Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Buda 5 InGame OFFICIAL THREAD

1235»

Comments

• Ooops, beg your pardon, you're using the european version. I suppose that may have something to do with it. :(
  • more questions(!)

I`m totally confused about this - why should the windows installer need to be a certain version for this update to work? AFAIK the UK version of the game is exactly the European version (?)

The I-war game shows no problems playing normally or with the Buda5 mod installed but this in-game mod just refuses to install with the .exe file - is/was a zipped file created?

Thanks, Zol.
  • I have the european version, too, and haven't such problems with the installation of the InGame mod.

The InGame Setup is made with Installer 2Go and should be compatible with your OS. Like softweir said, your copy of ME could have an older installer version that doesn't supports the InGame Setup.
  • Thanks, but still no-go :(

I tried updating the windows installer but it came up with the message that this service is already running - any guesses on how to un-install it 1st? seams to be an old version on microsoft (2002)

It`s interesting that nobody else seams to have this problem.

Any other ideas?

Thanks, Zol.

** I`ve just tried to use the `Installer 2Go` package and that comes up with the same error - the website lists plenty of other windows files - I guess I`ll check into this a bit further on this website - Regards, Zol. **
  • Warlord IIWarlord II Earthforce Officer
    When I had Win98, I have had this same problem with some programs. Installing this installer 2.0 solved it if I remember correctly. It's because your windows don't know how to use the InGame installer program. Other Buda mods are zips and they just need to be placed to mods folder but this is installer program (not self extracting zip).
  • Problem Solved (?)

After trying to re-install the windows installer, repair registry & use repair tactic number one on the base unit :) the only way to get the installer to install was to run Windows Setup from CD and revert to the inital windows installation, everything seams to be working okay but I will now have to go through the windows update site to get my files up together

diagnosis of problem - windows installer corrupt somewhere along the line and even using the repair tool from microsoft did not repair the problem

Thanks, to those who pointed me in that direction - I hate installers! Give me a zip file anytime!

Regards ... Zol.

p.s. RT No.1 - Kick it with a size 10 boot! :cool:
  • Re: Problem Solved (?)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Zolitare [/i]
    [B]diagnosis of problem - windows installer corrupt somewhere along the line and even using the repair tool from microsoft did not repair the problem[/B][/QUOTE]Hehe, I recommend using Win2000 or WinXP ;).

Hope you can install and enjoy the InGame Mod now.
  • Hi all
    I have installed the b5 ingame mod and everything loads up fine.Except when i load a game the backgrounds have not changed for the base screen i am getting the default backgrounds.:confused:Do i have to start a new game to get the b5 base screens?apart from that the mod runs great.
    any info would be great
  • have you made any modifications to your flux.ini file? or any other files?
  • no its a fresh install of iw2 i found this bit in the flux.ini if its any help
    [icSPPlayerBaseScreen]
    fritz_delay = 0.5
    diorama_delay = 30
    main_bay_url = lws:/avatars/base/setup
    office_interior_url = lws:/avatars/base/setup_cal
    jafs_url = lws:/avatars/base/setup_jafs
    smith_url = lws:/avatars/base/setup_smith
    gunbabes_url = lws:/avatars/base/setup_gb
  • those should be different now... you followed the install correctly and haven't write protected your flux.ini file or anything like that eh?

quickfix:
    i suppose you could always install Ingame to a dummie directory and copy and paste the new flux.ini file into your IWAR2 folder... this of course ignores the problem of WHY this happened...
  • :) Thanks LogicSequence that worked a treat now enjoying the full buda5 :)
  • nooooo problem
  • Glück Auf!

First of all: I bow before ya! What an amount of time you must have spent to create this great mod. ThX a lot!

Now again some point I recognised beeing confusing:

1. The 50 MB install file has been replaced by the 204 MB variant, fine. But one cannot find info 'bout what this pack contains. The shippack seem to be included, anyway some ships are missing...
    Also one doesn't know, which version there is. Maybe the InGame Mod gets modified later, how to know when I have to get the new ver?

2. The times to load a savegame and - even more - to launch are huge! So everytime I've been destroyed I gotta wait 4 minutes or so to fly on an have another try...
    Why this? Can't be done something 'gainst it? I mean, I don't own a state-of-the-art PC, but 1 GHz T-Bird with 640 MB RAM at least...

3. You seem to have probs with collision detection,leading to the effect of destroying a container I wanna dock with (in case I fly a great ship, for example) or the beam weapons not hitting. For example I fighted a corvette with a Narn cruiser's particle lasers, which were drawn over the enemys hull, yet nuthin' happened!

4. I think the ship have to get balanced a little more ;-). The go fast, they turn fast, but even the Whitestar takes ages to change the direction of it's flight! So whit the firepower. By the way - were can I find spec of weapons and ships? How to know how much they punish the enemy? Again the prob of documentation.

5. Umm...guess I've forgotten 'bout that...Oh, no. How problematic is it to use other mods at the same time? And if I uninstall Buda5 InGame, do I get my ol' chap fo I-War 2 back?

Anyway, ThX again...
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Olorin [/i]
    [B]
    1. The 50 MB install file has been replaced by the 204 MB variant, fine. But one cannot find info 'bout what this pack contains. The shippack seem to be included, anyway some ships are missing...
    Also one doesn't know, which version there is. Maybe the InGame Mod gets modified later, how to know when I have to get the new ver?[/B][/QUOTE]

there was never a 50 Mb install file, it was to have been 4 50mb install files. No one was interested in breaking the download up in that mannor so the idea was scrapped.

InGame is currently version 1.0 (as stated in the Installation program.....). When a patch for InGame is released (and one will be released within the next month or so) it will be posted on the buda5 website and this thread.

Buda5 InGame is completely independant of the Ship pack.. they have nothing to do with each other, Buda5 InGame only requires Buda5 InGame CORE and a player ship (from the Buda5 Ingame ship list) to work.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Olorin [/i]
    [B]
    2. The times to load a savegame and - even more - to launch are huge! So everytime I've been destroyed I gotta wait 4 minutes or so to fly on an have another try...
    Why this? Can't be done something 'gainst it? I mean, I don't own a state-of-the-art PC, but 1 GHz T-Bird with 640 MB RAM at least...[/B][/QUOTE]

try uninstalling InGame and Iwar2... then reinstall IWAR2, patch it, and install Ingame again. You may also try lowering the video settings in IWAR2.

[B]
    3. You seem to have probs with collision detection,leading to the effect of destroying a container I wanna dock with (in case I fly a great ship, for example) or the beam weapons not hitting. For example I fighted a corvette with a Narn cruiser's particle lasers, which were drawn over the enemys hull, yet nuthin' happened![/B][/QUOTE]

I'm not exactly sure what you mean? if you ram a docking container too fast you are going to destroy it. As for the narn cruiser's beams not hitting... i really don't know what to tell you, no one else has had this problem. Is it possible you just missed? While an AI ship is in the proccess of docking it's collision properties are nullified by the game engine.. maybe that was it?

[B]
    4. I think the ship have to get balanced a little more ;-). The go fast, they turn fast, but even the Whitestar takes ages to change the direction of it's flight! So whit the firepower. By the way - were can I find spec of weapons and ships? How to know how much they punish the enemy? Again the prob of documentation.[/B][/QUOTE]

Are you using Buda5 Ingame? or individual ship mods? all of the ships in InGame (and in the ship pack for that matter) ARE balanced. The only ships that are not balanced are in the individual ship mods (as their only purpose is to display the ship). If you want to play with balanced ships, use Buda5 InGame or the Mission Collection.

As far as documentation, the ships weapons are listed in the hangar section before your launch... other than that you have to look everything else up on your own, on the internet, if you want more specific information; as that's not needed for playing the game. Try [url]www.b5tech.com[/url] for example.

[B]
    5. Umm...guess I've forgotten 'bout that...Oh, no. How problematic is it to use other mods at the same time? And if I uninstall Buda5 InGame, do I get my ol' chap fo I-War 2 back?
    [/B][/QUOTE]

A. VERY problematic... we suggest you ONLY use ONE mod at a time. Except for the cases of Buda5 InGame and Mission collection, where for InGame you would have CORE and an ingame player ship selected, and for mission collection the ship pack and ini files selected.

B. No, if you unistall ingame (actually it won't do much at all cause window's installer doesn't know what to do with InGame) it will NOT restore IWAR2 to it's original state.. that is why we recommend having 2 copies of IWAR2 on your computer, 1 for InGame and 1 for the mission collection (or other mods).
    [B]Glück Auf![/B][/QUOTE]Aus Freiberg? ;)

Logic answered your questions very well. One annotation to the Ship movement. The lateral engines in I-War 2 needs some time to change the direction: Means if you slide left and you want to slide right there is a slight pause at that moment when the slide speed reaches zero (the moment the slide direction changes from left to right).

And we currently don't plan to include a database 'cause there is already one at the internet ... what Logic said.
  • No. from Zwickau. Ya know, where the famous Trabant has been built originally. Oh, from DD. So ya _DEFINITLY_ know.

Fine, I'll have a look at b5tech.com . ThX4fast answer.

To 2.

That was exactly what I did. Installed a clean I-War II before. And I don't think it's the video settings. It's not that my graphics card shows low fraps, just that I gotta wait 2-3 minutes if I launch from babylon 5...
    Maybe it's 'cause the models are that huge - up to 13 MB for a centauri primus. Whoohow! But who do I tell this.

To 3.

Hmm. First of all - actually I did hit the thingy. Saw the beam goin' right into the corvette ('t was not that far away). But where the beams hit there simply were no effects, which typically get displayed if a beam goes over a ships hull. Nore happened damage.
    Doesn't matter, maybe I can reproduse it later again.

For the incident with the box: yes, most times it works. Anyway I chrashkilled the box somehow. Maybe 't was 'cause after the docking seq. the thing seemed to be INSIDE my vessel. Had a Warlock, I think.

Anyway 'tis are not the only problems. What annoys me the most is that big ships tend to crash into bases or other capital ships or suns or asteroids while beeing autopiloted. Or crash into asteroids while moving in LDS. The asteroid thing would be not so dramatic: cruiser and so on should be built stable enough to withstand such a collision, I think ('cause logically the cannot avoid them, like small ships). Thing is: they don't! I autopilot / go in LDS through a asteroid field - suddenly I'm gone.

No I think 'bout ti again, I'm not sure if it's not a prob. of I-War itself. I'll try to fly a normal cruiser in a un-budaed-I-War. Maybe same probs happen...

To point 4.

Hmm. For the firepower this may be. Even if 3 Omega-X-Cruiser had no chance 'gainst my just slightly moving Vorchan. They were killed just by the turrets! Strange.
    To the turning problem: the flight model is quite familiar to me. It's no thing with the lateral engines. More with the acceleration, I guess. For sure, a capital ship is a thing of great mass. So it's slowly accelerating, more slowly turning/spinning (for the Trägheitsmoment J) and maybe it even doesn't go very fast.
    That's what I thought, at least. Actually, even great cruisers spin around there axis(-es) quite good. But they take ages to FLY into a new direction, to come to a halt and then accelerate in a new direction. Even if I wan't do go into the 180°-direction and the main engines show in the direction the veloticy, that has to be nullified before I can accelerate in the new direction, It takes ages to stop. On the other hand the great bogeys don't go 300-500 m/s, no, they do 2000! , what is more than some fighters (if I remember correctly, the Narn bomber only goes around 1000...)
    This behaviour - though not handy - is at least acceptable for real great ships. But if I fly a small ship like the white star, it real annoying changing the direction takes so long. Maybe it should fly more like that bluestar scout.

THAT's what I mean with kind'a unbalanced.

To the last point (5.): I've gotten happy enough to risk something. The Ingame Mod works well with most other small mods. (crosshair, location finder and so on)
    But then again I was NOT able to run two I-Wars simultaniously.

If I do a copy of a patched I-War and buda this folder, buda won't work.

The I got Buda running on a clean system.
    But installing I-War afterwards in another folder and starting the eoc.exe there - buda was launched...

Here also I'm not sure if this a Buda-Problem. Maybe this lies in the way the Mod registers itself.
    I use W2K SP4, just to tell you ;-)
  • I've been using InGame for a while now and I noticed that the White Star outflies pretty much everything, so no sign of the slow turning, except with certain gig low tech ships like EA Omega or Warlock. You don't WANT them spinning around too fast. On the other hand, at least two missions are impossible with InGame, although you can urn InGame off. The first is the mission where you rescue indentured workers from the Maas camps in the Dagda system. The back door jump point. This isn't fundamentally impossible, but no ship can take down all those Maas whitestars before the refugees get blown away. THe other ission is the one where you have to hack the Navy's communications network. You find the pattern with the colored lights on the space station. The model in InGame hasn't got the colored lights. You can simply go around this problem, like I said, by turning off all InGame mods.

:shadow1:
    [B]No. from Zwickau. Ya know, where the famous Trabant has been built originally. Oh, from DD. So ya _DEFINITLY_ know.[/B][/QUOTE]Yes, I know ;) .

[QUOTE][b]If I do a copy of a patched I-War and buda this folder, buda won't work.

The I got Buda running on a clean system.
    But installing I-War afterwards in another folder and starting the eoc.exe there - buda was launched...

Here also I'm not sure if this a Buda-Problem. Maybe this lies in the way the Mod registers itself.
    I use W2K SP4, just to tell you ;-) [/B][/QUOTE]Hm, a friend of me told me from this behavior as well (he used W2k Sp3). With WinXP I don't have probs.
    Maybe the following solves the problem:
    [list][*]open the [i]flux.ini[/i] from the IW2 installation folder with a Text Editor
    [*]Look under the section [i][FcApp][/i] for the key [b]allow_multiple_instances[/b] and set this to [b]1[/b][/list]
    I don't promise but perhaps it solves that problem. [size=1]Btw, all changes you make on the flux.ini are on your own risk.[/size]

@Ship Balancing: For me, the acc of the capital ships is okay like it is. It shouldn't be more due to the Mass like you mentioned already. In contrary their manouverability should be decreased in comparison to Fighters. In the case of the Whitestar's acc I'll consult my team collegues.[QUOTE][b]great bogeys don't go 300-500 m/s, no, they do 2000![/B][/QUOTE]What do you mean by this?
  • KillerKiller Trainee
    No jumpgates?

Greetings,

I have downloaded and installed the Buda5. The first thing is that I have it in a different folder than the C:/program files.... so I simply changed the way in the installer.
    However in game I see no jumpgates nor jumpeffects in L-Points. is this O.K.?
    And the game crashes too often without reasons. During a simple flight, during approach of L-Point..
    Please let me someone know.
  • Re: No jumpgates?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Killer [/i]
    [B]Greetings,

I have downloaded and installed the Buda5. The first thing is that I have it in a different folder than the C:/program files.... so I simply changed the way in the installer.[/B][/QUOTE]Correct.

[QUOTE][b]However in game I see no jumpgates nor jumpeffects in L-Points. is this O.K.?
    And the game crashes too often without reasons. During a simple flight, during approach of L-Point..
    Please let me someone know. [/B][/QUOTE]Jumpgates and Jumpeffects aren't included in Buda5InGame. Did the crashes occur when you were flying a certain ship?
  • KillerKiller Trainee
    No, it is completely random. But is seems that the Whitestar is the most stable of them.
    And one more question. Why does the weapon link (F key) not work? It always tells me Weapon link not installed. In all ships I have tried I got this message.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Killer [/i]
    [B]And one more question. Why does the weapon link (F key) not work? It always tells me Weapon link not installed. In all ships I have tried I got this message. [/B][/QUOTE]That is a known problem with I-War 2 and custom weapons that cannot be fixed by a modder.
  • I havent' tried the full Buda5 conversion (though I'm really looking forward to it), but I've been playing I-War 2 with the Whitestar (which I love!).

*SPOILER WARNING*

I'm having a problem, though: in the mission where you go to Dante to scout out the Marauder base, when I dock to the pod of field generators, Smith won't take one. I've docked to every pod in turn, and cannot get through the mission...

I tried turning off the Whitestar mod, to use the regular command section, but that just makes it crash to the desktop every time I try to launch.

Can anyone help with this?
  • Never mind...I think I've figured it out.

The Whitestar is now in place of the tug instead of the command section.
  • Cannot reinstall Buda5

I am hoping there is still some life left here. :)
    I have been playing this mod off and on since it came out. Now all of a sudden, I lost the "extras" option in my menu. I have removed the mod, repaired the mod and tried reinstalling the mod to no evail. I cannot get Buda5 to work. I cannot reinstall the game itself, cd broke a long time ago.:(
    The Buda5 screens are still there, even the ship menu shows B5 ship pictures, but all I have is game default ships.

Any ideas how to get this to work???

HELP!!!!
  • Try to get an image of that CD (as long as you have your original CD key this isn't illegal) and reinstall and patch the game.
  • trltrl Trainee
    Hi, there is here still somebody?
    I have some questions about BUDA 5.