Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

I just e-mailed Sierra...

I just e-mailed sierra and let them know that even now, 4 years laler, I, and thousands of others, have not forgotten that they canned B5-ITF, that I have not purchased a game made by sierra since they canned it, and have no intention of doing so.

Then it hit me. We should ALL do this, every year on the annaversary of ITF's canning, until the day Sierra is dead.

You know, just to remind them how much they screwed up. :)

(Oh, if you e-mail them, don't mention the mods/freeware projects, just in case)

Comments

• Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
    fuckin a man.
  • CnlPepperCnlPepper Earthforce Officer
    every month....!

CnlPepper - email proggy armed....
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    :)

;)
  • E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
    Re: I just e-mailed Sierra...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by A2597 [/i]
    [B]Then it hit me. We should ALL do this, every year on the annaversary of ITF's canning, until the day Sierra is dead.[/B][/QUOTE]
    I Agree. We should remind them that we will never forget and forgive what they did.

I guess we should make list of e-mail addresses where to remind them.
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Pepper!
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Pepper has returned, eh?
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    Pepper spray is like tabasco, it goes with everything.
  • Good on ya mate. :cool:

Regards,
    Morden
  • yo know...if Sierra ever DOES go under, they will auction off all their assets...including...ITF perhaps?!?

hmmm....
  • samuelksamuelk The Unstoppable Mr. 'K'
    What are you hoping to accomplish by doing this?

Most of the people who were involved with the ITF cancellation aren't even at Sierra anymore.
  • Farscape. Literal tons of emails and letters protesting the cancellation got them something... but not exactly what they wanted. A miniseries to end the show isn't nearly as good as the show itself. Considering how niche this game is (both Babylon 5 and space sim are limited markets), and how little respect Sierra has shown for it in the past, I don't know if we want to risk getting a low-budget crapfest.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by samuelk [/i]
    [B]What are you hoping to accomplish by doing this?

Most of the people who were involved with the ITF cancellation aren't even at Sierra anymore. [/B][/QUOTE]

I expect nothing from this whatsoever.
    I expect to be bloody annoying to Sierra though, and just simply reimind them how badly they screwed up. Hey, who knows, maybe it will reach the right ear. But I expect nothing.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by the_exile [/i]
    [B]Farscape. Literal tons of emails and letters protesting the cancellation got them something... but not exactly what they wanted. A miniseries to end the show isn't nearly as good as the show itself. Considering how niche this game is (both Babylon 5 and space sim are limited markets), and how little respect Sierra has shown for it in the past, I don't know if we want to risk getting a low-budget crapfest. [/B][/QUOTE]

I wouldn't worry about Sierra releasing a Babylon 5 game. They can't. Warner Brothers would never sell them a B5 license after what they did with ITF.

And without the license, they can't legally release a B5 game.
  • ChickyChicky Moderator
    The circle...

And so the circle is closed. But don 't forget:

Not Sierra Online canceled B5 ITF. Just Havas Interactive / Vivendi Universal cancled Babylon 5 Into the Fire.

Only one question at this time:

What is going on with Sector 14 ??? I really have to know that. :)

with best Regards

Chicky
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    Re: The circle...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Chicky [/i]
    [B]

Only one question at this time:

What is going on with Sector 14 ??? I really have to know that. :) [/B][/QUOTE]

Nothing they can really say at the moment...

;)
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by the_exile [/i]
    [B]Farscape. Literal tons of emails and letters protesting the cancellation got them something... but not exactly what they wanted. A miniseries to end the show isn't nearly as good as the show itself. Considering how niche this game is (both Babylon 5 and space sim are limited markets), and how little respect Sierra has shown for it in the past, I don't know if we want to risk getting a low-budget crapfest. [/B][/QUOTE]

A mini-series, especially with the possibility of a feature film, is *NOT* a bad thing. Also, I see no reason to prejudice oneself against a miniseries. The main issue with most fans at the present is not that it was canned, but why and how. It was abrupt, it was without reason (at the time). Suddenly, it was gone, cut off at critical episodes which I refuse to see until I can be assured of conclusion. I don't want to suffer again like I did with Space: Above and Beyond, nor do any other fans. All that's really needed is just simple closure, or just *Something* to make peace with.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    What most of the fans were annoyed about was the fact that the story wouldn't be finished, not that they wouldn't get an entire series more.
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    Re: Re: The circle...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JackN [/i]
    [B]Nothing they can really say at the moment...

;) [/B][/QUOTE]

Vorlon!

Worf
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Thats funny actually because I just stumbled across my original letters to Sierra the other day, the ones I wrote when we all had the big mail in campaign to save the game. I wrote 2, both with the same content to President Gren-whateverhisnameis and some other guy who I can't remember. Man it brought back the memories alright.

I think sending them a nice reminder on the anniversary would be a good idea. Let them know that we're still thinking of them ;)
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Re: Re: The circle...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JackN [/i]
    [B]Nothing they can really say at the moment...

;) [/B][/QUOTE]

The correct answer is "[COLOR=green]Green[/COLOR]".
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    Yeah, and guess where it'll go the second their e-mail client picks it up.....

(they probably have about a dozen or so filters to delete anything B5 related)
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    Re: Re: Re: The circle...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B]The correct answer is "[COLOR=green]Green[/COLOR]". [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=green]HULK SMASH![/COLOR]
  • ChickyChicky Moderator
    Re: Re: Re: Re: The circle...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lord Refa [/i]
    [B][COLOR=green]HULK SMASH![/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh yeah... green is the colour of hope... :)

regards

Chicky
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    I think Morpheus' speech from the Matrix Reloaded applies to us...

[QUOTE]I remember that I am here not because of the path that lies before me, but because of the path that lies behind me! I remember that for 100 years we have fought these machines. I remember that for 100 years they have sent their armies to destroy us. And after a century of war, I remember that which matters most. We are still here![/QUOTE]

Ok, so some of the details are a little off but the message is the same.

Worf
  • im all for tryin to get B5 game back its just im a big fan of the Homeworld series and i dont want to boycott that as well

so i support the emails but NOT the boycotting
  • I'm going to stick to my boycott until HL2 comes out, which, unfortunatlly, I want. Badly. And Sierra publishes it...

drat. :(
    Personally, I think it's well past time to let go.

The people responsible for ITFs cancellation have long since left Vivendi.

There are a lot of good games out there from Vivendi, made by a lot of hard-working developers who had nothing to do with ITF's cancellation.

Nothing you do will bring back ITF in any way, shape or form. Time to move on.
    Thus my lack of a boycott against Sierra. Why punish the good developers for something they're not responsible for? (Valve, Relic, etc)
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    I don't see what the big problem people have with maintaining the boycott is. It's practically effortless for me!

And it has nothing whatsoever to do with the fact that all they offer for my platform is [url=http://www.sierra.com/search_results.do?keyword=&genre=all&platform=mac&x=61&y=5]sub-shareware level crap that was made five years ago[/url]. Not a whit.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sanfam [/i]
    [B]Thus my lack of a boycott against Sierra. Why punish the good developers for something they're not responsible for? (Valve, Relic, etc) [/B][/QUOTE]

Did I mention that part of my boycott is the fact that sierra hasen't released a single game I am remotly interested in since...well..half life 1...