Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Great pictures!

2»

Comments

• MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    igg?
  • MartianDustMartianDust Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B]Minor glitch. :)
    No, it doesn't overwrite IE. You won't need IE anymore. Ever. And no it isn't as secure as IE. It's far far far far more secure. [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh ok! Even B/F hadn't heard of it! And he's quite technical minded.
    :)
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    Hadn't heard of Firefox? Sure he must have heard of firebird or Mozilla. Also Opera is good, opera is best. :)
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Well, nows you're chance to show him up by beating him to it then. :D
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Ive renamed all my IE icons 'Idiot Explorer' now:D looks great on the desktop! the ultimate virtual coffee mat;)
  • In retaliation, I'm naming my Firebird and FireFox icons "IdiotBird" and "IdiotFox." Ph33r my cleverness!
  • MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
    [url]http://www.opera.com/[/url]
    my suggestion :)
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowDancer [/i]
    [B]Ive renamed all my IE icons 'Idiot Explorer' now:D looks great on the desktop! the ultimate virtual coffee mat;) [/B][/QUOTE]

Mine are all called "Internet Exploder". I feel it is quite accurate.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    rotfl! all too true my friend, all too true:rolleyes: :D
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    Gotta agree with Mundane on this one. Firefox doesn't handle tabs sufficiently well to my liking.
    It does with the tab browser extensions, and personally I prefer installing an extension (a 5 minute process) to having ads.
    So, you're saying that with the extensions it opens all new windows as a new tab by default? And you can ctrl-tab between them?
    Does for me. The extensions throw in heaps of other options to. You can control which new windows are opened as tabs, eg only those from inside the browser, or only those from external programs, or all, etc - naturally I have mine set on all, if I want a new browser window I'll damn well open one myself. You can manage a group of tabs as a single functional unit, you can rename tabs, auto-reload tabs, all sorts of stuff. I don't know how much of that Opera supports, probably quite a bit since they seem to be at least as forward thinking as Mozilla (unlike IE - about to get popup blocking half way through this year).
    Excellent.

Time to try it out again, then.

Edit: Yikes, that's a lot of extensions! Gotta sift through these....
  • firefox?!?

*Downloads!* :D
    Now using Firefox.

Ahh... now that's much better.

Took a while to decide which extensions to use (result: tabbrowser, all-in-one gestures), and the box that I'm typing this message into is decidedly thinner than it should be, but otherwise, I'm happy.

One thing though: How do I completely disable autocomplete? The last thing I want is a browser that remembers passwords.
    Options->Privacy->Saved Form Info, Saved Passwords

Recommened extensions: Tab Browser Extensions, Tab Browser Preferences (some hidden prefs for the first one), Adblock (powerful image filtering - filter *doubleclick* for example), and Flash-click-to-play (turns every flash animation into a button that you have to click to start the flash, so no more annoying flash ads blinking madly away on a webpage.
    I already have those last two in the form of the Proxomitron; it serves as a local proxy server that edits out offending HTML like pop-ups and banner ads, and flash as well.

What exactly does Tab Browser Preferences add?

Edit: Just one item currently on my wishlist -- I want new tabs opened from links to grab the focus (already found that option), but at the same time I want new tabs opened from the middle button to remain in the background.
    It gives you 4 new preference options, one of which is actually available in the default browser preferences now any way (hide tab bar when only one tab open).

I can't remember if I have mine set up like that at all. I think I might have all my tabs open in the background.
    Fine, if you're not gonna tell me what those prefs [i]are[/i], I'll just have to get it and see for myself.

Bah.

Edit: Hrmm... the extension's page says that it shouldn't be used simultaneously with tabbrowser extensions (the one I currently have installed). Suggestions?
    Not really. I don't even have it installed in firefox. As I recall, those other three preferences weren't that great.
    There we go, then.
  • MartianDustMartianDust Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B]Well, nows you're chance to show him up by beating him to it then. :D [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah I guess! :) Couldn't believe myself that he'd never heard! I thought he knew everything about PC's etc in that line lol! How long as Firebird etc been around? I s'pose he has been out of touch with PC's abit lately.

[QUOTE][B]Originally posted by ShadowDancer
    Ive renamed all my IE icons 'Idiot Explorer' now looks great on the desktop! the ultimate virtual coffee mat [/B][/QUOTE]

LOL! Wicked! I like, I like. ;)
    Firebird, in its many names, has been around a couple of years. Mozilla has been around for more than 5 now (I think).