Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Sleeping in Light - 5 years ago

Mr.GaribaldiMr.Garibaldi Earthforce Officer
I figure I would post this as a tribute to the final episode which aired 5 years ago. I remember watching it, sitting no more then 5 feet from the TV. TNT still owned B5 and of course they bumped it to wednesdays at 10PM... hardly a deserving time slot. Everyone else in my house was alsleep as I was still in high school at the time. It was also special because that episode completed my VHS collection of all 5 seasons! haha yes I have a drawer of many many tapes which just reciently became obsolete because of the DVD releases. It has been 5 years since the end of season five which means just over 10 years since B5's introduction. B5 truely survived because of its fans and not because of network execs... the 10PM slot on TNT told me that! So thank you JMS and thank you loyal fans for letting B5 become more than just another TV show.

Comments

• croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    My Brother, Father, and I saw it that night too. It was the day before thanksgiving. That night none of our faces stayed dry. We had been watching the show sence the very first airing of The Gathering. My brother and I had a glassed over look on our faces. The same exact sequence played over in our head over and over again that day.

*salutes*
  • *sigh* and I am one of only two people on this forum that don't think that was a good ending for B5...heh.

Deconstruction of Falling stars was much better IMHO. :D

still, goto respect the final air date of B5.
    DOFS showed us the end of the universe, so to speak, but it wasn;t the end of the story. I would have been quite dissapointed if that was the series ending. There is no resolution, no goodbye.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I still remember Spoiler: seeing B5 go boom vividly.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    I still havent seen it. So that means B5 is not over yet :)

P.S. Showed B5 to my gf recently, and she really enjoyed it :D :D :D
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    I've lost my tape of it. :(
  • I remember it & I can't believe its been that long but it has...Its hard to leave people you've become attached to in a way even that rat bastard bester. It was sad & yeah I did cry...sorry such a n00b. Learned alot from B5 still learning from the masterpiece.
  • you weren't a true B5 fan if you didn't cry watching SIL... i've seen SIL at least... 30 times and i cry every single time i've seen it... i've tried desensitizing myself to it, but can't.. that speaks alot for jms' ability to create meaningful characters. when i saw this post i watched it again... and cried, lol.

P.S.
    as for u A#... u're just... u're just... a hethan! u have been disavowed as a B5 fan now!
    I only have seen it 3 times, and i cried every time. I also cry during the last salute during Objects At Rest.

(I really think the first episode should have been called objects in motion ;) )
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    It would've provided a nice bit of continuity. But I like having Objects in Motion and Objects at Rest back-to-back. And who can tell me that "The Wheel of Fire" isn't a really bitchin' title?
  • Mr.GaribaldiMr.Garibaldi Earthforce Officer
    Yeah I def had the emotional tears running during the "last salute" to the station and and final 1/2 of the episode. It is a good thing though, being albe to connect on such an emotional level. Very few shows or movies can do that. And with B5 it does go to those highs and lows, from outright hilarious humor, evil dry humor, irony, fear, and what I would call "satisfying sadness" during the last episode.
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    It was indeed a very sad episode. It offered closure to a great series but I couldn't get over the empty feeling once it hit my that it was all over. Have only seen it twice actually.