Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Early Epsilon 3...

JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
I remember a discussion about the early Epsilon 3 looking different and having a moon...

Then I found this image yesterday...

;)

It's cropped from the original, and is a scan from a book.

[IMG]http://oakhurst.net/~alien/MISC/stuff/epsilon3.jpg[/IMG]

Comments

• BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    Hey, nice find!

That's something I never noticed.
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    I [i]think[/i] you can see the moon in one of the establishing shots of Soul Hunter.

Anyway, as far as I know, there are three versions of Epsilon 3. The cloudy pilot version, the version with the huge ice caps from Season 1-3, and the icecapless version from seasons 4-5.
  • ugh...the low res planet maps on Epsilon 3 always bugged me...Narn, Centauri Prime, Earth..all looked good...Epsilon 3? looked like a really blured 200x100 res man with insane amount of bump....

but the Station always more then made up for it!! :)
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by A2597 [/i]
    [B]ugh...the low res planet maps on Epsilon 3 always bugged me...Narn, Centauri Prime, Earth..all looked good...Epsilon 3? looked like a really blured 200x100 res man with insane amount of bump....

but the Station always more then made up for it!! :) [/B][/QUOTE]

By the time the Technology had advanced to where they could do better, the current version had been well established already.

That B5 Station hogged up most of the resources on those early Amiga's... :p

Of course, we could always pull the Legend Of The Rangers stunt and cloak it... ;)
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    It would make sense for Epsilon 3 to have a moon. We know that B5 is located at a Lagrange Point. For B5 to appear that close to epsilon 3 and be at a Lagrange Point would require a moon. The Lagrange Points created between a planet and its star are much further out. See [url=http://seds.lpl.arizona.edu/billa/tnp/help.html#lagrange]here[/url] for a brief summary of Lagrange Points. Thus, B5 must be at a Lagrange Point of a planet-moon system, not a planet star system.