Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Questions and Recommendations

B5JunkyB5Junky A Sanfamitek Systems product
:D

Playing EOC i noticed that the B5 Station isn't always rotating. How do you fix it?

Also, if you decide to update the B5 model are you including a defense system. Because I noticed some of the stations ingame have weapons. I thought it would be neat to include such a thing. Keep up the great work.

Lastly, how is the the eventual game going to turn out. Is it going to rescript the original or is it going to just be out of the mods menu???

Thank you.

B5Junky
:confused::mad:P.S. How do you edit a ship file???:confused: :mad:

Comments

• IndieIndie Moderator
    The rotating sections not rotating bug is an oddity we haven't been able to find a cause. Sometimes it happens.

B5 defense grid is doable, but Simon is on one of his excursions and he made the B5 station.

All scenarios launch from the extras menu. In the near future, we'll only be releasing single missions and scenarios. The B5 campaign we are planning would also launch from there, but it would have a custom interface with save/load/next mission/whatever buttons are required. Logic is making an in-game mod, which changes the ships in the EOC campaign, but doesn't change the campaign itself.

Ship files (or the .ini files) can be edited with any text editor. e.g. notepad.
  • LogicSequenceLogicSequence Elite Ranger
    Actually simon being away is not a problem, i have most of his original filies, including the B5 station model. i had been planning an update, but never really got that much feedback to it. So i'll think about adding an update to my list of things to do.
  • B4

enough about the B5 station ( although it's very cool!! ) what about babylon 4!!! now thats a nice station don't you think?
    why would we need it tho??? its... gone, lol
  • I've been sort of annoyed that whenever I take control of a launched ship, that if it has multiple guns, I can only fire one at a time.
    Example: Nial has three guns, I have to fire one, press enter and fire again.
    This happens with all ships in the Christmas package.
  • IndieIndie Moderator
    Yeah, its a known bug. We are working on it, but since we don't know the exact cause(s) its difficult. I got some ships working properly, but some are still causing problems.
  • I also don't know how to use the weapons, are all but the beams and thunderbolts turreted??
    I can't use my favorite weapon.
  • @ logic

the babylon 4 station looks cool, plus its not gone just went back in time to fight a great war... i'd like to use it for my great war hehe....:D
  • MorteMorte Earthforce Officer
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by syntaxvorlon [/i]
    [B]I also don't know how to use the weapons, are all but the beams and thunderbolts turreted??
    I can't use my favorite weapon. [/B][/QUOTE]

Don't quite understand you mate...
    Panic_Attack, I don't think we'll rule out the possibility of making a B4 model, but it's quite low on our list of priorities at the mo :)
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Morte [/i]
    [B]Don't quite understand you mate...
    Panic_Attack, I don't think we'll rule out the possibility of making a B4 model, but it's quite low on our list of priorities at the mo :) [/B][/QUOTE]
    I must have been really tired posting last night.
    I mean the Excalibur and the fact that most of the guns, save for the beams and thundies, are turretted, including the main gun.
    I saw the pics in the prop page and you guys can fire the main gun but I can't.:(
  • B5JunkyB5Junky A Sanfamitek Systems product
    Excalibur Guns

How far are you in the game. I noticed when i play with the excalibur in the end of the game the ship has enough power. But when i playwith the excalibur in the beggining in session 1 the main gun doesn't work.

Just check where you are in the game on your save menu.

:robot:

b5junky
    You have to play after the middle of act 2 to get the weapons link module, which makes the main guns work all together... there is no "file" per say to activate the weapons link, it has to be earned in the campaign... so we couldn't include it in the mod... which sux, but there's nothing we could do about it :(
  • Actually mine was for some reason only giving me one of the sets of 4 beams, and none of the main weapons it may just be my system. I'll work on it.
  • umm cool mod

ok I've been checking in and around for a while just wanted to say hi good mod. and umm keep up the excellent work. also if you need any beta testing or anything I can help got a good comp with good connection.
  • Roi DantonRoi Danton Moderator
    Welcome here

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Night Walker [/i]
    [B]ok I've been checking in and around for a while just wanted to say hi good mod.[/B][/QUOTE]
    Welcome here Night Walker! Thanks for the acknowledgement.

[QUOTE][B]also if you need any beta testing or anything I can help got a good comp with good connection. [/B][/QUOTE]
    Hey, thx for the offering! We will contact you when we need an additional beta tester!

@Syntax: Anything new about your problem with the Excalibur?
  • Thanks for the welcome

umm about the whole you can't access the weapons link module yet well theres save games at
    [url]http://www.i-war2.com/downloads_6.htm[/url]

so if you need to access it theres the place I don't if it's v14.6 compatable but worth a try. I'd try it myself but I haven't got Eoc back onto my comp yet

see ya
    Re: Thanks for the welcome

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Night Walker [/i]
    [B]umm about the whole you can't access the weapons link module yet well theres save games at
    [url]http://www.i-war2.com/downloads_6.htm[/url]

so if you need to access it theres the place I don't if it's v14.6 compatable but worth a try. I'd try it myself but I haven't got Eoc back onto my comp yet[/B][/QUOTE]
    Yes, it works ... Act 3 are my savegames I sent there a while ago ;) .
  • Re: umm cool mod

Right it must have been some bad mojo or something, did a fresh install and tried it again, works great now.
    Re: Re: umm cool mod

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by syntaxvorlon [/i]
    [B]Right it must have been some bad mojo or something, did a fresh install and tried it again, works great now. [/B][/QUOTE]
    Good to hear :) .