Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Crusade DVD Set

LorienLorien The First One
Hey all
Just read the update on the main page, and wow I am TRULY excited. not so much for the actual release on DVD (which is incredible as well) but for the fact that I will at last get to see the series. !!

They never showed it here in Israel and I have always wanted to see it. So this is 100% something to look forward to for 2004.

Wow.. we have season 4 coming up .. then 5.. then the whole movies and then the Crusade. what a GREAT year ahead!!!

- lorien

btw.. i know you guys dont like to mention any ST news or anything .. but ST:V is being released on DVD as well. Season 1 is scheduled to release 02/24/04 and a new season will follow each month. I am a big fan of ST:V as well, so for me this is major news. :)

Comments

• BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Yes, good news indeed. :)

Speaking of ST, does anyone know if ST6 is available or will be available on DVD in the near future?
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    Star Trek VI is available in the barebones edition, but it's not even in widescreen, so I'd wait for the Collector's Edition, due out on January 27 for Region 1. It's also rumored to have some cut scenes reintroduced into the movie, which I would assume would be the extended dinner scene (where our heros slander the Klingons in responce to them slandering humanity) and the arms dealer scene (where a group of "Businessmen" try to convince the Federation President to go to war with the Klingons).

More info [url=http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/store/news/article/3635.html]here.[/url]
    I'll wait for the collector's version. :)
  • Alpha-1Alpha-1 Elite Ranger Germany
    crusade box extras?

hi all
    dose anyone know if there are existing extra material they can use for the dvd? like making off's etc?
  • Re: crusade box extras?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Alpha-1 [/i]
    [B]hi all
    dose anyone know if there are existing extra material they can use for the dvd? like making off's etc? [/B][/QUOTE]

The Crusade DVD or the Star Trek VI one?

Well the Crusade one could have a few things.

The scripts that were never made into broadcast episodes, some commentaries, maybe TV previews.
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by David of Mac [/i]
    [B]Star Trek VI is available in the barebones edition, but it's not even in widescreen, so I'd wait for the Collector's Edition, due out on January 27 for Region 1. It's also rumored to have some cut scenes reintroduced into the movie, which I would assume would be the extended dinner scene (where our heros slander the Klingons in responce to them slandering humanity) and the arms dealer scene (where a group of "Businessmen" try to convince the Federation President to go to war with the Klingons).

More info [url=http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/store/news/article/3635.html]here.[/url] [/B][/QUOTE]

Translation: It might be more like the novelized version, which was a hell of alot better than the movie.
  • Alpha-1Alpha-1 Elite Ranger Germany
    Re: Re: crusade box extras?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Anla'Shok Douglas Nicol [/i]
    [B]The Crusade DVD or the Star Trek VI one?

Well the Crusade one could have a few things.

The scripts that were never made into broadcast episodes, some commentaries, maybe TV previews. [/B][/QUOTE]
    crusade;)
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vertigo1 [/i]
    [B]Translation: It might be more like the novelized version, which was a hell of alot better than the movie. [/B][/QUOTE]

Whatthe... you didn't like the movie???

Excellent, excellent movie; one of the two best ST movies. The best one was also directed by Nick Meyer.
    I have to agree that it's one of the best ST movies.
  • AggamemnonAggamemnon Earthforce Officer
    Wrath of Khan
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Bekenn [/i]
    [B]Whatthe... you didn't like the movie???

Excellent, excellent movie; one of the two best ST movies. The best one was also directed by Nick Meyer. [/B][/QUOTE]

Its a good movie. Its just that the novel is hella better.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Nick Meyer is an amazing director. Three of the four best Star Trek movies were directed by him. That certainly means something.
    What was the third?
    Yes, as I remember:

I— Wise
    [b]II— Meyer[/b]
    III— Nimoy
    IV— Nimoy
    V— Shatner
    [b]VI— Meyer[/b]
    VII— Carson
    VIII— Frakes
    IX— Frankes
    X— Baird

He only did 2.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B]What was the third? [/B][/QUOTE]
    oops. Sorry. Mixed up assists in writing with directing. :D

Still. :D
    You make a valid point that the best of the original cast ST movies all have his name somewhere.

Personally, I rather wish Harve Bennett and Nick Meyer were in control of the franchise, rather than Berman and Braga.

Edit: Actually, I'm not sure where I place 4 in relation to 1 and 3, which are also good movies; but, still.
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by David of Mac [/i][B]V - Shatner[/B][/QUOTE]

No wonder #5 sucked...
  • samuelksamuelk The Unstoppable Mr. 'K'
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JackN [/i]
    [B]No wonder #5 sucked... [/B][/QUOTE]

If only it were that simple. . .

I was just thinking the same thing. :D

That list also partially explains 8 and 9.

4 is one of the better ones simply because it's so much fun. Nucrear Wessels!
    8 was a good film; 9 was passable, but only just barely. Come to think of it, 8 was the only TNG movie that was actually [i]good[/i]. 10 was just insulting.

Re: 4 -- Agreed.
  • AggamemnonAggamemnon Earthforce Officer
    Did anyone else find #10 to be almost a carbon copy of #2?
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    They did have no sand-buggy in 2...

also, the story for Star Trek 5 sucking is realy more than just beeing directed by william shatner. because if you look at the movie, it's the one most like the original series. it's lighthearted, adventurous, and they're going where no man has gone before ;) (yeah, i like the movie, which might be due to Jerry Goldsmiths score)
    Plus it's unfair to blame the bad parts of the movie on the direction. The directing is actually very good. You can't exactly tell in the pan and scan version, but it looks hella good in widescreen.

Now, the stupid damned humor. That was the bad part. Actually, I like the humor, too, except for some of the more forced bits (Mind if we drop in for dinner?). And McCoy's pain sequence was really pretty good.

And it is the only movie where everything is normal. In all of the other ones, there's something wrong.

I: Excuse me, but who the hell is the bald lady and the new guy?
    II: Checkov isn't there
    III: Spock's dead
    IV: No Enterprise
    V: Everyone's where they should be! Yay!
    VI: Sulu's off on his own ship, and Kirk and McCoy spend most of the movie in the Klingon big house
  • rikuriku Earthforce Officer
    crusade was aired in israel
    look at this report
    [url]http://www.isf.co.il/new/news.asp?ref=2519[/url]

You think that's bad? You should hear the commentary on the DC DVD. I never heard so much wanking from one person in my life.... His damn daughter did noting but kiss her father's ass during the entire commentary. Maybe the immense hatred for #5 will do something to Shatner's massive ego....
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vertigo1 [/i]
    [B]Maybe the immense hatred for #5 will do something to Shatner's massive ego.... [/B][/QUOTE]

Has it yet? ;)

And most of the ego thing is an act, by now. It's self parody. It's funny how so few people can see that he's playing the (deserved) conceited actor reputation. Fortunately, the editor for the Star Trek III DVD documentary was in on the joke. The end goes something like.

NIMOY: ...I think [William Shatner] was of incalculable importance to the success of the series and the movies.
    *Cut to Shatner in his Ego Room, with gigantic Star Trek V poster and bookshelf full of Tek War*
    SHATNER: (Deadpan) That's the story of [i]Star Trek III[/i] as far as I'm concerned.
    *Star Trek fanfare*

The delivery is absolutely perfect. Cracks me up every time.
    Agreed; his interviews in the ST 1, 2, and 3 sets are absolutely hilarious, and it seems clear to me anyway that he knows what he's doing.