Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Buda 5 InGame OFFICIAL THREAD

[COLOR=red][SIZE=4]This thread is dedicated to problems, discussions, and issues relating to Buda 5 InGame. If you have any problems, issues, or discussions about Buda 5 InGame, post in this thread ONLY please. Official Buda 5 InGame news will be released in this Post (i.e. directly below this message).[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=4]

[COLOR=orange][u]Buda 5 InGame Official News:[/u][/COLOR]

[u]August 24th, 2003:[/u]
A release date of September 1st, 2003 has been set for Buda 5 InGame. Until then, check out the main site for some info and screenshots of InGame.

[u]August 27th, 2003:[/u]
Several Previously unreleased ships/stations and ship/station updates will be included in Buda 5 InGame. The individual versions of these updates will be released along with Buda 5 InGame.
[u]Included would be:[/u][SIZE=3]
ISA Whitestar v3.0
EA "Orion" (Ring Style) Base
EA G.O.D. Platform v2.0
EA Transports v1.1
EA Crew Shuttle v1.2
Jumpgate v2.0[/SIZE]

[u]September 1st, 2003:[/u]
The long wait is over! Buda 5 InGame has been released! Check out the website to download! Go forth young ones and download! BUT NOT ALL AT ONCE!!! If you are having trouble downloading, try waiting a while and trying again. Please have patience! You can find the download and more than 50, yes FIFTY new screenshots on the main site. Enjoy!

[u]September 1st, 2003:[/u]
Well, good news and bad news, all rolled into one. The good news, is that there was such a demand for Buda 5 InGame, that it effectivly crashed, or ground to a halt, the firstones.com server. The bad news, was the for a time today, buda 5 InGame had to be pulled by the server administration to get their server back online. However, Buda 5 InGame is now back online with a special downloading tool to assist in the download. To download Buda 5 InGame, you will first need to download the [URL=http://osdn.dl.sourceforge.net/bittorrent/bittorrent-3.2.1.exe]Bit Torrent Software[/URL], and download Buda 5 InGame from [URL=http://mods.firstones.com/buda5/iwar2/mods/Buda5InGame_Setup.exe.torrent]This Location[/URL].

[u]September 2nd, 2003:[/u]
Those other threads reguarding Buda 5 InGame have been merged into this thread. If you have any further problems, comments, or suggestions reguarding ingame, please post in this thread, thanks!! :)

[u]September 11th, 2003:[/u]
As there has been little expressed intrest in the 50Mb installment versions of InGame, they have been scrapted.

[u]October 9th, 2003:[/u]
Buda 5 InGame is now available through normal downloading means.
[COLOR=orange]
[SIZE=1]Post By: LogicSequence[/SIZE]

Comments

• Great News

It great news that the ingame mod is coming out I just have one question for u looking at the ingame list of ships in the mod I was just woundering if any of the new ships such as the Primus Class Battlecruiser will be added later.
  • B5JunkyB5Junky A Sanfamitek Systems product
    Will the mod that still work to replace the comsec???

Such as the G'quan, Vorlons, and Centauri?

B5Junky:robot:
  • LogicSequenceLogicSequence Elite Ranger
    @B5Junky:
    No, only InGame Player ships will work. If you try to use others it may or may not cause very bad problems. better not to take that risk.

@Andrew455:
    No, it takes a lot of work to add in ships to the InGame package. and the more that are added, the larger the file is. The BETA versions included the primus as a players ship, but it was found to cause problems and take up more space than it was worth.. so it was cut.
    [b]NEWS UPDATE: Look to the top of this thread.[/b]
  • Primus Again

how difficult would it be to add the primus and other ships myself are u going to give people that option or would it be to difficult
    i'm not saying u can't use other comsec replacing mods with ingame, i'm saying do so at your own risk... it may cause problems... things might not work right at all... or they may work fine... but it is MORE THAN NOT RECOMMENDED.. but you can try it if you want ;).

adding other ships to ingame would take up more space, be difficult to do, require extensive testing, and push back the release date by at least 2-3 weeks. i'm not planning to do it.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    [QUOTE]adding other ships to ingame would take up more space, be difficult to do, require extensive testing, and push back the release date by at least 2-3 weeks. i'm not planning to do it.[/QUOTE]

Would you be able to release an update instead of adding it to this version? I'm just thinking of those of us who are running on 56k modems.
    an update for what? i'm not sure i understand what you would want the update to do?

as for those with slower connections, we are looking into alternatives to downloading large files. such as placing InGame on a CD available for say, $10 or something like that. but that in no way means that will end up happening, we're simply looking into it at this point.
  • Warlord IIWarlord II Earthforce Officer
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by LogicSequence [/i]
    [B]as for those with slower connections, we are looking into alternatives to downloading large files. such as placing InGame on a CD available for say, $10 or something like that. but that in no way means that will end up happening, we're simply looking into it at this point. [/B][/QUOTE]As long as you won't get any profit from doing so because that would be copyright infringement
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    [QUOTE]an update for what? i'm not sure i understand what you would want the update to do?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, didnt explain that too well. What i meant was, if u were/wanted to add more ships to InGame, would you be able release them like an update/small addon file rather than adding them to the 'current' release of InGame and thereby increasing the file size?
    if anything was to be added it would be in an add-on pack released later on... way later on... :)

Oh...

[b]Z MINUS 14 HOURS...[/b]
  • Im going to hold my breath till it gets released.
    [QUOTE]Im going to hold my breath till it gets released.[/QUOTE]

lol! I would do the same, but then again I'd like to be concious when its released!
  • :D
  • Quick question is it going to be released at 12:01AM on the 1 because you did say Septemeber 1.
  • Its been 14 hours since that post
  • ok look... LOL sue me already... u've waited 3-4 months, u can wait a few hours while it's packed all together :) september 1st covers a 24-hour period ;)
  • :laugh: Just wanted make sure you were alive and didn't die before releasing it.
  • [b]NEWS UPDATE: Look to the top of this thread.[/b]

Buda 5 InGame Released!
  • Do you have the downloads mirrored some where its slow as snails on the Buda5 website.
  • no, i'm sorry... to mirror the download would require money to pay fee's to a download site... and as buda5 is a non-profit organization, we have no money, therefore, no external downloads...
  • Worth a try thanks anyway.
  • won't let me download

it won't let me download the ingame mod it telling me it forbidden and i don't have permission
  • I keep getting [I]I am not authorized to view this page[/I]
    error when I try to download the mod.
  • Is the Download down, because it is now saying the it is Forbidden when you try to download. What gives? First we have to put up with very, very slow download speeds...even if you have broadband.. which makes no sense... now this????

Sincerely, Cmdr Dre
  • Alpha-1Alpha-1 Elite Ranger Germany
    Working link for buda5 ingame mod

from sanfam at firstones.com newspage
    [quote]
    Well, hello from the tyranical administration.

The release of Buda5 abruptly ground the server to a halt, so, to make things easier on everyone, the folks at RadiusCo set up a Torrent Tracker.

Before you can download, you will have to download and install the BitTorrent software for your PC. It's not much of a hassle, and will, combined with the link below, allow you to download the file at the highest possible speeds.

Anyway, enjoy!

One last note: Please keep the BitTorrent window open as long as you can. The longer the window stays open, the more chances others get to get part of the file from your system. Thank you.

Click here to download BitTorrent [url]http://osdn.dl.sourceforge.net/bittorrent/bittorrent-3.2.1.exe[/url]

Once you've downloaded and installed the above, Click Here to download the Buda5 In-Game Release. [url]http://mods.firstones.com/buda5/iwar2/mods/Buda5InGame_Setup.exe.torrent[/url] Note that it's fully resumable, so you can restart right as you left off. Also, if the download slows, it will search for new clients automatically.

I hope the benefits of this arrangement will outweigh any possible inconveniences taken from it. If there are any problems, Feel free to message me on AIM (Sanfamo) or ICQ (38584347)[/quote]
  • That Damn thing is just uploading and sucking my bandiwith to download its uploading at like 23KBs but downloading at like 2KBs
  • I began downloading it earlier, but was getting speeds on 1.9 kb/s. Would have taken days to download at that speed. The download stopped shortly after, I assume it was taken off due to excessive demand.
  • Agreed, at least I have 20%... at this rate I may finished tomorrow.... and I have broadband!! At least Alpha-1 is trying to help. I am suprised that this site does'nt have a better server to download from......

Sincerely, Cmdr Dre
  • StrikerStriker Provided with distinction
    Hello:

I'd like to point out that the amount of people trying to download this mod was the equivalent of a Slashdot effect on our server. We had over 400 simultaneous connections to our server.

Now, 400 connections of HTML wouldn't have been a big problem, but over 400 people were trying to download a 250 mb file. I'm sure you can see why the server was running slow. We had to pull the file off and setup a different download system.

I hope everyone can understand why we had to do this. It's not the server, but the amount of bandwidth we have available.