Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

FarCry Demo is out...

2»

Comments

• if it is an ATI card, like a 9700/9800/9500/9600 series, use the 3.9 drivers. that has helped ALOT of people.

though even I only get 40 FPS on a radeon 9800 Pro, while others with almost the exact same specs get over 100....
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    Its an nVIDIA Geforce 3.

Worf
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by WORF [/i]
    [B]nVIDIA[/B][/QUOTE]
    That explains it. :D

[QUOTE]You will be alone in the full game. that guy helping you is just for the demo, so you know what your supposed to do.[/quote]
    Thank God... I REALLY REALLY hated how the guy magically opened that door for you.

[quote]The AI for some is great, and horrible for others. myelf, once the AI spotted me, if I wasn't in full cover, 2-3 shots = DEAD...meaning bye bye me. I HAD to be careful, run and gunning was suicide.[/quote]
    Yeah, your health is a lot lower than in most games, I liked that... but they didn't often get off 2-3 shots before my kamikaze rush had completely obliterated them. :p

[quote]I've also noticed some other bad stuff...BAD FPS for some people, and people with a simuler rig get 100+[/quote]

I can't even access a console for some reason, so I don't know my FPS... it was decent for most of the game, and literally about 1 frame per 10 seconds during the end cinematic. Dunno why.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    I was getting freaking playable FPS (40+) on my 2200+ 1 gb ram system with an onboard GF4MX. Here's my interesting thought, though:
    I assigned 300 mb of memory to the Geforce 4. It ran really nicely at 1024x768
  • tild key should bring it down, then type

\r_displayinfo 1 to show FPS info.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by A2597 [/i]
    [B]tild key should bring it down, then type

\r_displayinfo 1 to show FPS info. [/B][/QUOTE]

Tilda was working for me... that's what I meant when I said I couldn't access the console. :p
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    It's tilde!
  • Yeah, yeah, yeah... Counter-Strike has corrupted me. :D
  • tilde....got it. :)

CS....*Shivers*