Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

something interesting..

2»

Comments

• WORFWORF The Burninator
    Thrawn Trilogy. As for ST books, I liked the 4 books about the Furies.

*tries to remember the name of the series*

Worf
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    That was Invasion!, the first cross-over series. It was mind-numbingly sucessful, and probably paved the way for the other, more daring books, like the book-only series (New Frontier), the ebook-only series (Starfleet Corps of Engineers), the conitinueing series beyond their end serieses (The Deep Space Nine and Voyager Relaunchs), and so on.
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    Thing is, I was talking about the TV show. Because, unlike with B5, the ST novels are meaningless. I mean, they might occasionally have decent stories or other neat things about them, but nobody involved with the shows actually pays any attention to them; they seem to actively ignore the novels, so why bother even reading them in the first place?

For that reason, I haven't read an ST book since... high school, at latest. Probably a good five or six years ago. I think my last ones were in the New Frontier series, because Peter David is one of the few authors that I will pay attention to even if his stuff gets rebuffed by the series.
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    Well, after the poor performance of Nemesis, and the guys in charge saying they're through with the 24th century, the novels are now the exclusive tellers of modern trek. I'm kinda hoping that, once Enterprise runs it's course, Paramount will let televised trek go on hiatus and let the books have free rein. Then, hopefully, when someone decides to make a new Trek show or movie, they'll do it drawing upon the new, much more interconnected books.

In a way, at this point, Star Trek and Star Wars books are in the same place. They're the main storyteller at this point, but can still be contradicted, no matter how unlikely it is at this point.
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    you know, the problem with trek nowadays (TV) is, that it's mostly the same people writing the scripts etc.
    They need fresh blood imho (take me!!! take me!!!).
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    They should give me control over Star Trek, I have a few ideas on how to stir up some excitement ;)

Worf
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    hell, i have the first 2-3 seasons of a new series in my head ;)