Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

B5 quests

Hi am new here though I've been a fan of B5 for a few yrs now.
Am currently rewatching all seasons and trying to catch up on all the latest developments from JMS. So perhaps you could help me out? :)

I've been looking for B5 game but assume from here that it is definitely cancelled?! Or are there any other games? I would so love to see and play a B5 game specially on the Xbox! ;)

Also is there a possibility of a new show from JMS? And was Legend of the Rangers really the pilot for it?

Lastly if you're not bored by now.......I used to be on a JMS list where he used to reply ppls quests quite often. But this list doesn't seem to be around anymore. It was [email]b5jms-owner@cs.columbia.edu[/email]
Is there another one I can join? I know when I was on it they were talking about closing it down but then they decided to keep it abit longer. It was great to keep up to date specially hearing from the great man himself.
He is my hero when it comes to writing! :)

Ok enough said.... I'd be really grateful if anyone here can help.
Thanks
Marisa

Comments

• Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jmsnews.com might have some stuff to help you with.

is [email]jmsatb5@aol.com[/email] still up anyone know?
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Unfortunately, the game Babylon 5: Into the Fire was never completed. You can read a large part of the story [url=http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/jlbiggs/firstoneshistory.html]here[/url].

There are a large number of mods available for many other games, many of which are complete and quite playable. There is a list in the menu bar on the left of the main page. There is also a freeware project not based on any other game that recently produced an absolutely amazing prequel to their planned campaign. You can find it at the Babylon 5: I've Found Her [url=http://ifh.firstones.com/]homepage[/url] on this site.

Legend of the Rangers was supposed to be the pilot for a new B5-based show, but it never got high enough ratings (thanks to the usual B5 curse). There is great expectation of a new announcement from jms soon, though. He has said that some time after the 15th he will announce a new B5 project.

Finally, as RT said, jmsnews.com is probably the best place to catch up on everything jms has said in the newsgroups. He is still very active and always replying to fan questions. All you need is a newsgroup browser (most email clients will do the job) to join in. And if he's really your hero at writing, I highly highly recommend you check out [url=http://www.jeremiah.tv/]Jeremiah[/url], his most recent project in television. It's as good as B5 ever was. Like B5, you need to watch it in order from the beginning.
  • MartianDustMartianDust Elite Ranger
    Thanks guys!

Firstly to RT, whats wrong with a girl? lol! Are they're not many women here? Speak up! ;)

Thanks for the info.......I checked out Jeremiah. Names sounded familliar, but that was about it. I didn't even know JMS had written some of the eps. Thats how behind I am! Shame on me I guess.
    Is this series in UK? Obviously I'd rather catch it from the beginning. Find it hard to believe its as good as B5 but not impossible

I saw Legend of rangers and have to confess I wasn't overly impressed by it. And as someone commented somewhere here "I live for the one, die for the one" was definitely overdone!
    I've yet to see Crusade which I'll have to get on DVD sometime in the future. But then I have to ask the question is it worth it?

Anyone remember a series which was talked about between JMS and Chris Cartor (creator of X-files). That was something like World on Fire?! It sounded really good as I like CC as well but nothing happened. I couldn't understand why Fox didn't give either of them a go ahead since both their series was very successful. They are both great writers in their own way. And for them to team up would've been..well words cannot say hehe. :)

I'll check out the jmsnews.com thanks! And am checking out the games links. Still wish it had been a success.

Well I got my fingers crossed for what JMS said about a B5 project.
    Hope to hear something soon.
    Thanks
    Marisa :)
    As far as we can tell, most women who come here (and there haven't been many who have revealed themselves) get scared off fairly quickly. :D
  • Captain,SimmondsCaptain,Simmonds Trainee trainee
    That can be pinned on Refa and Exile:D
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B]As far as we can tell, most women who come here (and there haven't been many who have revealed themselves) get scared off fairly quickly. :D [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh well that won't be me then lol I like a challenge! Just makes me want to stay that bit longer. ;)
    Then again whose to say I'm not really a man?!
  • Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
    they come and go, them women folk. :D
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by MartianDust [/i]
    [B]Oh well that won't be me then lol I like a challenge! Just makes me want to stay that bit longer. ;)
    Then again whose to say I'm not really a man?! [/B][/QUOTE]

Nothing, but for all I know most of the people here could be women claiming to be men. It never really occured to me, or bothered me. :)
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    Re: B5 quests

[B]I've been looking for B5 game but assume from here that it is definitely cancelled?! Or are there any other games? I would so love to see and play a B5 game specially on the Xbox! ;)[/B][/QUOTE]

[i]Definitely[/i] check out [url="http://ifh.firstones.com/"]I've Found Her[/url], which is a freeware space combat sim based on B5. It's not officially licensed, but it sure is polished, and a lot more impressive than a lot of commercial games out there.

[QUOTE][B]Lastly if you're not bored by now.......I used to be on a JMS list where he used to reply ppls quests quite often. But this list doesn't seem to be around anymore.[/B][/QUOTE]

It's still around; you can find it [url="http://www1.cs.columbia.edu/~ezk/b5jms/"]here[/url].

Personally, I think that's a much better resource than [url="http://www.jmsnews.com/"]jmsnews[/url], because the B5JMS list actually sends you the posts that he's responding to rather than just giving his responses. Additionally, the posts show up in your inbox, so you don't have to check the page each day.

But that's just my opinion.

[QUOTE][B]Anyone remember a series which was talked about between JMS and Chris Cartor (creator of X-files). That was something like World on Fire?![/B][/QUOTE]

I can't quite remember why Fox decided not to go ahead with that series; it might have had something to do with CC's failed series attempt (I've forgotten the name, but it was his next concept after the absolutely brilliant [i]Millennium[/i]).

The show itself was going to be about how the world got plunged into the next big war... beginning with a terrorist attack on New York City. Since a lot of that has actually come to pass now, JMS has said that the chances of the series ever coming to television are pretty much gone.
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    [B]As far as we can tell, most women who come here (and there haven't been many who have revealed themselves) get scared off fairly quickly. :D [/B][/QUOTE]
    Although Phi has been around for some time now. :)
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rogue Trader [/i]
    [B]AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [/B][/QUOTE]

You need to get out more often....I mean, Biggles lives in a nutrient tank and acts more civilized.... :D

Welcome to Firstones, the beers in the fridge and the nuts are all over the place.
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Captain,Simmonds [/i]
    [B]That can be pinned on Refa and Exile:D [/B][/QUOTE]

I resent that. I'm actually quite sweet and innocent if you look past the homicidal rage and slightly psychotic episodes.
  • E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by A2597 [/i]
    [B]Welcome to Firstones, the beers in the fridge and the nuts are all over the place. [/B][/QUOTE]
    :noidea:

Welcome also from me!

Don't believe this::rolleyes::D
    [url]http://forums.firstones.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4709[/url]
    Re: Re: B5 quests

Thanks for the welcome guys. And errm girls?! lol. I feel quite at home now!
    As for the pancake pic, awww how sweet? You're bunnys got series dress code I see. Did it taste sweet afterwards?! The pancake that is! ;) I've never come across a bunny flavoured pancake before! :D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Bekenn [/i]
    [B][i]Definitely[/i] check out [url="http://ifh.firstones.com/"]I've Found Her[/url], which is a freeware space combat sim based on B5. It's not officially licensed, but it sure is polished, and a lot more impressive than a lot of commercial games out there.
    [/B][/QUOTE]

I did check this out last night and I started dloading the Euro one but it was taking forever, only did 16%. Tonight I tried the US mirror 1 and its telling me it could be corrupt or virus. So not sure, still looking now.

Thanks for the jms page. Will sign to that! :)

[QUOTE][B]I can't quite remember why Fox decided not to go ahead with that series; it might have had something to do with CC's failed series attempt (I've forgotten the name, but it was his next concept after the absolutely brilliant [i]Millennium[/i]).
    [/B][/QUOTE]

Hmm I don't know of any other shows attempted or otherwise. I watched a few Milleniums but got fed up. That reminds me of another prog - Space above and beyond. His other writers produced it. This was good but got cancelled after the first series.
    Anyone remember?

[QUOTE][B]The show itself was going to be about how the world got plunged into the next big war... beginning with a terrorist attack on New York City. Since a lot of that has actually come to pass now, JMS has said that the chances of the series ever coming to television are pretty much gone.[/B][/QUOTE]

Didn't have something to do with a plague as well? And the few survivors remaining? Funny.........I'd be scared if I'd written about something that unfortunately came true.

Thanks for all your help. :)
    Marisa :alien:
    Re: Re: Re: B5 quests

[B]Hmm I don't know of any other shows attempted or otherwise. I watched a few Milleniums but got fed up. That reminds me of another prog - Space above and beyond. His other writers produced it. This was good but got cancelled after the first series.
    Anyone remember? [/b][/quote]

Do we remember! That show is great. Talk to Sanfam, he's the biggest fan of all.

[quote][b]Didn't have something to do with a plague as well? And the few survivors remaining? Funny.........I'd be scared if I'd written about something that unfortunately came true. [/b][/quote]

You might be thinking of Jeremiah there. That one is based around a plague.[/B][/QUOTE]
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    Re: Re: Re: Re: B5 quests

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i][B]Do we remember! That show is great. Talk to Sanfam, he's the biggest fan of all.[/B][/QUOTE]

...of S:AAB ? Says who?

I am likely a bigger fan, especially towards the end when character development was coming along nicely!

as for Millenium, soon as the main character's wife is killed off, I dumped it...
    was fun before that...

;)
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: B5 quests

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JackN [/i]
    [B]as for Millenium, soon as the main character's wife is killed off, I dumped it...
    was fun before that...

;) [/B][/QUOTE]

But, you gotta admit, the actual ep where she died and the eps leading up to it were some of the absolute best hours television has ever known. I remember that after that ep I just kinda sat there for a while; a couple hours later, I went up to my room and just tried to write down all I could remember of how the ep ended.

I don't suppose the series is out on DVD....
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    They finished the story of Millenium in the X-Files. At least I'm assuming they did, I havn't seen Millenium before.

Worf
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Worf, yep they finished off the Millenium arch in the X-Files... they did it quite well actually and it was nice to see Lance Henrikson alongside Mulder and Scully. I initially liked the show but got very bored with it... man did it get depressing after a while, each week there was just one sick murder after another. Bit too dark for me.

SAAB was cool, shame it got killed as it had huge potential.

Martian Dust, if you like JMS you might want to check out Jeremiah, another american tv series. Season 1 was on Sky over here, will be a while before season 2 gets across the water. Unfortunatley JMS has left the show due to a big fall out with MGM. Shame really as its started getting good (has Luke Perry in it and Sean Astin from Lord of the Rings).

Btw anyone seen much of Josh Whedon's Firefly? Its not bad actually. Very different from the usual sci fi style. Need to watch a few mor eps before making my mnd up.
    Jeremiah started to get good? It was great right from the start!
  • Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: B5 quests

[B]...of S:AAB ? Says who?

I am likely a bigger fan, especially towards the end when character development was coming along nicely!

as for Millenium, soon as the main character's wife is killed off, I dumped it...
    was fun before that...

;) [/B][/QUOTE]

did YOU download a 6 GB file with every ep in it?

hehehe
    It's 8GB, not 6. Unless you got a low-quality version, which would have been silly. :)
    Biggles... first few eps (like any series) were a bit iffy but it has since found its stride. You gonna stick with it for season 3? Suppose MGM is gonna add space aliens once they start off on the next season ;)

But one thing bugs me... that theme tune for season 2. Its the same style as Enterprise... like those 'Real American Hero's' Budweiser adverts. Its cheesey as hell but at the same time, annoyingly addictive and before you know it your tapping your fingers and singing along... aaaaaaaaaah!!! :D
    The pilot was great, the next couple were a little iffy, but it picked right back up again in no time. :)

Got to agree on the 2nd season theme. :) I much preferred the 1st season one.

I'll probably see what it's like in season 3, but I suspect it will start going bad quite quickly and if it does, I'll stop.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.

was fun before that...

;) [/B][/QUOTE]

[b]*Slaps Jack with a leather glove*[/b]

I challenge you to a duel!

I demand recognition!
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    [B]It's 8GB, not 6. Unless you got a low-quality version, which would have been silly. :) [/B][/QUOTE]
    8.4, I think it was :-)
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Falcon1 [/i]
    [B]
    Martian Dust, if you like JMS you might want to check out Jeremiah, another american tv series. Season 1 was on Sky over here, will be a while before season 2 gets across the water. Unfortunatley JMS has left the show due to a big fall out with MGM. Shame really as its started getting good (has Luke Perry in it and Sean Astin from Lord of the Rings).

Btw anyone seen much of Josh Whedon's Firefly? Its not bad actually. Very different from the usual sci fi style. Need to watch a few mor eps before making my mnd up. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah someone else mentioned and kindly gave me a link. Pity I missed season 1. Wonder if they'll ever show it on Terrestrial? Just not sure its worth buying on dvd. But then don't know if I'd be able to get into season 2.

Has that started here in UK? I don't mind him either. I loved all the Buffys. :)

As for X-files I loved that show but never saw the end as by season 7 or I should say after the Movie it just went downhill IMO. So thats news to me that they did a cross over with Millenium. I do intend on watching the last 2 seasons sometime.

:alien:

[/B][/QUOTE]

I thought Kristen Cloke was an amazing actress. I not seen her in anything else I don't think. I'll have to see this series again as its ages ago! :)
    Firefly was sadly cancelled midway through season 1. It was shaping up to be an excellent show, and I loved the way they actually paid attention to the "no sound in space" rule; all space CGI had no sound effects.
    It really annoys me when good shows get cancelled without a chance to grow, especially when trash like Andromeda is allowed to stay in production. God I hate that thing, such a waste of space and the acting is so bad.