Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

hiya I'm new

rikuriku Earthforce Officer
I'm 17 years old, since in the time my country(Israel) aired Babylon 5 seasons was like 6-7 years ago I didn't fully watch it... only the ending war with my big bro that liked it very much. The only thing I remembered was the last few episodes of the war, but that's just flashes so I didn't remember much of it.

I heard so much about Babylon5, watched movies on spacebattles.com and stuff and I wanted to finally start watching the show. so I recently in the last 3 weeks downloaded 20 episodes from emule(watched the 20th episode yesterday) when Babylon4 is reappearing...

I must say it's a really cool tv show!!! :)
I've been a bit to 3d too, and on episode 6 (mind war) there is a first one ship, right?

also for those who are interested there are high quality models by a fan called Nadab, [url]www.eon3d.com[/url]

well that's it.. you'll probably hear alot of questions from me on the next few weeks about the series...

since english is only my 2nd language I dont always fully understand .

and sorry for my english. :)

-riku

Comments

• C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    Welcome! :)
    I'll write a longer welcome when I got time! :)
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    Welcome.

And a word of warning, steer away from me. I'm a suicidal headcase with cannibalistic tendencies and a taste for mythology.
  • Data CrystalData Crystal Pencil Artist
    Yeah, Refa is a tad twisted at the moment. :)

But a warm welcome from me too. We haven't had an openly registered newbie introducing himself in ages, if memory serves. :)

The place can be a nutcase but questions are always welcome. :)
  • welcome!

and guys, everyone has to be a little bit mentally unstable to be here :shadow1:
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Welcome!

So, you're from Israel? That brings our known numbers of Israelis to 2, I believe. :) Wonder if Lorien will pop in here.
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Welcome!
  • rikuriku Earthforce Officer
    thnx all!
    I almost finished watching season1! yesterday I watched episode 21 one more remaining :)

but can you explain me one thing?
    in the end of the last episode, Londo was cheating at poker :P

but I dont understand what was it.. he explained in the end something quick that I didn't understand

so the centauri actually are hosts of another creatures I guess, but wasn't it the same organ of a creature(I can't remember it's name) that was a few episodes ago? the one that dressed up with a fake vorlon suit?
    it looks the same organ and Londo said iirc that the creatures were centauri origin
    No, they're not hosts to another creature. You will find out what it was later on. It's quite... interesting.
  • hi

Welcome abroad riku! :)

Where do you live in Israel?
    Its interesting indeed. TMI IMHO
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    Re: hi

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Roi Danton [/i]
    [B]Welcome [i]abroad[/i]...[/B][/QUOTE]

??

:p
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by riku [/i]
    [B]thnx all!
    I almost finished watching season1! yesterday I watched episode 21 one more remaining :)[/B][/QUOTE]

The best is yet to come....

[QUOTE][B]but can you explain me one thing?
    in the end of the last episode, Londo was cheating at poker :P

but I dont understand what was it.. he explained in the end something quick that I didn't understand[/B][/QUOTE]

The implication is that the tentacle was one of his... uh... reproductive organs. Note the phrasing (paraphrased from memory): "Lee, goddess of passion! A synthesis of male and female centauri. What, did you think [i]these[/i] were just for decoration?"

From JMS on the subject:
    [quote]As for the tentacles...well, there's no rules about showing tentacles on TV. I think they didn't even want to deal with it. There are some moments when they pretend they didn't see it, and I pretend I didn't write it.[/quote]

[quote]Centauri males have six.[/quote]

[quote]Centauri females, btw, have six narrow...ummm...slots on their backs, three on either side of the spine, right around the base of the spine.

The awful thing is that the two women in props -- who were having FAR too much fun with this -- kept bringing me the tentacle to verify the shape, size, consistency, do we see veins or not....

I tell you here and now: our staff meetings are something else.[/quote]
  • LorienLorien The First One
    Ma Hamatzav?

Hey there:) I am not new but I am from Israel - you are very welcome!

drop me a line sometime .. [email]lorien@firstones.com[/email] :)
    Probably best not to use that address... as far as I can tell, it ends up at mine at the moment for some reason. :D Perhaps Striker can check that out for us?
    [quote]Where do you live in Israel?[/quote]

i live in Ra'anana if you know it...

also I watched the final season 1 episode(22) yesterday... must say a very interesting, just a small disappointment from the spacebattle of the shadows.. i mean it was just animated bad :[
    you can remember what I'm talking about [URL=http://slylendro.3d-life.com/riku/shadattack.avi]here[/URL].
    the shadow ships supposed to move wierd like this? :p

well but stuff like that happens.. especially when it's about 9 years animation:p

can't wait for episode1 on season2 but for some reason season2 files are much less aviable.. wierd :p

-riku
    can someone tell me, is there a certain order for the movies the were aired on tv?

these are the movies

The Gathering
    In The Beginning
    Thirdspace
    River of Souls
    Call to Arms

i've seen the gathering the first before 1x01 of course, but is there a certain order for the movies or they just aired after all seasons?

i finished watching season1 so before i start season2 i wanna be sure if there is no movie before that...
    thnx

-riku
    I'm not sure but I think you just nailed the order yourself.

The Gathering (hey, sure)

In The Beginning should probable be watched after seeing some later seasons but I think it's a fine flick to be watched after The Gathering. I like the spice it adds to the story. You're probably supposed to see it at some point during Season 4. More or less

Thirdspace has Sheridan & Ivanova on board so it's Season 3 to Season 4 material. A Good third.

And The River Of Souls has Lochley as the commander of The Big B so that makes it a Season 5 movie...

A Call To Arms is more a pilot movie for Crusade than an actual film so that should be the last thing to watch.

And about the Shadows, don't think of them as ships alone, think of them more as organic lifeforms going about as they see fit. So they don't 'fly' funny, they just do and go however they like. :)
    And I can't help but wonder about your name... you wouldn't happen to have any Finnish heritage if your nick 'riku' is your actual name? It sounds like one, though.
    I would definitely [b]not[/b] watch [i]In the Beginning[/i] until after at least season 3. It spoils some major plot points from earlier on.
  • LorienLorien The First One
    i agree with biggles on this one.. i actualy only watched that last year for the first time..and it would mess things up for people who have not seen the series.
    yes you're right, riku IS a finnish name
    my real name is Nadav, my nick for about 6 years is Slylendro.
    i was looking for an alternate nick so the first thing I thought about was riku, donno why:)

btw the Slylendro nick is inspired from Star Control, for those who know... by a race called the Slylandro.

i saw yesterday episode 1 season2, doesn't the station look a bit diffrent than how it was on season 1?
    suddenly it has more lights. LIGHTS YES!!

and Sheridan likes to talk alot :eek:
    Thoughout the series they upgraded hardware/software for the cg. In season one it was nothing more than 12 home amegas networked together. Also remember that this was the first show to use computer images instead of models.
  • whitestar90whitestar90 Elite Ranger
    Hello there Riku,good too see new blood here :)
    [b]In The Beginning[/b] primarily takes place during the Earth-Minbari war, but it's told from the point of view of Londo many many years after the show finishes... thus, some things that are supposed to be revelations in the show are given away by the movie, but in my opinion this doesn't necessarily make the show any less enjoyable. Thus, when introducing new people to the series, I let [i]them[/i] choose whether to watch this movie first, before anything else, or at the end of fourth season.

[b]The Gathering[/b] is the pilot for the series; it most definitely should be watched before season 1.

[b]Thirdspace[/b] takes place in the middle of season 4, but beyond that has no real bearing on the rest of the series.

[b]River of Souls[/b] takes place two years after season 5.

[b]Legend of the Rangers[/b] takes place something like two or three years after season 5.

[b]A Call To Arms[/b] takes place five years after season 5, and acts as a transition into the spinoff series, Crusade, which takes place immediately afterward.
    hey :)
    thanks for the helpful info!

I just watched eps 2x02 was a nice episode!

seems like there was a purpose(obviously?! :)) of what Jason said to Talia in mindwar 1x06, that everyone thinks that the government controls the psycore but it's actually the contrary... and probably "they" are adressed to psycore or something that killed the president :eek:

the series is getting better every episode:)

edit: btw, I noticed that the actress that plays Na'Toth isn't the same as the one in season1, why?

-riku
  • AggamemnonAggamemnon Earthforce Officer
    The actress left to do other work, but she does play another part in an episode in Season 2.
  • Re: Re: Re: hi

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Imhotep [/i]
    [B]Firstones.com members are found [i]abroad[/i]...:cool: [/B][/QUOTE]They are found everywhere "out there". ;)

[b]live in Ra'anana if you know it...[/B][/QUOTE]
    Oh, nice place directly on the mediterranean sea. :) Are your family native Israelis or do you descent from the immigrants who build the town in the first part of the last century.
    Hehe, sorry for the many questions, but you and Lorien are the only ones I "know" from your country so I'm just inquisitive.
    [B]
    seems like there was a purpose(obviously?! :)) of what Jason said to Talia in mindwar 1x06, that everyone thinks that the government controls the psycore but it's actually the contrary... and probably "they" are adressed to psycore or something that killed the president :eek: [/B][/QUOTE]

Everything has a purpose in B5. That's why I suggest you avoid spoilers completely. One of the best parts of watching B5 is finding out how everything fits together by watching it. :)
    [B]btw, I noticed that the actress that plays Na'Toth isn't the same as the one in season1, why?[/B][/QUOTE]

Caitlin Brown had some allergies to the makeup that she was never able to overcome. She wanted to stay with the show, though, which is why she appears a few times down the line in a couple of roles.
    hi :)
    i watched 2x03 today, and i'm unfortunate to say i think its the most ridiculous episode until now :(

there was actually a MAGE with POWERS...

I must say that i am very open minded and it's fun for me to watch fiction like the shadows and all that kind, but fiction should have its limits... the mage actually teleported, created a monster and made a camera burned, and shot flames from the hand to show vir, record...

that was a bit disappointing episode but well just better to keep on watching :)

-riku