Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Question about future B5 merchandise

I am thinking of producing some B5 stuff for sale at future exhibitions and over the internet and I am looking to get your ideas on whether things will sell and what people would be willing to pay.

My ideas are as follows:

Greeting cards with B5 characters, the station etc.
3d decoupage pictures with frame, probably of the station, starfuries etc.
Mosaic pictures, probably just of the station.

I was also thinking of doing star wars and possibly star trek stuff as well.

One other idea I had was door plaques for bedrooms, these could be painted to order but example ones could include 'Jedi in training - do not enter!' that sort of thing..

What do you think??

Comments

• MooMoo Trainee
    Well 17 people have read this but no-one wants to say if they think it is a good idea or a bad one!
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    Depends on how much you charge for them.
  • MooMoo Trainee
    Well it would have to be a price that would both cover the cost of my expenses and also be of good value to the customer.

Most 3d decoupage pictures vary from £15 to £30 depending on size, this is usually because of the complex creation method and the more expensive frame.

The cards would probably be much the same price as real greeting cards.

As for the plaques, how much do people pay for them in shops at the moment? £9? £10? Should be around there somewhere!
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    A good idea might be to make a couple and then see how much they sell for on ebay. Then you will get an idea of how much people might be willing to pay.
  • MooMoo Trainee
    Good idea! Will probably do that! I'm looking into creating some designs soon.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B]A good idea might be to make a couple and then see how much they sell for on ebay. Then you will get an idea of how much people might be willing to pay. [/B][/QUOTE]

I don't want to be mr. negative here... But what about copyright?
  • MooMoo Trainee
    Well people sell pictures, portraits, paintings etc without trouble.

I purchased a very nice airbrushing of Claudia Christian (which I got her to sign about ten minutes later!!), I doubt Warner ever got any money from that!

I know that strictly it is not legal but I would be selling them at a memorabilia show and there are SO many other things there I don't think anyone would notice!

What is the law for people selling paintings based on star trek, star wars etc? I also bought a 3d decoupage picture of Winnie the Pooh from a stall at my local shopping centre, did the copyright owners of that get any money?

This sort of thing goes on all of the time.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Well, if you do, be sure to document it nicely. It's a good idea for legal reasons, but also so that once this little Merchandise site gets going, we'll have some good shots of some material to add :D
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Moo [/i]
    [B]Well people sell pictures, portraits, paintings etc without trouble.

I purchased a very nice airbrushing of Claudia Christian (which I got her to sign about ten minutes later!!), I doubt Warner ever got any money from that!

I know that strictly it is not legal but I would be selling them at a memorabilia show and there are SO many other things there I don't think anyone would notice!

What is the law for people selling paintings based on star trek, star wars etc? I also bought a 3d decoupage picture of Winnie the Pooh from a stall at my local shopping centre, did the copyright owners of that get any money?

This sort of thing goes on all of the time. [/B][/QUOTE]

Alrighty then. Post some finished work here from many angles then :p .
  • Well I think I can say that I have a fairly unique piece, a hand made figure of Sheridan and Delenn.

Bruce signed the base when he visited Glasgow's Forbidden Planet.

[url]http://mirafurlan.freeyellow.com/FIGURE.jpg[/url]