Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Why did Kosh stop G'kar?(dust2dust)

rikuriku Earthforce Officer
i really liked that scene that kosh projected himself as g'kar's father, but the real question is why?

i have a few theories but i'm not sure... what do you think?

Comments

• BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Possibly because they both still had parts to play? That would be my guess without really thinking about it.
  • Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
    well start thinking and let us know! :D
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    i can hear the wheels grinding themselves to [I]dust[/I] already:D
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    at this point i could suggest that sinclair/valen could mentioned to kosh about the importance of G'Kar and Londo, but personally i dont really think thats the reason.

we know that the vorlons are telepathic, so my guess is that kosh had seen into G'kar's mind and that hed seen G'kar's potential as a person and how he could be a valuable asset to the coming war
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    I believe he truly wanted to enlighten G'Kar.
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    I'm with ShadowDancer on this. Kosh knew what was going to happen in the future and didn't want it all to end just because G'Kar decided to get some revenge on Londo.
  • MartianDustMartianDust Elite Ranger
    Re: Why did Kosh stop G'kar?(dust2dust)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by riku [/i]
    [B]i really liked that scene that kosh projected himself as g'kar's father, but the real question is why?

i have a few theories but i'm not sure... what do you think? [/B][/QUOTE]

I didn't even know it was supposed to be G'kar's father! Gosh shows how much I know lol! I thought Kosh represented himself as everybodies own image of God. And thought thats what G'Kar saw!
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Vorlons can project themselves as anyone they want I think.
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    Also, as long as Londo was the shadow's contact, Kosh could observe them. If Londo was killed, and the shadows had taken refa on Centauri Prime as their contact, he would have been out of his grasp.
  • G'Kar has an overwhelming wish for revenge.

He wants revenge. Want.
    What do you want?

Wrong question.

So, I agree somewhat with Messiah's interpretation.
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    Re: Re: Why did Kosh stop G'kar?(dust2dust)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by MartianDust [/i]
    [B]I didn't even know it was supposed to be G'kar's father! Gosh shows how much I know lol! I thought Kosh represented himself as everybodies own image of God. [/B][/QUOTE]

Actually later in the series, Kosh presents himself to Sheriden as his father.
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    Re: Re: Why did Kosh stop G'kar?(dust2dust)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by MartianDust [/i]
    [B]I didn't even know it was supposed to be G'kar's father! Gosh shows how much I know lol! I thought Kosh represented himself as everybodies own image of God. And thought thats what G'Kar saw! [/B][/QUOTE]

riku's talking about the dream-sequence in dust to dust.
    In The Fall of Night, everybody percieves kosh as angelic beeing from their religion when he flies off and saves sheridan.
  • Well in Dust to Dust, G'kar first see's Kosh representing his father hanging from the tree, but after Kosh's little speech he does turn into an angelic figure similiar to what we see in Fall of Night.
  • IndieIndie Moderator
    I always though Kosh did it like that to make it seem like G'Kar's dead father had come to talk with G'Kar as an angel - or as Narn equivalent of angels.
  • MartianDustMartianDust Elite Ranger
    Re: Re: Re: Why did Kosh stop G'kar?(dust2dust)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Freejack [/i]
    [B]Actually later in the series, Kosh presents himself to Sheriden as his father. [/B][/QUOTE]

Ah I'd forgotten about that ep! That was good, that one. :)

[QUOTE][B]riku's talking about the dream-sequence in dust to dust. In The Fall of Night, everybody percieves kosh as angelic beeing from their religion when he flies off and saves sheridan.[/B][/QUOTE]

This is what I was thinking of. Another great ep and a surprising one for the first timer.
  • whitestar90whitestar90 Elite Ranger
    Yeh, Kosh portrays himself as G'Kars father to get the message across that some have to sacrificed if all are to be saved.Seeing his father would make a better impression on his mind.Then Kosh changed into G'Lan to show G'Kar that this was a vision and not just some hallucination.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    I believe Kosh showed himself as the father of those he wanted to enlighten. Not as a god, because enlightenment is seeing beyond. Enlightenment cannot be achieved through another. But as a father, as a guide on the path before them.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowDancer [/i]
    [B]... we know that the vorlons are telepathic, so my guess is that kosh had seen into G'kar's mind and that hed seen G'kar's potential as a person and how he could be a valuable asset to the coming war [/B][/QUOTE]

That's how I understood it to be too. He saw an easy chance to "convert" K'Gar by simply letting G'Kar believe he'd been touched by God. Kosh knew that K'Gar was central now to the Narn due to the loss of the Ka'ree (sic?) ... so if he could be converted, all being well, the Narn nation would follow.

I was really shocked at that episode when I saw it on DVD - I hadn't seen it before. I could not believe how sneaky Kosh had been!