Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Tinashi Beta 1 Release

MorteMorte Earthforce Officer
Righty-O, here do be the Tinashi, ye olde Minbari Frigate.
It's a bit late at night so I won't post any more pics, it hasn't changed too much since the others anyways :)
It's still lacking SFX unfortunatly, and the NPS beams are constant at the moment rather than the rapid fire pulsing they probably should be (this is due to the tracking problem).
Anyways, it's 2.02 MB, and awaiing your download [url=http://mods.firstones.com/buda5/temp/tinashi/Minbari_Tinashi.zip]Here[/url]
One more thing left...

Comments

• LogicSequenceLogicSequence Elite Ranger
    observations:

on the fins, what's with the line at the end? is the texture misplaced? or is that how it's supposed to look?

the beam turrets.... are they supposed to be steady beam turrets? they should be huh? pulsing like that for .1 second looks funny, imo.

on your model.... u used internal angle polygons... EOC doesn't support internal angle polygons (look at the back of the tinashi, where the 4 main ridges join, looks like a 4 leaf clover) that poly needs to be split or it's gonna do strange things (like it's doing). if u use internal angle poly's, EOC is gonna try to make sense of it (not very well) and will end up taking the outermost points and disreguarding inner angle points, making the polygon shape different.

and hows the beam texture progressing? is that a final version of it?

the model looks very good (despite the poly issue i mentioned) and aside from the fin thing i asked about, the textures were right on. it looked very good!
  • MorteMorte Earthforce Officer
    Woah, looks like I uploaded a earlier version of it by mistake :o
    Thanks for the compliments dude, and to answer your questions, the beams on the nps turrets must've been when I was trying a "in between" point- they were 0.5 second pulsars like you see in the battle of the line, but have turned into constant beams because that seems to be the only way I can get them to track properly. I recognised the problem with the back and front in my newer version and triangulated them :)
    As for the line on the fin, if you mean this:
    [img]http://mods.firstones.com/buda5/temp/tinashi/Tinashi_1b.jpg[/img]
    It's meant to be there as far as I know- at least the hi res model I was working from and a couple of the pictures I'd managed to see showed it. Personally I don't think it looks so great, but hey, it's the way it's meanta be. Actually I might look at "War without an end" again, see if I can get another good look at it.
    And yeah, that's pretty much the final version of the beam texture, though if you want it changed, just give I a yell (of course feel free to change it yerself if you want).
    NOOO i don't think it's supposed to be that way at all! in fact i've never seen it like that be4... anytime you get lines like that it's a texture alignment problem. i don't know what high res version u were looking at, but the textures on it probably got misaligned somehow. (same with the line on the part below the fin) cause no texture should ever heave a straight seperation line like that... that's just... wrong, lol.. here's a snap of the high res i have, notice the textures (i didn't bother lighting it properly)

[IMG]http://mods.firstones.com/buda5/temp/tinashi_texture.jpg[/IMG]

i'm sure u'll find it looking like that most anywhere else you go... try downloading a different high res version off the web... or the same one and reinstall it... cause somehow the textures got messed up...

Only other thing i'd mention is making the windows glow. (and maybe use the beam textures from the sharlin to keep things uniform. they are after all the same weapon. (just in smaller quantity on the tinashi))
    Yeah, I've been tempted to redo those textures anyways, now I know they're NOT meant to be like that I will :)
    I did put window glows on it a little while back, but I wasn't too taken with the way it looked, especially in the nebula- check this one out and you'll see what I mean (ignore the missing parts of the windows- this was only a test to see what it would look like)
    [img]http://mods.firstones.com/buda5/temp/tinashi/test.jpg[/img]
    And finally I probably should change the weapon effects since as you say it's the same weapon. I'll do that when I finish updating the textures :)
    i think the window glow looks fine. same as the sharlins.
    I just think it looks weird that you can see the windows but not anything else of the ship, and the fact that the windows don't light up any of the surrounding area.