Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

A jumpgate with effects?

I realized that you guys have the standard and Narn jumpgates for the Jump Accelerator. Well I have two questions.

One, Can that be made to be used at every lagrange point?

And Two, Is there a way or have you figures out how to put the effects of the jumpgate in? Yellow going in and blue coming out?

Comments

• I just had an odd idea. Have you thought about replacing the HUD jump point, the blue and red cones with jumpgates? It would allow you to put them at every jump point, and still not have to worry about very wide ships like the Excalibur banging into them.
  • Thats what i meant

Thats what i meant by every lagrange point... Can that be done along with doing the graphics for the points? The yellow in and blue out?
  • Warlord IIWarlord II Earthforce Officer
    Normally when you replace ship in I-War 2 campaign you replace ship's ini file with your own using same filename but it loads different model and weapons etc. As far as I know lagrangepoints doesn't have any ini file and I couldn't find any avatar folder for it so it can't be replaced. Jumpaccellerator is a model so it can be replaced. I think that lpoints are hardcoded feature of the game. Still we can place jumpgate(s) anywhere in cluster with script in our scenarios.

EDIT: Oh and there is blue effect for incoming ships but it's scripted jump so there isn't any use for it in I-War 2 campaign (you have to start it manually in your script).
  • What about the lightning dancing across a disrupted ship? When you get hit by a disruptor missile or a pulsar missile, you get this, but occasionaly the game hits you on it's own, the freighter you have to retrieve antimatter late in act 3 for instance. can the jump effect, the funnel one I mean from B5 be triggered with a variant of this?
    :shadow1: