Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

B5 as an animated series?

The other day I was watching Titan A.E on some channel I think yall know that one? I thought it was ok decent story line nothing breakthrough or earth shattering (no pun intended). I was thinking afterwards though considering the popularity of Anime & such Babylon 5 would have been much more popular as an animated series. Ok there is no replacing the live action of jerry doyle or Bruce or the lovely Pat Tallman. But people I talk with who are Sci Fi n00bs said well I don't want to watch a live action thing if its animated I'd watch it. considering cost I dont know about that but obviously they would be able to make much more detailed scenes & we'd see more of Babylon 5 no just the sets they were limited to. He might have been able to give us a bigger better vision of what he wrote? IF you thought this was a post about A new B5 animated series haha SORRY!

Comments

• BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Re: B5 as an animated series?

I know a couple of people who don't like live-action scifi because they think the alien makeup always looks stupid (they haven't actually seen B5, they're basing this on Star Trek). A pathetic reason if you ask me but they refuse to be convinced.
    However, I also know some people who consider cartoons to be only for children and won't watch anything drawn.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Cabl3 Guy [/i]
    [B]nothing breakthrough or earth shattering (no pun intended)[/B][/QUOTE]

For some reason, I find that very hard to believe. :D
  • personally i thought the dread reminded me of a combination of both shadows & vorlons the vorlons being pure energy & the shadows being organic The dread were sort of both I think? Remember when he linked with the dread scout he was the cpu like a shadow vessel. The vessel was energy though at least thats what I thought a sort of focused energy.

And do you know who did the soundtrack ? :)
  • well..

..I'm bored so i did a bif of digging for you Cabl3 Guy,
    "And do you know who did the soundtrack ? :)"

here goes ..

[list=1]
    [*]"Over my head" by Lit
    [*]"the end is over" by Powerman 5000
    [*]"Cosmic Castaway" by Electracy
    [*]"Everything under the stars" by Fun lovin' criminals
    [*]"It's my turn to fly" by The Urge
    [*]"Like lovers (holding on)" by Texas
    [*]"Not quite paradise" by Bliss
    [*]"everybody's going to the moon" by Jamiroquai
    [*]"Karma slave" by SplashDown
    [*]"Renegade survivor" by Wailing souls
    [*]"Down to Earth" by Lucious Jackson
    [/list=1]

Exclusive Produsers . Glen Ballard & Amos Newman (Score Graeme Revell .

Linkage:

[URL=http://www.litlounge.com/]Lit[/URL]
    [URL=http://www.powerman500.com/]Powerman5000[/URL]
    [URL=http://www.texas.uk.com/]Texas[/URL]
    [URL=http://capitolrecords.com/titanae/producers.html]Team Pic[/URL]

Some of the artists needed more investigation...but tbh I've run out of Steam ... cant guess why :p
    no tbh was an OK film . (and i watched it on the merits of the quality of music) :-s (havent done that again).

Also , I'd like to take this opportunity to Rant about the Fact that the Game BattleStar Galactica , is NOT released under the format of PC , or are there ANY plans to do so .
    FFS Will Sierra-V I put ANY money into PC Space Sims... J-C (cuss).
    Only PS2 or Xbox.... GDI I just watched the Trailer , it looks sooo leet , boo hoo .

TallyHo SDF bring it on :)
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    I'm having pleasant thoughts about a B5 series done like the Roughnecks series I worked on at FI...

:)
    The Titan AE soundtrack is very cool. :)
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JackN [/i]
    [B]I'm having pleasant thoughts about a B5 series done like the Roughnecks series I worked on at FI...

:) [/B][/QUOTE]
    now that would be cool :) (currently waiting for the Zephyr DVD that comes out here in a few weeks :) )

Though The B5 ships do look great even cellshaded :)
    A Cartoon could also (if managed properly) be a huge starting point, as you could tie in (kids-)toys (if the series goes well), and the basic interest would be hightend :) (and you would grow B5 Fans from childhood up :) )
    Re: well..

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Marcus*COAL*Peake [/i]
    [B]
    Also , I'd like to take this opportunity to Rant about the Fact that the Game BattleStar Galactica , is NOT released under the format of PC , or are there ANY plans to do so .
    FFS Will Sierra-V I put ANY money into PC Space Sims... J-C (cuss).
    Only PS2 or Xbox.... GDI I just watched the Trailer , it looks sooo leet , boo hoo .
    [/B][/QUOTE]
    Yep that really sucks, but as there are now quite a few games on the X-Box i want to play (Crimson skies, for example), I used part of my first income to buy an X-Box (and i have to say: Halo doesn't look half as good as everybody says).
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    I actually enjoyed Titan AE, shame it got such a panning from the critics and it bankrupted Fox's animation division aswell (apparently).

A B5 animated series would be an interesting venture. With the Animatrix showing what can be done with animation these days, it could be very cool.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Falcon1 [/i]
    [B]I actually enjoyed Titan AE, shame it got such a panning from the critics and it bankrupted Fox's animation division aswell (apparently).
    [/B][/QUOTE]
    Fox marketing is to blame for that...they advertised it as kiddies movie, which it really ain't
    It's amazing how often movies are mismarketed. You would think that with Titan AE, the soundtrack alone would give it away.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RubberEagle [/i]
    [B]Though The B5 ships do look great even cellshaded :)[/B][/QUOTE]

<-- Most space ships seem to look great celshaded. :)
  • Although, imagine a B5 animation with as much detail as Final Fantasy:The Spirits Within. :)
  • Wonder if JMS would like that idea or any other of them? Its to bad he never answers his email at least the ones I have sent. Dont you use Usenet.