Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

The Be Five music CD... heard it??

Mr.GaribaldiMr.Garibaldi Earthforce Officer
I randomly found this on eBay so I bought it! Its "The Be Five" a band made up of Claudia, Peter, Mira, Andreas, and Bill. They made this CD shortly after the B5 series completed.

Has anyone else heard it/own it?? If you don't I would suggest getting it. It may be out of print but off eBay its pretty cheap. For not being a "professional" group and making the CD fairly quickly it is actually quite good. Plus hearing slow jazz blues being sung by "Londo" and "G'Kar"is by far the most entertaining thing I've heard this week! :D

[IMG]http://star_fury.tripod.com/befive[/IMG]

Comments

• BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    !
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    What.......[SIZE=1]the[/SIZE]

cool....
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    I bought a copy a while back.

It's got some really nice music on it. Very thoroughly enjoyed it. :D
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Thats a must have for me right now :)
  • Mr.GaribaldiMr.Garibaldi Earthforce Officer
    If you want to buy it off eBay I would suggest getting this one.

[URL=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2541511793&category=1057]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2541511793&category=1057[/URL]

I bought my CD from this seller. I paid within minutes of the Buy-It-Now and he shipped it right away. I bid and paid monday and I got it in the mail Thursday.
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    Outstanding, Do you have any idea how long i've been looking for a copy of this cd?!?
  • samuelksamuelk The Unstoppable Mr. 'K'
    I've heard all of the tracks from this CD, and.... well, I don't think it's very good at all.

Claudia has a pretty good voice, as does Bill. And I think Andreas and Peter are ok. Mira's voice is sometimes very odd, and you can tell that she's trying to hide her accent. It's hard to sing American Blues/Jazz when you have an accent. They're all passable, but not what I'd call great.

It's a fun CD...you can tell that they were all having a good time...but I couldn't listen to the whole CD in one sitting.

The music is very simple run-of-the-mill jazz/blues stuff. The majority of singing actually makes me think of karaoke-- I love the cast and everything, but I'm glad they stuck to their day jobs. :)
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by samuelk [/i]
    [B]...well, I don't think it's very good at all.[/B][/QUOTE]

God man! Is there ANYTHING you DO like?

:D :p :rolleyes: ;)
  • PJHPJH The Lovely Thing
    I've heard of the CD, but I didn't know there's Steve Lukather playing on it. Hmmm.... maybe I should buy one. Is it any good really? Though I could buy it just because CC looks so hot on that cover. Any more pics inside? Haha... :D

Andreas Hatsulas? :rolleyes:

- PJH
  • bobobobo (A monkey)
    Nope, no need to bid on it. No reason whatsoever. There aren't any copies left. Yeah that's it, they were all....confiscated! Yeah, yeah, they were all confiscated by ...Morgan Fairchhild!

So don't go to eBay, cause there all gone, and you don't need to bid on them. In fact, [B]I'll[/B] keep an eye on the site [i]just[/i] to make sure that other confiscated copies don't turn up.
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    BOBO...

Just for you....

[IMG]http://www.mnh.si.edu/anthro/humanorigins/ha/images/baboon.jpg[/IMG]
  • samuelksamuelk The Unstoppable Mr. 'K'
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JackN [/i]
    [B]God man! Is there ANYTHING you DO like?

:D :p :rolleyes: ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

Hmm...well, I can't list everything...but....

Babylon 5

Firefly

Farscape

The Canon Powershot G3

Goodberry's frozen custard

Tribes 2

Tribes 1

The smell of freshly cut grass

Diana Krall

Norah Jones

Drawing

Pizza

Collecting action figures

The Alien films (all of them)

O' Brother, Where Art Thou? and most of the other Cohen Films

Any movie where Robin Williams plays an antagonist

Truespace 6

Racquetball

And that's just off the top of my head. Let me know if you need more. :D

But I'm not about to say I like something just because it's distantly related to one of my favorite science fiction shows. :)
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Well, I'm willing to say I like it because of Bill Mumy, Andreas Katsulas, and Claudia Christian's performances, which I rather enjoyed. And of course, the group track, "It's Just a TV Show", is really fun to hear coming from the cast themselves :D
    Haha, of course this is not a "Professional" group... it [I]is[/I] a group of amateur musicians, save Claudia. None the less it is an evjoyable CD to listen to, especially in the car! And... YES there are a few more pictures of Claudia in the booklet ;) ...Plus it is a good collectors item for any B5 fan out there.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mr.Garibaldi [/i]
    [B]YES there are a few more pictures of Claudia in the booklet ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

Is she nekkid??? heh
  • PLease tell me they sing in character! :eek:
  • PJHPJH The Lovely Thing
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mr.Garibaldi [/i]
    [B] And... YES there are a few more pictures of Claudia in the booklet ;) ...Plus it is a good collectors item for any B5 fan out there.

[/B][/QUOTE]

Really? :D

Yes... yes, absolutely... a good collectors item. :D

- PJH
  • bobobobo (A monkey)
    USURPER!

Dangit, you're the one who out bid me!

Oh well, got an unsigned copy for $7.95. There's several copies still out there.

Also got the Lyta action figure for $6.99, better than I got some of the originals for.
    Re: USURPER!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by bobo [/i]
    [B]Dangit, you're the one who out bid me!

Oh well, got an unsigned copy for $7.95. There's several copies still out there.

Also got the Lyta action figure for $6.99, better than I got some of the originals for. [/B][/QUOTE]

I picked it up on ebay a few weeks ago, and finally got to listen to it yesterday, I rather like it, its kinda silly, but fun
  • RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    Hehehe, this sounds interesting...
    I'm glad some of you who did not know of this are now enjoying it. lol I will agree some songs are just silly but as a B5 fan it really doesn't get much better than this as far as being a collectors item. I mean who else gets to hear thier fav TV cast sing on a CD on the way to work? :D
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    Well, I tried listening to [url=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000014WS/qid=1058067361/sr=8-3/ref=sr_8_3/103-5778350-8183816?v=glance&s=music&n=507846]"The Transformed Man"[/url] once, but I was laughing so hard I didn't catch any of the music. ;)
  • The Cabl3 GuyThe Cabl3 Guy Elite Ranger
    love the reviews
    I wanted to stick sharp objects into my ear and make stabbing motions but I was incapacitated on the ground laughing hysterically. You'll wanna set phasers on "buy" if you ever run across this gem. Listen to it once and you'll be instantly beamed up to whatever world Shatners ego is on. :)
  • bobobobo (A monkey)
    I finally got around to listening to the Be Five CD. There are actually some good songs on there. Claudia has a nice voice, Bil can wail on the guitar, and the rest of them are obviously having a great time. One of the best songs is "It's just a TV show!".
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    just got me a copy of the album as well. brillaint. i would never have guessed they could all sing as well as they do!
    I've actually had the CD for about 9 months now, Its pretty good, in addition to being pretty damn funny when you think about it
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    So do Peter and Andreas sing "Not many Fishes left in the Sea"??? :D
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    unfortunatly no, but what a voice both of them have!