one episode where it actually looks like they are walking on the surface of the moon... :)
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    [url]http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/characters.shtml[/url]
    [url]http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/universe.shtml[/url]
    [url]http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/[/url] if you just want to explore

that's nagged me for a bit.

It reeks of SG-1 characters with some enterprise-like plot devices.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    ok, now im really disappointed:( sounds like the only things from SG1 that we'll see are GDO's and MALP's. the rest sounds like star trek
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Some more character details:
    [url]http://www.filmjerk.com/nuke/article764.html[/url]
    [url]http://www.filmjerk.com/nuke/article720.html[/url]

The main problem as I see it is that the show has lined up for it a cast that almost duplicates the aspects of SG-1's characters. You've go the gung-ho lead, the brainy research scientist with great lingual skills, the alien trying to fit in, the macho woman who is simply trying to find a crowd which she can live with...

It's just like they want to continue SG-1, but gave up on the old characters and decided to make new ones like 'em.
  • MartianDustMartianDust Elite Ranger
    It does sound rather like ST in the way that they are just having diff characters. Now if only this happens with B5, though ideally I'd love all the other original actors that I grew to love. :)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by WORF [/i]
    [B]This is probably because they cant afford to take the cast to exotic locations for every episode and maintain the quality of the cgi etc.[/B][/QUOTE]

Then they should've stayed near a desert type of location since the movies were filmed there. I'm sure they could've at least imported alot of sand for their studios. ;)

I saw one of the actresses from SG1 at a convention. Was B5 con mainly so wasn't that bothered by SG1 and is why I don't know her name. But she was very funny and witty. Think they got rid of her in SG1 later eps or she quit? She had short blondish hair if I remember.

:)
  • I'll try to keep an open mind

This sounds a lot like the same thing all over again... The Characters are virtually the same with the abilities of the old ones thrown around a bit. I think that 'Atlantis' will last for one or two seasons and die rather quick...

I just hope that I am wrong...

Ps.
    [COLOR=limegreen]GREEN[/COLOR]
    Ds.
  • PhiPhi <font color=#FF0000>C</font><font color=#FF9900>o</font><font color=#FFFF00>l</font><font color=#00F
    Hey, Ranger 3 :) Open minds are always welcome :D

And ShadowDancer, quick! It's your big chance! ;)

-Φ [subliminal]doesn't really like beer...so won't offer it herself[/subliminal]
    Yep, Ranger 3 is one of my RL friends. Treat him as you would do me :D
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Are you sure about that?
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B]Are you sure about that? [/B][/QUOTE]

I was thinking that too.

Worf
  • *Removes his little meatle 9 volt handshake buzzer*

*Raplaces it with his home made 220 watt hand buzzer.

Hia! *Holds out hand to shake*

:D
  • naww, just joking.

welcome to firstones, the beers in the fridge, and the nuts are all over the place.

:D
  • Thanks!

I am honored to join you, I have heard so much about this place...

"It is a dream given form"

And another dream:
    [COLOR=green]GREEN[/COLOR]
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    damit! y am i always away when the newbies come?:mad: ......next time.......next time!

seriously tho, welcome! try not to take anything around here seriously, we dont:D

(well, maybe biggles occasionally;))

and just to clear up a point, [COLOR=purple]PURPLE[/COLOR] is by far the superior colour!
  • Thank you

This seems like such a nice place!

And btw.
    [COLOR=green]GREEN[/COLOR]
    noooooooooooooo! [size=8][B][COLOR=purple]PURPLE!!!!!![/COLOR][/B][/size]
  • Green Leader says Green

[COLOR=green][SIZE=4]GREEN, GREEN, GREEN[/SIZE][/COLOR]
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    Välkommen Ranger 3! :)
    And [COLOR=green]GREEN[/COLOR] is the right colour!!!
  • Tackar!

[B][COLOR=green] [SIZE=4]GREEN[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B] is far superior to [COLOR=purple][SIZE=1]purple[/SIZE][/COLOR]
    Belive that if you will, until experience teaches you otherwise.

[B][size=8][COLOR=purple]PURPLE[/COLOR][/size][/B]
  • We could be at this all day...

I live for the [SIZE=4][COLOR=green]GREEN[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I don't die for the [SIZE=4][COLOR=green]GREEN[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Because of this:

A quote from General Patton:
    "No one ever won a war by dying for his country, he won the war because the other stupid bastard died for his country"

No offence intended

Oh and btw.
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=green]GREEN[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    Another [color=green]G[/color][color=green]r[/color][color=green]e[/color][color=green]e[/color][color=green]n[/color] vs P-u-r-p-l-e thread. Seems we get a lot of those nowadays :D
    well, its not like we've ever got anything better to do.........[COLOR=purple]PURPLE[/COLOR]

[subliminal]PURPLE[/subliminal]
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowDancer [/i]
    [B]well, its not like we've ever got anything better to do.........[COLOR=purple]PURPLE[/COLOR]
    [subliminal]PURPLE[/subliminal] [/B][/QUOTE]

We could... all see the light and accept Green's obvious superiority.
    or we could accept that the [COLOR=purple]PURPLE[/COLOR] is obviously far more evolved in every sense! but then, what would we have to do after that?