Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

B5 DVD question

I've tried looking through old posts to see if this was addressed before, but I couldn't find anything... Does anyone know why they puta full frame version of The Gathering on the DVD instead of the wide screen one? I thought I had heard that the pilot actually shot in 4:3, but they aired it in wide screen on SciFi. Or did they just crop it to make it look like wide screen when they aired it on Sci-Fi (the way they did with seasons 2 & 3 the first time they aired them on Sci-Fi)?

Comments

• David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    They cropped. So you'd miss stuff if they showed the widescreen version. And that would be a load of... crop.

[This message has been edited by David of Mac (edited 12-11-2001).]
  • Thanks! That's what I figured, but I didn't have the time to dig out both versions and compare them to be sure.

Y'know, if any series could benefit from audio commentaries on episodes it's B5. JMS has always had a LOT to say on every aspect of the series - although I don't know if he'd be up for watching all 110 episodes + movies again in order to commentaries!
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    The Gathering was shot before a series was definite, so the budget didn't allow for things like widescreen.

------------------
    [b][url="http://www.minbari.co.uk/log12.2263/"]Required reading[/url][/b]
    Never eat anything bigger than your own head.
    The Balance provides. The Balance protects.

"Nonono...Is not [i]Great[/i] Machine. Is...[i]Not[/i]-so-Great Machine. It make good snow cone though." - Zathras