Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Season 4 DVD has arrived!

Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
Had a nice surprise package waiting for me on my return to the UK this morning... yep Season 4 of B5 on dvd!!!!!! :) Didn't expect to get it so soon esp as Play.com listed it for relase 1st week of January (well its pretty close now).

Anyway mini review...

The box artwork is again stunning, really like this one. The booklet is nice too. When I opened it I found disc 4 to be loose but thankfully it was not scratched. You may want to watch out for it though. I haven't had a chance to check the extras apart from the intro piece which is short but forms a good intro to the season. There is a gag reel which I assume is in the same general location as previous ones but haven't looked yet. The animated menu has a longer loop sequence than previous, i.e. the music plays for a good bit longer before starting again. One odd thing was a bunch of comets/meteors swooooshing past the station in the background towards the end of the sequence. Kinda feels out of place a bit. Think they were going for a 'wow' factor there. Yet again we have the character morphing... not my favourite imo... there's a hilarious bit where Ivanova has a bit of stubble before she morphs into Marcus Cole! :D Sound wise it great to hear the seasons intro music in surround sound, been waiting for that for a while, and its worth it!

So all in all a thumbs up so far after a very brief inspection of the boxset.

And the other cool thing is I have 5 days off before going back to work, so looks like some B5 viewing is in order!!! Wooohooo!!! :p :D

Btw hope everyone had a great Christmas and all the best for the New Year :)

Comments

• E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
    Re: Season 4 DVD has arrived!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Falcon1 [/i]
    [B]When I opened it I found disc 4 to be loose but thankfully it was not scratched.[/B][/QUOTE]
    Is disc retainer mechanism same kind of pos. like in season three?
    [url]http://forums.firstones.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5405[/url]
    Or is it same kind like in season 1 and 2 which doesn't scratch discs so easily if disc falls loose?
  • LorienLorien The First One
    amazon too

just got notice from amazon US that it shipped today:)

talk about GREAT TIMING!

happy new year all.:)
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Well shit. I new I should have preordered it. :) Guess I'll go order it now.
    of course you should. no reason why not to be honest. i have pre-ordered my ones the day they had it listed. price doesnt change at all from pre-order to release anyway ..

maybe they ran out of copies though.. so you better get going heheh .. just kidding:)
    I'm not sure why I didn't, actually. Usually I do. I guess I was just lazy. :)
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lorien [/i]
    [B]of course you should. no reason why not to be honest. i have pre-ordered my ones the day they had it listed...[/B][/QUOTE]

Does this mean... ? :p

heh heh
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    Did you have to pick it up from the post office?

When I ordered Season 3 from playusa.com they sent it to a not so nearby post office and wanted an extra £12 customs fee...hand delivered before they would give me the dvds.

Worf
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Worf... yep I ordered mine from PlayUSA, was posted through my letter box, nothing about customs. Fingers crossed I don't get stuck with anything from them. I hear its a case of sometimes you get away with it, sometimes you don't.

E.T. I think the mechanism is pretty much the same as season 3's one.

Just an update on the extras. The "No Surrender No Retreat Suite" combilation by Chris Franke is amazing!!!!!!!!! Its about 6.50mins+ long and its superb. Have been listening to it no stop. I won't say any more about it or how its presented on the dvd, leave it as a nice surprise :) (some pieces are just beautiful!!) Chris Franke rocks!!!!!!!!!! :cool:
    hehe jack:)

hmmm
    /me thinking
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    Its nice to see the region 2 release date is at the end of march, 4 months to go.

Worf
  • E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by WORF [/i]
    [B]Its nice to see the region 2 release date is at the end of march, 4 months to go.[/B][/QUOTE]
    They better use this delay to design good disc retainer instead of this current pos.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by WORF [/i]
    [B]Its nice to see the region 2 release date is at the end of march, 4 months to go.

Worf [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes. 4 months, sometimes known as 3. :)
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lorien [/i]
    [B]hehe jack:)

hmmm
    /me thinking [/B][/QUOTE]

... about my shipping address?

:p :D