Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

update by jms regarding his projects and babylon 5

-Marty--Marty- Earthforce Officer
Jms posted an update at rastb5m:

Here's the [URL=http://www.jmsnews.com/scripts/MsgStore.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetMsg&List=1&Topic=0&Flags=0&Query=BrowseCmd&QFlags=0&ls=0&qs=0&qt=0]link[/URL] to the post at jmsnews.com.

Here's a small excerpt regarding Babylon 5(though I recommend to read the entire post):

[quote]To the many questions that have arisen here of late...yes, as I mentioned
before, there is the possibility of something Babylon 5 related on the horizon,
but again I don't want anyone getting excited until we know if either one of
these two projects is going to actually come to fruition. We should know where
this lands in the next few weeks. The only thing I will say is that they're
not print projects, so if you were to assume it's for TV or film you wouldn't
be too far off...but that neither of them are series. And that's all I'm going
to say about them for now.
[/quote]

well, interesting...:)

Comments

• croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    ababa... ubbaluba.... whabauba.......
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    If its a movie, lets hope they DONT release it the same day as Star Wars.

Worf
  • -Marty--Marty- Earthforce Officer
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by WORF [/i]
    [B]If its a movie, lets hope they DONT release it the same day as Star Wars.

Worf [/B][/QUOTE]

That would seem very unlikely since jms alwas said that a feature film would be produced well after the second star wars trilogy were released.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I'm really hoping for the telepath war movie he said he wanted to do.

Yay for Buddy TMC!
  • *g*

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B]I'm really hoping for the telepath war movie he said he wanted to do.
    [/B][/QUOTE]

Not only you, me too...
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    So am I. But so help me, if they keep screwing around with the look of Babylon 5....

(Do it like Crusade! Different enough to be identifiable, but not all wonky like the Legends of the Rangers, with the Hyperspace like the rushing rapids, screwy nebulaie, and constantly showing jumpgates from the side so you can tell they aren't arranged conically)
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    I'm hoping that he'll get to finish out Crusade as well. :) Gideon RULES! :D
  • hmm...I need to get the telepath series...

I wouldn't mind one on the centauri trilagy...
  • mambo_mordenmambo_morden Earthforce Officer
    Telepath war movie would be spectacular...... hope we find out soon....
    hmm mini series? However he said that if it was film we wouldnt be too far off, meaning it ISNT a film. But close.... very odd
  • -Marty--Marty- Earthforce Officer
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by croxis [/i]
    [B]hmm mini series? However he said that if it was film we wouldnt be too far off, meaning it ISNT a film. But close.... very odd [/B][/QUOTE]

No, he said if we were to assume its for [I]tv or film[/I], then we wouldn'T be too far off.

And he talked about two possible projects. So, being optimists, we actually could assume that there are options for a feature and a tv movie/mini series :)

But, of course, this is all of hypothetical nature at the moment.
    [chanting] CRUSADE! CRUSADE! CRUSADE! [/chanting]
  • VladVlad Earthforce Officer
    I'll cast another vote for a telepath war TV movie or something. While Final Reckoning gave a little hint to what the telepath war was about, there still weren't that many details. Not only that, but we STILL don't know exactly what happened to Lyta (or Lennier, for that matter, but tying him to the TP war might seem a little forced).
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    Deja vu.

I wouldnt put too much hope in it. Besides, if it were something real, and would come out at the same time with SW3, do you think it would matter?

It shouldn't.. Atleast not when you consider the pieces of crap called Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones.

True, AOTC might not have been as bad as PM, and it might have had more viewable material than in PM (other than Darth Maul, that movie was rubbish). But it's still nowhere near as good as Return of the Jedi even. And that had those ghastly ewoks.
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lord Refa [/i]
    [B](other than Darth Maul, that movie was rubbish). [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh surely you jest, Come on, Jar Jar was the greatest thing to come along since sliced bread, he's the greatest star wars character ever, I mean Vader blows chunks compared to him.
    Luke Skywalker? Gah, a minor character compared to the great Jar Jar, Han Solo? Might as well be Ham Sandwich compared to Jar Jar's greatness.

<-- waits for a lightning bolt from the sky to smite him down!
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Entil'Zha [/i]
    [B]Oh surely you jest, Come on, Jar Jar was the greatest thing to come along since sliced bread, he's the greatest star wars character ever, I mean Vader blows chunks compared to him.
    Luke Skywalker? Gah, a minor character compared to the great Jar Jar, Han Solo? Might as well be Ham Sandwich compared to Jar Jar's greatness.

<-- waits for a lightning bolt from the sky to smite him down! [/B][/QUOTE]

Lucky for you, there aren't any rabid warsies nearby. ;) If there were....lets just say that the LA Riots would pale in comparison to what they'd do to you. :D
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Entil'Zha [/i]
    [B]Come on, Jar Jar was the greatest thing to come along since sliced bread, [/B][/QUOTE]

Are you sure you didn't mean... "SLICED JAR JAR was the best thing to come along since Bread"...?

:p
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by David of Mac [/i]
    [B]So am I. But so help me, if they keep screwing around with the look of Babylon 5....

(Do it like Crusade! Different enough to be identifiable, but not all wonky like the Legends of the Rangers, with the Hyperspace like the rushing rapids, screwy nebulaie, and constantly showing jumpgates from the side so you can tell they aren't arranged conically) [/B][/QUOTE]

David you must understand that the state of affairs in regards to the Lightwave models and such are at best... a small percentage of what Netter had, on a CD that hopefully JMS hasn't lost a second time...

;)

[i]*cough* I hope I didn't reveal too much here Rick and Randy *cough*[/i]

:p
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    Actually, I've been thinking about that, and... wouldn't Bruce Graw be a good source for LW models? Surely, those weren't destroyed when WB told them to... destroy... everything....
    *goes off to cry*
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JackN [/i]
    [B]David you must understand that the state of affairs in regards to the Lightwave models and such are at best... a small percentage of what Netter had, on a CD that hopefully JMS hasn't lost a second time...[/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, I know that, but it's not as if they couldn't make an effort to recreate what was on the show. It isn't exactly unprecedented....
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Wow this is interesting news :) Maybe JMS and Jerry sat down and had a chat after all :p

Well if its a movie that would be super... but I've been thinking lately, JMS said that he'd wait for Star Wars to finish before going to film, but what if Lucas decides to do another 3 which has been rumored? What then? Would JMS hold out that long or just go for it? If I were him I'd just go for it.

Well what ever it turns out to be, fingers crossed! :cool:
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Falcon1 [/i]
    [B]Well if its a movie that would be super... but I've been thinking lately, JMS said that he'd wait for Star Wars to finish before going to film, but what if Lucas decides to do another 3 which has been rumored? What then? [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, the official word from Lucas is (and has been) that after Ep3, he won't do any starwars movies (though Rick McCallum did say he wouldn't be too surprised if he changed his mind). Though i'm sure there would be a long enough pause after Ep3, that jms could do a movie...
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Falcon1 [/i]
    [B]

Well if its a movie that would be super... but I've been thinking lately, JMS said that he'd wait for Star Wars to finish before going to film, but what if Lucas decides to do another 3 which has been rumored? What then? Would JMS hold out that long or just go for it? If I were him I'd just go for it.
    [/B][/QUOTE]

I think JMS would get tired of waiting before 20 years have passed.
    I see no reason why they can't release a B5 movie, I am sure it would do well, as long as they dont release it the same day as Star Wars (which you cannot deny, does have a much wider audience)

Besides, Lord of the Rings is over at christmas, so is the Matrix. Star Wars is over in 2005...scifi fans like us (even the ones who havn't seen B5 before) will be interested in a B5 movie.

Worf
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Yep I agree... now is the time to start thinking of a B5 movie. The time is right, the cgi tech has moved forwards in leaps and bounds since the series and JMS has had plenty of time to think about a story, in between saving cats and doing Jeremiah. Considering how well the dvds have been doing, WB will certainly think a movie would be the next thing to do. And if (big if of course) we do get a full blown movie, maybe, just maybe... they'll do a game for it aswell! :eek: Oh dear I've gone and done it now! :D
    And I do know that oneof the people here at firstones knows what one of these projects is ;)
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    You shouldn't have posted this.. now we will try to guess who it is, and will start getting excited about the possibility of it beeing a game.. and i don't think that all of this will be very productive..

That said: I know who the person is NOT: Me. Now if everyone who also doesn't know (or isn't the person knowing) posts it here, we can narrow the candidates down :D
    I know who it is...but I shall not say.

Worf
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by David of Mac [/i]
    [B]Yes, I know that, but it's not as if they couldn't make an effort to recreate what was on the show. It isn't exactly unprecedented.... [/B][/QUOTE]

True that... and to be sure I'd jump at the chance to do them all over again and with the newer technology...

:D
  • TyvarTyvar Next best thing to a St. Bernard
    I want new starships! new EA starships that look like ugly boxes with big guns! they make me happy damnit!

and more blowing stuff up! I want a 3 hour movie with an hour long space battle scene set to classical music! like Bolero or something! ;)