Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Season 3 DVD first impression

2»

Comments

• Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Banner... I have a feeling that 'announcement' was that rpg game that was released earlier this year, forget the name of it. I was the one who was in touch with JMS about it, and he asked me to keep quiet about it back then as it could have scuppered the deal. When the game was announced I emailed him and asked if that was it but never got a reply. I didn't bother him again as I'm sure the guy has enough on his plate without having me bugging him with emails. I could be wrong but the release of that rpg game did fit with what JMS had hinted at.
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    Yumm...

Season 3...

:D
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    What are you doing here? I would expect you to be busy. :D
  • Alpha-1Alpha-1 Elite Ranger Germany
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Falcon1 [/i]
    [B]Yeah he did say that, but the changes weren't going to be major. I do agree with David of Mac about the first 4 opening credits for Season 2, it sounds so bad when you hear it. I had some of those on video and never noticed so I can't see how or why they made the mistake. Its odd really that such mistakes are made,... I've heard of loads on Angel and Buffy releases. Sloppy editing imo. [/B][/QUOTE]
    my german regional code 2 dvd showes the right opening credits. so it is only a problem with the us boxsets and their NTSc master
    I really had forgotten just how good Severed Dreams was...

;)
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JackN [/i]
    [B]I really had forgotten just how good Severed Dreams was...

;) [/B][/QUOTE]

"Time on target..."

"Time on target, aye!"

Regards,
    Morden
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    That was in the Season 2 finale, the Fall of Night.

In Severed Dreams, though, we got to know exactly how good Sheridan is at saying "Fire!". Probably the best person to say it in the show. Like Riker on Star Trek with "Red Alert!", or Captain Kirk's "Oh my God."
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by David of Mac [/i]
    [B]That was in the Season 2 finale, the Fall of Night. [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, Ivanova's in her sodding Starfury, isn't she...

Taxi! :rolleyes:

Regards,
    Morden
  • TyvarTyvar Next best thing to a St. Bernard
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Morden279 [/i]
    [B]Oh yeah, Ivanova's in her sodding Starfury, isn't she...

Taxi! :rolleyes:

Regards,
    Morden [/B][/QUOTE]

what, just because she keeps crashing it? ;)
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by David of Mac [/i]
    [B]That was in the Season 2 finale, the Fall of Night.

In Severed Dreams, though, we got to know exactly how good Sheridan is at saying "Fire!". Probably the best person to say it in the show. Like Riker on Star Trek with "Red Alert!", or Captain Kirk's "Oh my God." [/B][/QUOTE]

Beavis beats Sheridan at saying "Fire!" anyday.

Hmmm, did I say that? :eek:
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Settle down Beavis! :p
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Tyvar [/i]
    [B]what, just because she keeps crashing it? ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

Just a figure of speech demonstrating that you want to leave because you've embarassed yourself. ;)

But yeah, good point! :D

Regards,
    Morden
    Well now... After finishing watching all of Season 3 on DVD (thank you Biggles ;) ), I have to say I am sooo very happy to have it in digital format and not have to worry about my tape library going to hell in a few years.

Season 4 is eagerly awaited in my house... :p

Must get Season 1 & 2 as well someday...

Just when you think you've gotten over something and are moving forward in your life, you come across something that stirs up a lot of old memories and feelings.

I don't think JMS will ever truely realize what he started, or what the cast and crew accomplished. I'm speaking in terms of the impact on those who watched and followed the show of course.

:)
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by David of Mac [/i]
    [B]That was in the Season 2 finale, the Fall of Night.

In Severed Dreams, though, we got to know exactly how good Sheridan is at saying "Fire!". Probably the best person to say it in the show. Like Riker on Star Trek with "Red Alert!", or Captain Kirk's "Oh my God." [/B][/QUOTE]

Or Jim Carrey's Alrighty then!
  • Do you need to do anything to get Region 1 DVD's working on a region 2 dvd player or pc?

Sorry about my boring question but i can't wait till october 22nd!
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Londo Mollari [/i]
    [B]Do you need to do anything to get Region 1 DVD's working on a region 2 dvd player or pc?

Sorry about my boring question but i can't wait till october 22nd! [/B][/QUOTE]

I bought a DVD ROM drive for my PC under the impression it was multi-region.

It wasn't.

You can set the region on a DVD ROM drive an average of 5-7 times before you have to choose a PERMENANT region setting for it. (Mine's 2 of course.)

It sucks, but that's the way it is...

Regards,
    Morden
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Actually, google up reflashign the firmware of a dvd drive to remove the region coding. It's a quick and dirty way of doing it, but it works. Generally, you can flash them into regionless mode easily.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sanfam [/i]
    [B]Actually, google up reflashign the firmware of a dvd drive to remove the region coding. It's a quick and dirty way of doing it, but it works. Generally, you can flash them into regionless mode easily. [/B][/QUOTE]

Tell me more, Sanfam... :)

Regards,
    Morden
    [url]http://forum.rpc1.org/portal.php[/url]

They have a guide in there somewhere, too.
  • Sounds like a lot of hassle, I'll just have to wait till the 10th November to get my region 2 version.

I just hope I can last that long! I might have to buy the X-Files season 2 DVD boxset instead...........................
    It's not that hard. You just find out what model drive you have, download the correct firmware, and apply it.
  • Does it cost money? (The firmware thing) And i was thinking more of a DVD player..........

But thanks anyway:)