Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Question about certain music theme

rikuriku Earthforce Officer
first, I'm watched until episode 10 of crusade, and i must say that it's pretty good! not as good as b5 of course, but I judged it from the first episode, which indeed was BAD.

at first i really didn't like the whole technomages idea, but as someone said here before their plot is far more deep then i think.

so 2 questions about them:
1.they LOOK 100% human, why? are they some kind of offshoot that left earth thousands years ago or something? :)

2. in episode 9 i think, on Galen's back, there were metals, was that the actual technology that is on every technomage?

ok now on the topic... I;m looking for the name of the dramatic soundtrack, that was alot since season2... usually when they discover new things... do you know it?

I'll now try to dig up and cut a scene where it is shown... thanks!

-riku

Comments

• rikuriku Earthforce Officer
    here for example-
    [URL=http://slylendro.3d-life.com/riku/lor_sound1.avi]http://slylendro.3d-life.com/riku/lor_sound1.avi[/URL]

it was necessary to decrease the quality so it can be a low file size... .SORRY :(
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    1) Think of technomages like the shadow version of a telepath. There are centaury mages, human mages, etc.

2) Without reading the technomage trillagy, I would assume so.
  • OK, I guess this can pass as non spoiler...

the mages sorta "merge" with the tech, to become one with it. so the metal plates are part of the tech, and so yes, every mage has those plates
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by croxis [/i]
    [B]1) Think of technomages like the shadow version of a telepath. There are centaury mages, human mages, etc.
    [/B][/QUOTE]

how do you know that? :rolleyes:
    is there an explanation in the last 3 crusade episodes?

-riku
  • Mr. FuryMr. Fury Earthforce Officer
    I don't want to spoil those who do not want to be spoiled so follow this [URL=http://mbnet.fi/~fury/technomages.txt]link[/URL] to know more about technomages.

(This board needs spoiler tag...)

And yes, the metal looking stuff on Galen you saw in one of the Crusade eps is the tech they use to create magic-like effects. All mages have those. And indeed, the mages can be of any race. More in the technomage trilogy.
  • CurZCurZ Resident Hippy
    The technomage trilogy is very much worth getting if you want to know more about them. It's my favorite among the B5 books.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by riku [/i]
    [B]how do you know that? :rolleyes:
    is there an explanation in the last 3 crusade episodes?

-riku [/B][/QUOTE]

You really need to read the Technomage trilogy. It will answer all your questions.
  • technomage trilagy = good

must read that is. :)

Still hunting down the telepath trilagy...
    thanks for replying!
    i didn't read a book for about 5 years...
    2 reasons

books dont much talk to me... dunno i'm not a person that likes to read

since i'm in israel most of the books are translated, and i dont like reading translated books since you can't truely know the real meaning of a certain word, especially not israeli translators..

as you can see my english isn't a first language therfore it blowz :)

but in a second thought i really like to read this one!
    someone has a link where can i order it?

[spamming time over]

edit: IMPORTANT-
    was the book written by JMS directly?
    if not that sux =[

-riku
  • bobobobo (A monkey)
    sanfam, got a Amazon link that will earn FO some $$$?
    The book was approved by jms
    And don't trash it because someoen elsewrote it
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    The trilogy was based on an outline from JMS; meaning, JMS came up with the basic story elements, and then the author (Jeanne Cavelos, in this case) did the actual writing. It's JMS's way of letting other authors play around in his universe while still retaining value as part of the B5 canon; thus, as far as the B5 universe is concerned, these books "happened." Same goes for the Psi Corps trilogy (by J. Gregory Keyes), the Centauri Prime trilogy (by Peter David), [i]The Shadow Within[/i] (also by Jeanne Cavelos), and [i]To Dream in the City of Sorrows[/i] (by Kathryn Drennan, who also happens to be JMS's wife). Any other B5 books you may find are generally not trusted as canon sources.
  • Whitestar 15Whitestar 15 Earthforce Officer
    I actually didn't like any of the other books. I thought "To Dream..." was excellent - it was good to see the development of the WhiteStar- and the same for "The Shadow Within" and the trilogies were particularly excellent (The Centauri one was my favourite) but I was not keen at all on the others.

They seemed to contradict themselves quite often. Also I thought they were a bit thin compared to other books and, well, they seemed a bit...erm...easy to read, I guess...for me anyway...I don't mean that in a big headed way either lol.
    Right; that's why we stick to the books I mentioned in my last post.
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    Woooo!! I ordered Centauri trilogy and Psi corps trilogy yesterday, now the waiting damn waiting is left.
  • Whitestar 15Whitestar 15 Earthforce Officer
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Bekenn [/i]
    [B]Right; that's why we stick to the books I mentioned in my last post. [/B][/QUOTE]

I was only saying...sorry...
    Eh?

Did I misunderstand something here?

Apologies if so.
    hmm wait so you say the techno-mage books are good or not?

Zathras being confoosed. bye. :p
    -riku
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Good: Psicorp Trilogy, Centauri Trilogy, Technomage Trilogy, The Shadow Within and To Dream in the City of Sorrows.

Avoid the rest.
    i guess that's old news but for those who dont know i found a site while searching for the crusade scripts and seems like jms writes there alot

[url]http://lists.cs.columbia.edu/pipermail/b5jms/[/url]
    That's a mailing list that sends out mail any time JMS replies to or starts a topic in the B5 newsgroup; it includes all of his posts there over the last... ten years? More? Something like that. It's a [i]huge[/i] archive....
    [url]www.jmsnews.com[/url] ?
    Same thing, only not a mailing list, and it doesn't include the message that JMS is responding to. Therefore, inferior.
    ok i need another music theme but can't seem to find it anywhere, what is it's name?
    i tried "Secrets of the Soul" but i couldn't find any theme for that made by chris franke...

anyone knows how it's called?

here's a cut of the part, bad quality, yes.
    [url]http://slylendro.3d-life.com/riku/musicpart.avi[/url]

i need this specific background music to a small project i'm planning on doing(regards Star control).

tenkiu :)
    -riku
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Well, I'd imagine it wasn't released. The score seems to be rather neat, too!