Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

B5 Blueprints have arrived!

Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
Ok guys I finally got my act together and sorted the pics of my B5 blue prints.... so enjoy :)

You can also download the original images if you want, its a 21.2mb zip file.

[url]http://www.som.soton.ac.uk/staff/njj/blueprints2/index.htm[/url]

Comments

• AggamemnonAggamemnon Earthforce Officer
    wow, where did you get those? Would I be wrong in assuming ebay?
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Yeah Ebay... USA one. Bought them off Fiona Avery actually who was one of the writers on the show. Think she had some more on there recently.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    hey, Falcon, any chance you could get these scanned in at a higher resolution? I'm trying to figure how to get this into a proper site setup, but to do so, would need some higher quality, perhaps flatter goodness. :D Plus, there's some neat looking little things in there :-) But man, thank you so much for these :D
  • LorienLorien The First One
    holy shit. now that is INCREDIBLE! wow
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    You're THE firstone, you are suppose to know these things allready ;)
  • LorienLorien The First One
    na.. been busy kicking shadows ass in some other dimention:)
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    yah, thats what they [i]all[/i] say ;)
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    WOW!!!! :eek: Really cool stuff.........................both the blueprints and fighting shadows in another dimention. :D
    Cheers guys! :) Glad to share them with you all. Yeah I'm really glad I got them too, its nice to have something real from the show, something that was connected with it. My most prized collectable item now, with the ITF stuff coming a close 2nd.

Sanfam... well thats going to be interesting. As you can tell from the photo's they're big. We only have A4 scanners at work and I'm not aware of any place that can scan such items. I'm going to look into it though so I'll get back to you on it. :)
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    well...if you could scan 'em in segments, I'd be glad to assemble them. :D
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Sanfam, if you get the site going, you will be my own personal hero :)
  • whitestar90whitestar90 Elite Ranger
    Bummer,I can't see them,the site is down.
  • MooMoo Trainee
    I can't view them either :(
    Working fine here... we did have a powercut twice last week and we've been having problems with the web server aswell, was some rogue process using up 1gb of memory and maxing out the processors. Seems to be ok now. We're moving to new servers shortly anyway.

Sanfam: well thats the problem. Scanning on an A4 scanner would be very ackward and the prints would get very crumpled. At the moment they're pretty much in perfect condition and I want to keep them that way. I gonna see if there's any prof graphics studios around here that can scan such items.
  • whitestar90whitestar90 Elite Ranger
    Excellent,I can see them now.
    Ok I've found out that an A0 scanner can do the job... now I just need to find a design/print house that can do them for me without charging too much.
  • mikesfmikesf Earthforce Officer
    The site is down! :(

Any other way of getting the blueprints?

Many thanks!
    Sorry Mikesf I had to take the folders off line for a brief period. Some pratt at work copied half his hard drive onto our web server, and as a result it ran out of space, so I had to remove some stuff to free up space while we tracked down the brain dead user who caused the problem.

So all back up now. I will be sorting out a more permanent setup at some point in time.
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Falcon1 [/i]
    [B]Some pratt at work copied half his hard drive onto our web server, ... [/B][/QUOTE]
    Give him my condolences for loosing his brain.
    Sadly there's more than him about to offer it too... there's something about academic insitutions that breeds incompetent people, especially at this place. The things some people do leaves you scratching your head asking the question 'why????' ;)
  • mikesfmikesf Earthforce Officer
    Thanks.

They are great!

sniff.... I miss B5...

Cheers!
    No problem... yeah we all miss it... but who knows, maybe JMS will have something cool for us soon thats B5 related. Only time will tell.
  • shadow boxershadow boxer The Finger Painter & Master Ranter
    scanning those blueprints may be problematic, and prolly expensive. Even an A3 scanner is expensive let alone a big drum scanner. If I were you falcon I'd try finding your local school of graphic art/reproduction and or printing. Sing them the poor student/not for profit song and see how far you get.

more often than not if you tell some poor lecturer how great and important he /she is and so forth, they do things like drum scan big files. drum scanner are also very original friendly, they wont damage them as long as the scannerperson is a good one

Also, you better have a portable hard drive atleast for the raw scans, if you scan to AO at a decent res you'll be looking at 100mb for each image. You are going to needs terabytes..:D

secondly, and perhaps more importantly, those BP's should be turned into vector data and spread wide and far..:) With vector data its a very short step into 3D. I'll be happy to digitize atleast some of them.
    Shadow Boxer: actually I have a friend who has access to an A0 scanner. I asked him the other week if I he could do me a small 'favour' ;) He's gonna see if he can blag getting them scanned. All depends on his boss and how much work they have on. They are an archaeological unit so there's always some plans of an excavation to be scanned. Might drop him an email now and see what the score is.

I like where your going with the 3D thing :) Maps for Quake 3/ Unreal T 2003 anyone??? :D