Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

IFH countdown thread

Comments

• Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Renderer [/i]
    [B]I just think that in our case (when we have no angry publisher hanging over our heads) it's a lot better to be criticized for a missed release date than to get much more rotten tomatoes for releasing the buggish version right on time... Don't you think so? [/B][/QUOTE]

Like I said in my previous post, if someone had explained WHY the date was missed instead of "its gonna be 'a few days'" and left us hanging wondering wtf is going on, alot of this could have been avoided.
  • Sergei SSergei S Earthforce Officer
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vertigo1 [/i]
    [B]Like I said in my previous post, if someone had explained WHY the date was missed instead of "its gonna be 'a few days'" and left us hanging wondering wtf is going on, alot of this could have been avoided. [/B][/QUOTE]
    Indeed, a lot of this could have been avoided if someone had gone to [URL=http://ifh.firstones.com]IFH web-site[/URL] and read the news dated November, 24.
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sergei S [/i]
    [B]Indeed, a lot of this could have been avoided if someone had gone to [URL=http://ifh.firstones.com]IFH web-site[/URL] and read the news dated November, 24. [/B][/QUOTE]

BWAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH!!!!

:D
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JackN [/i]
    [B]BWAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH!!!!

:D [/B][/QUOTE]
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JackN [/i]
    [B]BWAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH!!!!

:D [/B][/QUOTE]
  • I think my only real issue with it all is that I can't stop checking the site, to the detriment of getting any work done.
  • well we can all relate to THAT. :)
    Damn....thats the last time I take that stuff. I didn't think it'd make me THAT hot-headed.

For those of you that don't already know, my parents caught a really bad case of a respiratory infection a couple of days ago. We've all been on anti-hystamine drugs to keep that shit at bay. While it doesn't affect their moods too much, sometimes it can make me a little....on the edge. Looks like I took more than I should have because I can't even remember half the stuff I did the other night. (which is why I didn't even bother posting for a while because I wanted to get this stuff out of my system first)

Perhaps I should also explain what made me so sensitive to the "a few days" post A2597 made. See, I also belong to the [url=http://www.descentbb.net/]Descent BB[/url] community. Outrage, the company that made Descent 3, had promised us a final patch that would've fixed ALOT of the problems with the game. They kept saying "its coming soon!" "only a few days more". However, that few days turned into months. Nearly two years later, we still never got our patch. So much for "a few days" eh? Funny thing is, the PC and Linux patches were completed. Its just the Mac side they had yet to finish. When I saw A2597's post, the first thought in my mind was "ohh no, not AGAIN!" I just didn't want to see everyone here getting shafted, thats all. From what little I've seen of IFH, I'm eagerly awaiting the 200+MB download...even though I'm on dial-up. ;)

That being said, I never should've said the things I said, and I'm sorry for it.
  • Ahh, thanks for clearing that up. Was wondering. :)
  • whitestar90whitestar90 Elite Ranger
    I will wait for how ever long it takes for them to release the prequel.:D
  • Mr.GaribaldiMr.Garibaldi Earthforce Officer
    as long as its [I]released[/I] i'll be happy ;)

to the ifh team: thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you for doing this for the fans!!!
  • RendererRenderer Earthforce Officer
    To Vertigo 1: I hope you're not expecting the Mac version of IFH?

:)
  • MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
    take a look at [url]http://ifh.firstones.com[/url] , and if you look at the forum, Renderer is posting: "the update is coming today".... :)
  • YAY!

DRAT!

I'm on campus allll day today. from well, one hour from now until tonight at 9:30 :(

*sigh*
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Renderer [/i]
    [B]To Vertigo 1: I hope you're not expecting the Mac version of IFH?

:) [/B][/QUOTE]

You kidding me? I don't even own a mac, and haven't used one in over 15 years. :D
  • JamboJambo Scriptkiddie
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mundane [/i]
    [B]take a look at [url]http://ifh.firstones.com[/url] , and if you look at the forum, Renderer is posting: "the update is coming today".... :) [/B][/QUOTE]

:rolleyes:
    Listen guys, if you could use an extra hand to find bugs..... :)
  • Finding them is easy...killing them...well...that's a different story...
  • the update is here. :)

[quote]
    [b]Renderer[/b]
    Good day everyone, sorry for delay, here is the update on IFH preparations, as promised.

Despite the fact that my "few days" have become more than 10 days already, let me assure you that this was not in vain. So, everything is going nicely and any talks about "weeks", "months" or "years" of further delays should not be taken seriously.

Looks like we've managed to rid ourselves of the major bugs (some crashes and level-to-level transition problems). And of course, a nice list of minor ones have been attended too. We fixed and added a lot of small things that hopefully will make you all happier... :) We are still testing it and here is the list of some things that have to be fixed before we finally go public:

- I'm trying to make it harder to play in mission 2. It was created as one of the hardest missions in the game but I don't really think it's very problematic.

- Some broken subtitles should be fixed, mostly in mission 3. Also a few minor problems should be fixed in large cutscene in mission 3.

- A couple of special cases when you fail the mission and get the wrong debriefing (lost instead of killed etc...)

- Scripting the accurate deadzones for Nova turrets (so it won't shoot through its own hull)

- Re-compiling some models from old to new format to make them load faster. Not a big deal.

- Loading each next mission without going to the main menu. Not fatal but annoying.

- Testing, testing, testing. A missing line in the freighter cargo here, too small speaker radius there... Other minor issues... Catching, making notes, and killing these small problems - that's our daily activities now.

Well, these are things that stand between you and the game... :) We're working hard to fix these problems, so my "few days" is still the best way to answer the question "when"... Stay cool and have a nice day.

Something is coming.
    [/quote]
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vertigo1 [/i]
    [B]Listen guys, if you could use an extra hand to find bugs..... :) [/B][/QUOTE]

The question becomes where YOU plan to use that extra hand to find them bugs... :eek:
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by A2597 [/i]
    [B]the update is here. :) [/B][/QUOTE]

:) Patience is a virtue. But when the time comes: "I'm gunna have me some fun... I'm gunna have me some fun..."

Quote from movie with "get to the chopper!" also in it.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Konrad [/i]
    [B]:) Patience is a virtue. But when the time comes: "I'm gunna have me some fun... I'm gunna have me some fun..."

Quote from movie with "get to the chopper!" also in it. [/B][/QUOTE]

Predator. ;)
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JackN [/i]
    [B]The question becomes where YOU plan to use that extra hand to find them bugs... :eek: [/B][/QUOTE]

Anywhere I have to. ;) :D
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    I'd like to see a Mac version of this as the only way I can play the pc version is at work... obviously the dev team have their hands full working on the pc version, and for free too, so a mac version would probably be beyond them. But it would be a nice idea.
  • Mr.GaribaldiMr.Garibaldi Earthforce Officer
    from the IFH site

"From Renderer:
    The new temporary IFH site has been launched instead of the old one due to some regretable quarrel in our team. This new and incomplete thing is something you gonna have to deal with at least until IFH Prequel Campaign goes to release stage. I'm sorry to say that, but I can't spend my time now making a completely new site. The site is not our top priority, but the game is.

Only the "forum" button is operative right now. I'll try to bring back the other parts of the site as soon as possible."

hmm I wonder what a "quarrel" means... :confused: i hope this does not hurt the release date for IFH... i don't want to see somthing with great promise collapse so close to its finest hour.
  • It doesn't have any influence on the game, don't worry...it's just the website...
  • MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
    good..became worried :)
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mundane [/i]
    [B]good..became worried :) [/B][/QUOTE]

Couldn't have said it better myself...
    Don't make me come over there and seperate you guys. ;)
    *starts shaking uncontrollably*

Must.......have......IFH.......