Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Aint It Cool News review of LOTR

2»

Comments

• Alec MAlec M Award Winning Poster
    I don't understand that part of the review at all. Who wants all the answers given away in the pilot of a series? I mean we don't know if there will be a series or not, but I don't think this movie is supposed to be a stand-alone thing like "In The Beginning" or "Thirdspace".

------------------
    [url="http://slade__tek.tripod.com/"]Alec McClymont, 3D Artist[/url]
    3D Artist - GVFX

We live for the one. We die for the one.
  • FaylornFaylorn Elite Ranger
    [quote]Originally posted by Biggles:
    [b]There may not be any such thing as an impartial review, but there certainly are such things as nearly-impartial reviews. And that is what all reviews that people will rely on should be.

[/b][/quote]

It's just my own opinion that type of review is the most dangerous. For example, had I not the experience I did with reading reviews I would have probably bought Emperor BFD for the "uniqueness" acclaimed to it. And I know I'm beating a dead horse but what about Western media. Because it usually provides such an objective front a lot of people are taken by what is actually propaganda. If it is my choice, I'll take two reviews with opposite sides and decide then.

------------------
    "Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he eats for a life time. But teach a man to BE a fish, and he can eat himself."
    --Dennis Miller, Dennis Miller Live

[This message has been edited by Faylorn (edited 10-22-2001).]
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I almost bought Emperor: Battle for Dune. But I read some reviews first. They were impartial, and presented both sides of the game. I decided from them that the bad parts outweighed the good and didn't buy it.

------------------
    [b][url="http://www.minbari.co.uk/log12.2263/"]Required reading[/url][/b]
    Never eat anything bigger than your own head.
    The Balance provides. The Balance protects.

"Nonono...Is not [i]Great[/i] Machine. Is...[i]Not[/i]-so-Great Machine. It make good snow cone though." - Zathras
  • FaylornFaylorn Elite Ranger
    That's good to hear but I think that's you, not most people.

------------------
    "Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he eats for a life time. But teach a man to BE a fish, and he can eat himself."
    --Dennis Miller, Dennis Miller Live

[This message has been edited by Faylorn (edited 10-22-2001).]