Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

update by jms regarding his projects and babylon 5

13»

Comments

• BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    His Tenchi soundtrack is pretty good.
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    He also did one for a low budget Sci-Fi flick that sounded like whales...

can't remember the name of the movie... dealt with aliens and stuff...

:)

Being the synth/keyboard man for Tangerine Dream the group was awesome... ;)
  • Tangerine Dream also did much of the soundtrack for [i]Risky Business[/i], including the Tom Cruise / Rebecca Demornay love scene in the Chicago elevated train.
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Cheers guys... will check em out and see what they're like :)
    Btw while we're on the topic of B5 music, have any of you guys heard a B5 track done by Mark Ayres for 'The Number 1 Sci-Fi Album'? Its really cool... I first heard it just before I got into B5 and thought it was an interesting piece of music. I'm not sure if the MusicofB5 website had it for download (that site is down now by the looks of it). I don't recall seeing it there.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Falcon1 [/i]
    [B]Btw while we're on the topic of B5 music, have any of you guys heard a B5 track done by Mark Ayres for 'The Number 1 Sci-Fi Album'? Its really cool... [/B][/QUOTE]

I swear I heard that playing in my local Games Workshop one day, just as I was getting into B5 in the mid-90s. It was on the album with the Red Dwarf and Battlestar Galactica themes, wasn't it?

Regards,
    Morden
    Yep thats the one Morden279. Its a cool cd with some great tunes on it. Its an interesting tune, very B5 but still different from Franke... and strangley enough, I'm listening to it right now! :p

And yep I remember seeing Franke on the credits for Universal Soldier... must have been his biggest movie score to date, considering that film did reasonably well for the short Belgian ;)
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Falcon1 [/i]
    [B]Yep thats the one Morden279. Its a cool cd with some great tunes on it. Its an interesting tune, very B5 but still different from Franke... and strangley enough, I'm listening to it right now! :p [/B][/QUOTE]

Cheers Falcon, I'll have a gander for it on Kazaa...

Regards,
    Morden
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    I hope you're all happy now.. you made me actually [B][I]stand up[/I][/B] and get look for my CD....
  • TyvarTyvar Next best thing to a St. Bernard
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by croxis [/i]
    [B]your mom sucks

[/B][/QUOTE]

thats it bo-ay (said texas style) Im a callin you out..

no one talks bout momma that way, *spit*

Im the big guy with kinda longish curly brown hair, Ill be sitting at one of the round tables in the north side of the cafateria, Ill have a black wool jacket draped over my chair and a black leather book bag on the chair next to me, and Ill be waitin to done give you your whuppin! oh and Ill be there after 1:30.

and crusade still sucked!
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nembot [/i]
    [B]Thats what alot of people thought about the first 13 episodes of B5, yet look how it turned out.....:rolleyes: [/B][/QUOTE]

the first 13 episodes of B5 were hit and miss, the ones that JMS himself wrote though were pretty good, and I dont believe he did TKO,

but the duming down that he was forced to do for crusade, well, compared to what we knowt he man CAN write? its a serious let down.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by C_Mon [/i]
    [B]If JMS would have gotten it his way, I really think that Crusade would have rocked. Damn TNT! [/B][/QUOTE]

this counter argument I will accept, since he had to make ALOT of concessions to TNT.

As it stands crusade first season bit, as for the rest of the series, if JMS was left to his own devices, I think he could have pulled it out, but since that DIDNT happen, its mere speculation, I am commenting on the material we have on hand.
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    He could write the story he planned for Crusade as a series of comics, or maybe a series of novels? one for each season?

Worf
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Tyvar [/i]
    [B]the first 13 episodes of B5 were hit and miss, the ones that JMS himself wrote though were pretty good[/B][/QUOTE]

[i]*ahem*[/i] Infection [i]*ahem*[/i]
    He wrote infection? well, it wasnt as bad as TKO...

oh hell, maybe he was drunk at the time?
  • A Telepath war movie (or movie triology ;)) would be AWESOME

And I think I know who knows....

its Warleader....
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    :vorlon: The truth points to the one who knows :vorlon:

Worf
    I'd have to say that Infection is quite a bit [i]worse[/i] than TKO, because it doesn't have the Ivanova side-story to counterbalance the horrible A-plot.

Actually, I'd put Infection at the top of the list for "worst eps."
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    Was it Infection that first started the Ivanova's Dad thread? Or was it Born to the Purple.

Okay, checking Lurkers, it is Born to the Purple where Ivanova's dad dies. Oh, well, at least there are the missing lines from Infection to fill it with some funny, old fashioned goodness.
    [quote]From Babylon 5: The Missing Lines, by David Filip
    [b][i]Infection [/i]

(alternate title: The Mandatory Sci-Fi Episode Where a Society is Wiped Out by it's Own Weapons)

(Reporter asks where the bathrooms are)

Garibaldi: Over there, but I'd steer clear of the methane breather's room. Our janitors were afraid to clean it ever since they heard a rumor. It was something about Kosh leaving a big mess, I believe.

(Franklin describes the bioweapon situation to Sinclair)

Franklin: They were told to kill anyone who wasn't a pure Ikkaran.

Sinclair: And who set the standards for a "pure" Ikkaran?

Franklin: A coalition of military fanatics and religious extremists.

Sinclair: The Republican party?

(Sinclair chases the monster)

Monster: Protect! (zap)

Sinclair: Why?

Monster: Must destroy impurities!

Sinclair: Are you pure?

Monster: Pure! (zap)

Sinclair: How pure?

Sinclair: Really pure?

Monster: REALLY REALLY PURE! (zap)

Sinclair: And what did you think of the Puritans of the 1500s?

Sinclair: And your own people? On a scale of fourteen to thirty two, with fourteen being absolute metaphysical impuritude, and thirty two being completely pure, how pure were they?

Monster: (thinks) Twenty nine! Very pure! (ZAP!)

(the scene continues as we saw it)

(Sinclair's quarters)

Garibaldi: Listen to me Jeff. Sometimes when people came back from the war, they changed. Some of them thought it was easier to find something to die for than something to live for. Do you have Captain Kirk syndrome or something?

Sinclair: You didn't hear me talking to the Ikkaran, did you?
    [/b][/quote]
    Kirk syndrome was [i]exactly[/i] what I was thinking with that episode!
  • LOL! Those lines are SO tongue-in-cheek, it's unbelievable! :D

Regards,
    Morden
    Haaa :) Thats brilliant! Shame it wasn't in the bloopers going around.
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    [url=http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Dimension/9109/missline.htm]Here[/url] are the missing lines for the first two seasons. I found some by the same guy for the seasons three and four as well (with the addition of a story arc relating to, of all things, Zima), but I've lost the URL.
  • AggamemnonAggamemnon Earthforce Officer
    Now that is funny, much funnyness to be had

Yes