Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Farscape is BACK!

Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
[url]http://www.cinescape.com/0/editorial.asp?aff_id=0&this_cat=Television&action=page&type_id=&cat_id=270355&obj_id=40144[/url]

a serious story from a serious site.

Comments

• I just herd about that on TV
  • NOOO! CineScape is temporarily down :(
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    From TV Guide at [url]http://www.tvguide.com/news/entertainment/[/url]

[quote]"[b]FAR OUT!:[/b] Hey, 'Scapers — this is the news you've been waiting for! The Jim Henson Company is holding a press conference Thursday to "announce an exciting new development in the campaign to continue Farscape." Among those participating in the media pow-wow: Series creator Rockne S. O'Bannon and exec producers Brian Henson and David Kemper."[/quote]
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    WOOOHOOOOO!!!!
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    WOO!
    From cinescape

[quote]
    The fate of FARSCAPE will be revealed tomorrow
    Is the cancelled sci-fi series on the verge of a comeback?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dateline: Wednesday, November 12, 2003

By: PATRICK SAURIOL
    By: News Editor

Dark Horizons reports in today's news that something unusual is happening at the former production offices of FARSCAPE. An informant for the popular Australian movie news website told webmaster Garth Franklin that the show was back in business, with four to six new episodes of the science fiction series ordered. All of the original cast and crew were also back.

Franklin decided to see if there was any truth to the rumor and placed a call to the show's former production office. Surprisingly and on three separate occasions, Franklin's calls were terminated before the voice on the other line could be tricked into giving an answer, and on one phone call he was actually insulted for inquiring.

And here's where we drop the other shoe: we know for a fact that tomorrow afternoon The Jim Henson Company will host a press conference concerning the future of FARSCAPE. Among those FARSCAPE creators scheduled to attend are producers Brian Henson and David Kemper, with series creator Rockne O'Bannon also a likely participant. The purpose of the event? To announce a "new development" with FARSCAPE.

Now, you put it together and ask yourself the following question: why would the producers of a dead series be arranging a sudden press conference? All indicators point to the return of FARSCAPE.

It may be a little premature to pop open the champagne but we advise to have it chill on ice for the next 24 hours. I'll be attending the conference as as soon as the FARSCAPE news is revealed, look for the story to appear on the site shortly thereafter.
    [/quote]
  • StrikerStriker Provided with distinction
    WOOHOO!
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    FUCK YEAH! WOOHOO!!!!!
  • Thank god for that, I saw the last of Season 4 not that long ago, and to say I was pissed off was an understatement.

PS, I haven't posted here in a LONG time, I wasn't even sure this place was still going. :)
    Quick! Hide Delenn! :D
    lol
  • I PMed Mira, she thanked me and Sanfam is changing her user name, so no worries of Anla'Shok flooding her inbox mate.
    (Yes, it does change her name in previous post, so some of us will still be able to figure out who she is now)
  • 1) W0000000000000000T!

2) What? Am I missing something?
  • This is a joke....right?:)
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by the_exile [/i]
    [B]1) W0000000000000000T!

2) What? Am I missing something? [/B][/QUOTE]

LMAO! My, arn't WE observant! She has a post count of over 200 now man...
  • Hey, I'm not a stalker....I DID have a Mira web site which mostly works except for one picture, which I should change.

In fact thats the site, I believe Mira even checked it over to see if it met with her approval.

[url]http://mirafurlan.freeyellow.com/index.html[/url]

I will have to do something with it as that *Under Construction* sign has been there for some time. :)

Anyway, I don't know if anyone remembers me from before, I more or less cut down on posting when the final cancellation effort for the B5 game came in.
  • Of course we remember you! Why do you think we warned Mira? ;)

hehehe

Welcome back mate. Beer is still in the fridge, and the nuts are still all over the place.
  • MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
    I'm not following....but I am not a firstone so....
  • Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
    im not following and im perdy old too.
    [url]http://www.tvguide.com/news/entertainment/[/url]

[quote][b]FAR AND AWAY![/b]: That Farscape press conference we told you about yesterday, during which producers were going to "announce an exciting new development in the campaign to continue" the franchise, has been postponed, a rep for the Jim Henson Company confirms. But never fear, 'Scapers. Sources tell me the media event will be rescheduled for sometime next week. (And trust me, it'll be well worth the wait.)[/quote]
  • Fingers crossed! (Hell, it'd be worth it just for Sikozu's cleavage!) :p

Regards,
    Morden
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Ohhhhh resceduling bad.
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    I wonder if this has anything to do with the con in Burbank this weekend....
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    This is great news!!!!!! :) Wooohoooo! I was really annoyed when it got cancelled, should never have happened imo.

Hey Morden279 I wonder how long it will be before we see it over here? As for Sikozu's cleavage, it is indeed impressive ;) :p
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Morden279 [/i]
    [B]Fingers crossed! (Hell, it'd be worth it just for Sikozu's cleavage!) :p

Regards,
    Morden [/B][/QUOTE]

I believe the best term to describe her is "fugly"... Please never say that again. :(

and I still don't follow... Anla'Shok used to stalk Mira... Furlan? And what does that have to do with Firstones? :confused: :confused:
    He used to be obsessed with her like I was over Ivanova. :) In other words, its an inside joke that you youngin's won't understand.
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    I just talked to a few people in the industry here at OryCon (the annual science fiction convention here in oregon).

Its a miniseries to finish the series.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by croxis [/i]
    [B]I just talked to a few people in the industry here at OryCon (the annual science fiction convention here in oregon).

Its a miniseries to finish the series. [/B][/QUOTE]

AKA...the season that we've been missing for over a year. :)
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Falcon1 [/i]
    [B]I was really annoyed when it got cancelled, should never have happened imo.
    [/B][/QUOTE]

What pissed me off even more is what they replaced it with in its timeslot. Tremors the series. I mean WTF. I didn't think anything could suck more than the movies did but I was proven wrong. How the hell can you replace a hit series like Farscape with complete and utter [b]CRAP[/b] that is Tremors? I know network execs are stupid but I didn't think that kind of stupidity was possible.
  • Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
    well theres tremors 4 coming out.

the first one aint that bad, really funny but they've gone way too far now.