Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Newspapers

Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
Has anyone stopped to read the headlines on the newspaper?

I mean the one Garibaldi is holding in B5S1D2Ep4 ("And the Sky Full of Stars") (about 1/3rd of the way through it).

It fills in when a number of things they mention in 2nd season happened, such as Sheriden mentioning the Psicorp scandal dealing with VP Clark and such.

:)

Comments

• VladVlad Earthforce Officer
    Yup. It's one of those things that really jumps out at you when you know what's coming down the road.

Didn't that episode also have a headline that said something like "Is there something living in hyperspace?"?
  • Andy La RubinAndy La Rubin Earthforce Officer
    [url]http://www.midwinter.com/lurk/countries/master/guide/008.html[/url]

Universe Today Headlines:
    - Sports: Zero-G Tennis Results Inside
    - Is There Something Living in Hyperspace?
    - Homeguard Leader Convicted: Jacob Lester Found Guilty In Attack on Minbari Embassy
    - Narns settle Raghesh 3 Controversy
    - EA President Promises Balanced Budget by 2260
    - Psi Corps in Election Tangle: Did Psi-Corps Violate its Charter by Endorsing Vice-President?
    - San Diego Still Considered Too Radioactive for Occupancy:
    A new study published by Earthforce Nuclear Regulatory Office declares San Diego, struck by the American States first act of nuclear terrorism over 100 years ago, still uninhabitable for the next 300 years.
    - SPECIAL SECTION: Pros & Cons of Interspecies Mating
    - Copyright Trial Continues in Bookzap Flap: Books Downloaded Directly into Brain: Who Owns Them?
    - Is There Something Living in Hyperspace? (a repeat)
    - New Binary Star Discovered
    - Inside: Universe Today: Babylon 5 Edition:
    -- Classified 5-70
    -- Crossword 60
    -- Editorial/Opinion 10-11A
    -- Lotteries 11C
    -- Horoscope 8A
    -- HoloComics 9E

The text of all the articles are instructions for the "Babylon 5 Equation Editor," which looks like genuine documentation after a search and replace has been performed from the product's name to "Babylon 5."

Source for Universe Today information: "Cinefantastique," April 1994, p. 35
  • Alpha-1Alpha-1 Elite Ranger Germany
    i always tried to read the little information o the monitors. like in the episode with Abel Horn. The text show the Name of the Ship who have shoot him down over Phobus.
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    That's nothing. In Signs and Portents, the monitor in the customs are had a schedual for public event on B5. One of them was "Rolling Stones Fairwell Tour". Pity they didn't work Dick Clark in there, too.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by David of Mac [/i]
    [B]That's nothing. In Signs and Portents, the monitor in the customs are had a schedual for public event on B5. One of them was "Rolling Stones Fairwell Tour". Pity they didn't work Dick Clark in there, too. [/B][/QUOTE]
    i know this. read it too
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    LOL!

More info... more!
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Messiah [/i]
    [B]LOL!

More info... more! [/B][/QUOTE]

ok

EARTHFORCE INTELLIGENCE 1/6538

CURRENT STATUS: DECEASED 2258

CAUSE: DIED IN MARS REBELION

DESTROYED IN OUTER ATHOSPHERE
    COMBAT SKIRMISH BETA-5 AS
    A RESULT OF PLASMA BURST FROM EARTHFORCE STAR CRUISTER: POURNELLE

DEATH RECORDED:
    BY PHOBOS OUTPOST 20

CRIMINAL RECORD CONTINUED:

ABEL HORN IS A SUSPECT IN OVER 75 SUCH INCIDENTS. IN 2252, HE WAS SENDET TO PHOBOS MAXIMUM SECURITY OUTPOST FOR INVOLVEMENT IN THE COMPUTER THEFT OF OVER 50 MILION CONGLOMERATE CREDITS. SERVED 1 YEAR; THAN WAS TRANSFERED TO LUNIS PLANIUM PRISON BASE. HE THAN SERVERD 3 MONTHS AND ESCAPED APRIL 16. 2253
  • Captain,SimmondsCaptain,Simmonds Trainee trainee
    [QUOTE]- SPECIAL SECTION: Pros & Cons of Interspecies Mating
    [/quote]

Sounds Interesting.