Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

B5 vs SW

While I'm currently rewatching B5 I can't help but wish it had made it to the big screen. There are some serious battles of combat which is 10x better than Star Wars. Let alone the story arc! And I wonder why SW is still so popular really. I liked the 1st 3 all those yrs ago but the new ones now??! I wish George Lucas took a leaf out of JMS's book. George doesn't deserve the credit im my opionion. Its like everyone loves anything he does because of the success earlier.

Which begs the question - D'you think JMS should've chose the path of the movies for B5? Am just wondering whether this would've got more recognition? At least "The Beginning" would've been great whether anyone had seen the series or not.
JMS still deserves B5 on the big screen IMO. :)

Comments

• BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    He's always said he wants to do a feature film about the Telepath War, and there is much speculation that the coming announcement is going to be that. Of course, there's also much speculation it will be other things, too. :D
  • MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
    we love to speculate :)
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    Yeah, we haven't been doing much else then speculate since ITF cancelation. :)
  • E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mundane [/i]
    [B]we love to speculate :) [/B][/QUOTE]
    Yeah, that's what keeps us going.;)
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    I still think the Battle of Endor in Return of the Jedi is the most impressive space battle I have ever seen in a movie.

Why?

Because of how big the battle is and it was made long before computers were used for effects.

Worf
  • Data CrystalData Crystal Pencil Artist
    And I think that The Battle Of Endor in Roque Leader I for GameCube is the most impressive space combat scene in any game ever, on any platforn. 100 High-poly ships on screen without any gimmicks and at a steady 60 frames per second.

:D
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mundane [/i]
    [B]we love to speculate :) [/B][/QUOTE]

We have had over 4 years of practice. :D
  • Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
    I bet it is just a trilogy of books or something along those line.

maybe a series of books finishing crusade?
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    JMS said it wasn't a printed project.

Worf
  • MartianDustMartianDust Elite Ranger
    Are half of you Minbari?! Never known such optimists and faith going on. Such speculation. Am impressed hehe :)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B]He's always said he wants to do a feature film about the Telepath War, and there is much speculation that the coming announcement is going to be that. Of course, there's also much speculation it will be other things, too. :D [/B][/QUOTE]

Wow I'll be dancing round the room if this happens! Also I think he could do something before Humans existed like when the first ones were the only ones. Loads of avenues you can take with B5 really. :)
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by WORF [/i]
    [B]I still think the Battle of Endor in Return of the Jedi is the most impressive space battle I have ever seen in a movie.

Why?

Because of how big the battle is and it was made long before computers were used for effects.

Worf [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh I agree with you there. Don't get me wrong the earlier films were the best especially for their time which makes it worse to me that the later ones 10yrs later or however long are for me not that special. Darth Maul was ok! Cept he got cut in half!
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by MartianDust [/i]
    [B]Are half of you Minbari?! Never known such optimists and faith going on. Such speculation. Am impressed hehe :)[/B][/QUOTE]

Considering the site's [url=http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/jlbiggs/firstoneshistory.html]history[/url], you would think we'd all be bitter and cynical. I guess we all believe more in "Faith manages" than cynicism. :D
  • E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
    [B]Considering the site's [url=http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/jlbiggs/firstoneshistory.html]history[/url], you would think we'd all be bitter and cynical. I guess we all believe more in "Faith manages" than cynicism. :D [/B][/QUOTE]
    Isn't it that hope is (almost) all we have left?;)
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by WORF [/i]
    [B]I still think the Battle of Endor in Return of the Jedi is the most impressive space battle I have ever seen in a movie.

Why?

Worf [/B][/QUOTE]

It certainly ranks as one of the best in my books, although the Firstones/young ones mele with the Shadows and Vorlons at Corianna 6 with the Eagle nebula (from hubble by the way) in season 4 for Bab5 is right up there with it... TV or not... oh my! ;)
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Some of the battle scenes in ITB were amazing... wish I could have seen them on the big screen. I remember when it came out they held a premier for it in London, Bruce and Jerry went to it. I was offered a ticket by a friend but I was going back home! :mad: Oh well, when I make my first $m and build my own cinema.... :rolleyes:

Oh and lets not forget Thirdspace.... some of the sequences were breath taking... only to be spoiled by that darn jetpack scene! :confused: :p
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Oh btw I emailed JMS over the weekend on another matter and added at the end ps. 'Hope the new project is coming along nicely'.... he replied to my email but didn't comment on that. So its probably still at the stage where he can't say anything.
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Falcon1 [/i]
    [B]Oh btw I emailed JMS over the weekend on another matter and added at the end ps. 'Hope the new project is coming along nicely'.... he replied to my email but didn't comment on that. So its probably still at the stage where he can't say anything. [/B][/QUOTE]
    no news are good news ;)
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Falcon1 [/i]
    [B]Oh btw I emailed JMS over the weekend on another matter and added at the end ps. 'Hope the new project is coming along nicely'.... he replied to my email but didn't comment on that. So its probably still at the stage where he can't say anything. [/B][/QUOTE]

Least you got a reply! :)
    [B]Considering the site's [url=http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/jlbiggs/firstoneshistory.html]history[/url], you would think we'd all be bitter and cynical. I guess we all believe more in "Faith manages" than cynicism. :D [/B][/QUOTE]

Well I'm more of an optimist myself! Thanks for the link, am looking now lol. D'you have a page relating to good things that have happened? There must be some!!

Falcon1 - If only I could step in a time machine! Can't believe ITB was shown at a cinema! Very cool! Did they have it on a cinema film reel? Reason for asking is that it might still be obtainable if it is. Sorry you missed out tho'. What a bummer!

I never knew of B5 at the time it was probably shown then. Think I got into it just before they showed season 5 here. And I still not seen the last two eps lol. Couldn't bring myself to, how sad?! ;)My excuse is that I watched nearly all eps in 2 months and I wanted to enjoy it for yrs before seeing the end. I do know most of what happens though. That was abit unavoidable!

:alien: