Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Babylon 5 - How to screw in a lightbulb on B5

Well the new project website is finished!

Please stop by and have a look and be sure to post your thoughts and comments on the forum.

The url is : [url]http://change.to/b5bulb[/url]

Thanks!

Moo

Comments

• BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Just make sure you get your facts straight and quote sources. :)
  • Don't worry! We will!!

What do you think of the site?
  • Looks like a great project! :)

Ironically, I have the B5 Security Manual and I know about some of the innaccuracies in it. ;)

If you want any help, just give me a shout. :)

Regards,
    Morden
  • Shout!

Well what we are currently looking for is as follows:

a) An overall design for the book i.e. what the general page layout is going to be for each page.

b) People to basically write articles, they don't need to be set in the above format as we can sort that out from the text. As for the content of the articles, stop by and register on the forum and we can sort that out! Examples are character profiles, I am currently doing Bester as an example and will post that when it is done.

c) Ideas! The more ideas the better, I can't come up with everything myself!

• Great stuff, I'd really like to be part of this thing. I'll sign up ASAP. :)

Regards,
    Morden
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Moo [/i]
    [B]Don't worry! We will!!

What do you think of the site? [/B][/QUOTE]

Looks pretty. :)
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Indeed. :)
  • RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    Very cool.. Sounds great to me!
  • Well as mentioned on the site response to the project has been good although we do have a lack of members signing up.

To be honest I would have expected at least a few more to sign up due to the fack you don't need technical knowledge like you did to help with the mod.

Ho hum, anyway if someone can come up with a good book design in the style of Babylon 5 for the pages we would appreciate it.

Sadly I have read the security manual and anything I produce would be similar to that in some way probably, hence the reason I would prefer someone else to do the design.

Come on people! :) Think of B5!
  • Moo, I tried to sign onto the forums, but all I got was a Yahoo groups site, was I following the right link?

Regards,
    Morden
  • Yes right link. We are currently using them as our forum and file centre, easier than setting up my own. Might not be as easy to use as say, this forum but it works.

My webspace doesn't support sql or php etc so I couldn't run forums like this anyway.

Still, as I say, it might not be the ideal solution but for the time being it works!
    You know, we can provide you with webspace that supports sql and php, plus one or more boards on this forum. That is the purpose of this site (now). :)
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B]You know, we can provide you with webspace that supports sql and php, plus one or more boards on this forum. That is the purpose of this site (now). :) [/B][/QUOTE]

I'd go with Biggles' offer, bulletin boards are easy as pie to use. :)

Regards,
    Morden
  • Well yeah they are, but I am broke and Yahoo is free. I wouldn't feel right using webspace without paying for it and as I said, I'm broke!
    Bah. No excuse. I command thee to start bugging Sanfam to organise you space and a board immediatly.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B]Bah. No excuse. I command thee to start bugging Sanfam to organise you space and a board immediatly. [/B][/QUOTE]

I back up Biggles' command; with a pointy stick if you don't hop to it! :D

Regards,
    Morden
  • No, it wouldn't feel right!

I'm sticking with the Yahoo group at the moment... most of the conversation has been via e-mail so far anyway!
    But it is our purpose!
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    ICQ/AIM me, Moo (Moooo!)