Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Babylon 5 short stories

Today, I got the chance to read through all six B5 short stories, most for the first time. I was just wonder what your opinions of them were. I'm still trying to work out what I think of them, myself. Most of them managed to piss me off for some reason, so I don't think I should post my opinions of them until I have the chance to work out what my opinion is.

My main problem, though, has to do with the Technomage trilogy and [i]The Nautilus Coil[/i], namely, what's with the obsession of these authors of making the Vorlons and the Shadows into Space Nazis. The Shadows chop people apart to make their ships, and the Vorlons breed superpowerful telepathic cow people who make the Talosians from Star Trek look like they have all the psionic ability of a cup of jell-o, but have all the brains of an ant. Babylon 5 series showed they were no better than the rest of us. The novels seem to want to say they're substantially worse. I'm considering starting a First Ones anti-defamation league to counter all the negative press.

Comments

• BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    D'oh... I posted a response, but it looks like the server ate it.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I'm considering getting the Technomage trilogy and the Legions of Fire trilogy. Are they worth reading?
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    Yep, both of them are very worth reading. I liked the Centuari trilogy more, because it fit a lot neater into the show (Just ignore the dates they give you at the section titles). Also, the Centuari are a lot more fun then the technomages. I found myself liking some of the bad guys, whereas in the technomages, there were times I felt like slapping Galen and Company. Of course, that was very likely part of the point.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    If i can get the money together then i might get them
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    They're definitely worth reading, though I still consider the Psi Corps trilogy to be the best. Techno-Mage trilogy is a close second, but Jeanne Cavelos steps on the show in a few places that I'm not happy about. Namely, she makes Sheridan seem less intelligent, gives him too much information about what the Mages are up to on the station, and slightly screws up the ending to Geometry of Shadows. To her credit, she does fix a plot hole in Z'Ha'Dum, however.
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    The Technomage Trilogy was my favourite. It may have a few errors in it but still, I enjoyed the story and thought the characters were interesting...I don't want to go into details because they would be spoilers for those who havn't read them yet.

Worf
  • I reckon the Centauri trilogy was the best as it was the closest b5 material I have read to the actual show. Great plot twists and characters.
    First two books in the psi corps trilogy where a bit zzzzz but the last one was good, couldn't put it down!
    As for the technomage trilogy, that was decent, nothing brillaint tho