Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

"permission to reprint specifically denied to SFX Magazine"

Whitestar 15Whitestar 15 Earthforce Officer
Hello all. I keep seeing these messages on JMS updates and I was wondering why specifically SFX? Did they do something wrong in the past or something?

I was just being nosey that's all :D

Comments

• David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    Yes. I believe they quoted him out of context or something and got him in a world of trouble.
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    And I think they criticised the show alot...
  • Alpha-1Alpha-1 Elite Ranger Germany
    yes see [url]http://tinyurl.com/37nxj[/url] for info about the sfx magazine thing
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    interesting. id always wondered about that as well.

i love the jms quote at the bottom there: ". . . SFX is a fairly useless publication on just
    about every imaginable front. Never have so many jumped-up fanboys done so
    little, with so much, for so long.":D
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    I remember all the hoopla concerning the "organizer" at VOR in Pamona.

It makes a lot more sense now than it did then.

:)
    I think I have 1 SFX mag somewhere with Claudia C on the cover... never bought any more.
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Falcon1 [/i]
    [B]I think I have 1 SFX mag somewhere with Claudia C on the cover... never bought any more. [/B][/QUOTE]

I have it just for the cover alone!

She's deadly in leather... whew!

*sizzle*
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JackN [/i]
    [B]I have it just for the cover alone!

She's deadly in leather... whew!

*sizzle* [/B][/QUOTE]

*cough*she did a playboy shoot*cough*
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    i know:D got the pics on my computer!;)
    Yes she did Playboy... when I went to her signing in London a few years ago it was just after the issue had come out, so she had loads of copies being sold for signing purposes. There was a guy in front of me in the queue with an issue. She opened it on one of the full page shots and asked him "do you want me to sign across my boobs?" :eek: I think his reply was a very embarressed 'cough, ahem... yes please' :D :p

Classic! And no I didn't get one, was a bit pricey at £15!!!
  • MartianDustMartianDust Elite Ranger
    Was that a Starfury convention?! I went to one when her and Jason Carter were there. They were such a scream with each other!

Being female even I say she looks sexy in leather! ;)
    No it was a signing a Forbidden Planet in London... Julie Kaitlin Brown aka Na'Toth was there aswell. I have the photo's somewhere...

Yeah I've heard that Jason and her used to go down well at the conventions. I was told by a friend of mine who went to one of the Wolf ones over here that during one of the shows, Claudia was on stage and Jason legged up from the back and pounced on her... supposed to have been hilarious :D
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    [B***eah I've heard that Jason and her used to go down well at the conventions. I was told by a friend of mine who went to one of the Wolf ones over here that during one of the shows, Claudia was on stage and Jason legged up from the back and pounced on her... supposed to have been hilarious :D [/B][/QUOTE]

hahah

I would've loved to have seen her reaction to that. :D
  • MartianDustMartianDust Elite Ranger
    [B]Yeah I've heard that Jason and her used to go down well at the conventions. I was told by a friend of mine who went to one of the Wolf ones over here that during one of the shows, Claudia was on stage and Jason legged up from the back and pounced on her... supposed to have been hilarious :D [/B][/QUOTE]

Lol! Cool! :)
    At the Starfury they were doing like a Riverdance skip and Jason suddenly laid out on the floor and Claudia skipped around him. This was on the last nite (the closing ceremony)on the dance floor before the disco was due to start. Am sure I got a photo somewhere, cept that it wasn't done on my digi camera back then and I don't have a scanner. :)