Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

season 5 dcover and specials

Alpha-1Alpha-1 Elite RangerGermany
check the newspage ( [url]www.firstones.com[/url] )

Comments

• BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    [quote][b]Additional and Extended Scenes[/b][/quote]

Woohoo!
  • Data CrystalData Crystal Pencil Artist
    Aahh... still waiting on Season 3.

Note to myself: Place order. :D

Wheel Of Fire? My God, I had forgotten that completely. Was it really Wheel Of Fire? xD

You know, whenever I heard that term back in the day B5 was still on the air I couldn't help myself from thinking about 'Absolutely Fabulous' and the theme song...

'Wheels Of Fire... Rooooolling down the road... blahblahblahblahsomething Explode!".

My memory is great, although a tad short. :D Wait... there was some mention to this direction in the B5 Security material. I seem to remember that episodes of the old Earth 'teevee' show Absolutely Fabulous were banned because they were considered offensive by all sentient beings. Need to check on this.
    Gotcha: From the Babylon 5 Security Manual:

[b]Prohibited Goods[/b]

Certain Old Calendar "TeeVee" programmes (Including The X-Files - considered "offensively truthful" by the Vree Race, and [i]Absolutely Fabulous[/i] - considered offensive by more than fifty-eight different species, but excluding Warner Bros. cartoons & Lumati educational films - considered wholesome and stimulating by every alien race (Especially the Lumati).

:D
  • RigsRigs Earthforce Officer
    I'm sorry, but Tracy Scoggins is not pretty, and to have her on the front of the Season5 box? Bad move...

On a side note, did the Vree ever explain the reason for all the abductions? (Save for having to defend themselves in court) :D

=-Rigs-=
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    I think the most said on it were that the Vree were amazed and amused that a few routine expeditions could cause such cultural upheaval.
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rigs [/i]
    [B]On a side note, did the Vree ever explain the reason for all the abductions? (Save for having to defend themselves in court) :D

=-Rigs-= [/B][/QUOTE]

To my knowlege, no. I think that was thrown in for comedic value. :) (which it was DAMN funny)
  • Alpha-1Alpha-1 Elite Ranger Germany
    [quote]Additional and Extended Scenes
    [/quote]

sounds a little like the filmed material for $ierras ITF game for me *dreaming*

i don't think there are many other material that they can use... trhey never cut much fromthe episodes and the cuts exists mostly in scriptform and not on filmed material as far as i know...
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    I remember that the Season 1 set also mentioned extended footage, and some people noticed scenes going slightly longer in some episodes. I never noticed, myself, but I have no reason to doubt them.
  • Mr_BesterMr_Bester Earthforce Officer St Louis MO
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Alpha-1 [/i]
    [B]sounds a little like the filmed material for $ierras ITF game for me *dreaming*

i don't think there are many other material that they can use... trhey never cut much fromthe episodes and the cuts exists mostly in scriptform and not on filmed material as far as i know... [/B][/QUOTE]

If I'm not mistaken, JMS had a few more scenes in Sleeping In Light that were cut from the airing version.

Dug
  • Whitestar 15Whitestar 15 Earthforce Officer
    :( I can't see it; in fact, I can't see anything on the homepage at all.

*Bursts into tears*

Is there another link anywhere?
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Whitestar 15 [/i]
    [B]:( I can't see it; in fact, I can't see anything on the homepage at all.

*Bursts into tears*

Is there another link anywhere? [/B][/QUOTE]

Probably because the script went fubar....which was mentioned elsewhere on the board. ;)
  • Whitestar 15Whitestar 15 Earthforce Officer
    Lol, I was scrolling up the topics rather than scrolling down through them (Yes, I'm odd, I know) and then I noticed the topic about the homepage (which I hadn't gotten to yet). So, erm, sorry about that.

Please don't hurt me...:(

PS. "fubar" is from "Saving Private Ryan" isn't it? I remember what it means but I shalln't post it here lol.
  • samuelksamuelk The Unstoppable Mr. 'K'
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Whitestar 15 [/i]
    [B]Lol, I was scrolling up the topics rather than scrolling down through them (Yes, I'm odd, I know) and then I noticed the topic about the homepage (which I hadn't gotten to yet). So, erm, sorry about that.

Please don't hurt me...:(

PS. "fubar" is from "Saving Private Ryan" isn't it? I remember what it means but I shalln't post it here lol. [/B][/QUOTE]

"FUBAR" is an old term. It was mentioned in [i]Saving Private Ryan[/i], but that's not where it originated.
    By the way, is it F*cked up beyond ALL or ANY recognition?

I've heard both being used, I think.
  • samuelksamuelk The Unstoppable Mr. 'K'
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Data Crystal [/i]
    [B]By the way, is it F*cked up beyond ALL or ANY recognition?

I've heard both being used, I think. [/B][/QUOTE]

"All" is what's usually used. Though either will work.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by samuelk [/i]
    [B]"All" is what's usually used. Though either will work. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've heard it used both ways.
  • Well - there could be different versions - but to the best of my knowledge for US Military folks F.U.B.A.R. is often:

"F$#$ed up beyond all REPAIR."
    Foreign, Unrecognisable & Battered Avaricious Raghead.

What?
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Well, I've got a temporary bit up right now, but...heh. No news script.
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by samuelk [/i]
    [B]"FUBAR" is an old term. It was mentioned in [i]Saving Private Ryan[/i], but that's not where it originated. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, the term FUBAR was used in the movie Tango and Cash (Silvester Stallone and Kurt Russel) long before SPR, but I think it actually goes back to the military somewhere... kinda like those prackster terms of going out to the flight line and getting a bucket of Prop Wash, or over to the shop to get a Round Tuit... ;)
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Well, thanks to Jambo it is FUBARed no longer. Check the front page. :)
  • The MercifulThe Merciful Earthforce Officer
    So, what does the season 5 covers look like?