Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Quick Battles.

I'm quite new here so you'll have to forgive me if this has been asked several times before, I did do a quick search but...

Anyway, I've been playing the Xmas mod and having buckets of fun messing around with the quick battles option. My problem is that I can only play the "Jump Gate" attack and nothing else. If I choose "Battle line" I'm the only ship there, I'm not sure if I'm suposed to warp somewhere or something. I don't mind the Jump Gate attack but It's difficult to play as almost instantly you're under attack and 8 times out of 10 my weapons are knocked off line.

Plus, I can't seem to increase the size of the friendly fleet, I can change the number of enemy ships just fine but I'm always alone no matter what number I set the ships to, I want to play out some large fleet battles and crush all before me :-)

Comments

• IndieIndie Moderator
    Thats a known problem with the skirmish generator - something that hasn't been fixed yet.

Your other option is to use Director War. The one in the christmas pack is rather limited, but I posted a link to standalone version 1.2 somewhere on these boards. It has hostile fighters and ability to pilot capships, but the battles are more random than in skirmish. That mission will also be included in the new mission pack, but the release of the mission pack has been delayed due to the strain ingame mod put on firstones server.

There will also be a new type of quick mission generator in the new mission pack.
  • I know this is still early, since you just released the 'Buda5 InGame'.... but do you know when you when you may release the 'new mission pack'? Not trying to rush you folks... I am really impressed with the ships!! [B] ALL OF THEM!!! [/B] I was going over the Xmas pack that you release just looking at the babylon5 crafts, ( I already put in Buda5 InGame Mod in my game when you released it. :cool: ) Man this is so cool.....

The [B] Buda5 InGame Mod [/B] the music, HUD's menu's and the Babylon5 Station in the menu portion... man, [B] nice work guys!! [/B]:cool: very professional it looks just like the ..well.. Babylon5!!! (keep forgetting the shows special effects were made on the computer!! :D ) it would be nice to play some Babylon5 Missions. :D

Sincerely, Cmdr Dre
  • Thanx for the complements :) it's nice to here someone's enjoying ingame after months and months of developing it :). to anyone reading this post, remember, feedback is the only way we can fix problems... so if there's a problem with InGame, or anything in buda5, please post it somewhere so we can either patch it, or explain the problem.

InGame was my project, so i could tell u all the dates for that, but The Mission pack is Roi and Indie's project, so they'll have to give u exact dates... but i beleive it's almost ready... but it won't be released right away, InGame put a great strain on the server, and we'd like to give it a few weeks. You can't have 2 peices of cake right away anyways :).

EDIT
    @sw-880: if you have downloaded ingame, you can play EOC in instant action mode if u want some quick battles. remember, as stated in the readme, only non-capital ships are playable in instant action (whitestar is not a capship).