Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

update by jms regarding his projects and babylon 5

Comments

• TyvarTyvar Next best thing to a St. Bernard
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vertigo1 [/i]
    [B][chanting] CRUSADE! CRUSADE! CRUSADE! [/chanting] [/B][/QUOTE]

ieew crusade sucked!
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    your mom sucks

And I know who it is too, but i shal not say.

Vist the chatroom more often and you may find out
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Tyvar [/i]
    [B]ieew crusade sucked! [/B][/QUOTE]

Thats what alot of people thought about the first 13 episodes of B5, yet look how it turned out.....:rolleyes:
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JackN [/i]
    [B]Are you sure you didn't mean... "SLICED JAR JAR was the best thing to come along since Bread"...?

:p [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, maybe that was it!
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    I hope we get to see some decent combat in what ever JMS is brewing... and I want to see whole fleets of Warlocks kicking ass!!!! :p
  • shadow boxershadow boxer The Finger Painter & Master Ranter
    as far as 'old content' goes...

trust me... deep inside a fortress monastery lies a huge cryogenic stasis chamber... a vault full of B5 related goodies...guarded by Vorlon warrior monks...

when the time is right this sacred place will be opened and the glory that is Babylon 5 will pour forth to gladden the hearts of mortal men once again...

be faithful my brothers, the light will come, as surely as does the light of a new day...
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by shadow boxer [/i]
    [B]-snip-[/B][/QUOTE]

Is it just me or is this becoming needlessly messianic?
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    You talking to me?

[b]You talking to me??![/b]
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Maybe.
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    The truth points to itself...and the green aardvark.

Worf
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Tyvar [/i]
    [B]ieew crusade sucked! [/B][/QUOTE]
    If JMS would have gotten it his way, I really think that Crusade would have rocked. Damn TNT!
  • IMO Babylon 5 wasn't that hot in its first series, a few of the episodes like TKO were rubbish, but it evolved into something brilliant.

I'm confident if it were allowed to continue, Crusade would have gew to fulfill the legacy that B5 left for it.

Regards,
    Morden
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Morden279 [/i]
    [B]
    I'm confident if it were allowed to continue, Crusade would have gew to fulfill the legacy that B5 left for it.
    [/B][/QUOTE]
    It would probably even surpassed B5
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    But Crusade had a different feel than Babylon 5, much more thasn say the various star treks
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by croxis [/i]
    [B]But Crusade had a different feel than Babylon 5, much more thasn say the various star treks [/B][/QUOTE]

The only thing that let it down was that Evan Chen did the music.

And please, no-one get me started on Chen. his appointment by jms infuriates me just as much as some historians dismissing the battle of Mons as a "defeat".

Regards,
    Morden
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    I dont think that JMS was too fond of the music in Crusade after seeing how it turned out...because he went back to Christophe Franke for Legend of the Rangers.

Worf
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    JMS always supported Chen; he went back to Franke mostly because of the backlash from fans. Otherwise, he most likely would have gone for yet another composer, as he seems to be pretty big on making these spinoffs have a different feel to them entirely, and music is a large part of that.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    I'm, like, the one person that liked that music. It's such a lonely fan club... :(
    it grew on me too.. though i still can't stand the music in ACTA... i just think that when we see B5, we NEED the B5 theme...
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sanfam [/i]
    [B]I'm, like, the one person that liked that music. It's such a lonely fan club... :( [/B][/QUOTE]

Not that lonely, I'm in it. :)
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    As am I.
    I never liked Evan Chens music either. It was interesting the way he blended different sounds but it didn't have the atmosphere that Chris Franke brought to B5. The theme for Crusade did grow on me in time but not the episode music.

The other thing I found iffy with Crusade was some of the cgi... the one bit that springs to mind was when Dureena was running across that platform that was about to blow up... it looked so fake.
    His music isn't anywhere near as good as Franke's, but it does fit.
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RubberEagle [/i]
    [B]it grew on me too.. though i still can't stand the music in ACTA... i just think that when we see B5, we NEED the B5 theme... [/B][/QUOTE]
    I can't stand the ACTA music either, I mean some pling plong music, when I wanted great action music in the battles.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by C_Mon [/i]
    [B]I can't stand the ACTA music either, I mean some pling plong music, when I wanted great action music in the battles. [/B][/QUOTE]
    yep, exactly, just think about the final battle... ghaaah *shudder*
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by C_Mon [/i]
    [B]I can't stand the ACTA music either, I mean some pling plong music, when I wanted great action music in the battles. [/B][/QUOTE]

Absolutely right.

Whenever I want to watch that scene I always slap something on my CD player. I've even done some video clips with overlaid music; when I figure out how to use an FTP client, I'll post them up here.

Regards,
    Morden
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    I've been a Fan of Franke since the days of Tangerine Dream...

It was just such a blessing to have him for B5!!!

;)
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    I don't know, my favorite was always Copeland's, from the pilot.

Kidding, kidding! For the love of God, don't kill me!
    So whats Chris Franke's other music like? (non B5 that is...) I've seen the other stuff on his site but never ordered any.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Falcon1 [/i]
    [B]So whats Chris Franke's other music like? (non B5 that is...) I've seen the other stuff on his site but never ordered any. [/B][/QUOTE]

The only other Franke film score that comes to mind is from Universal Soldier. :D

Regards,
    Morden