Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

[OT] 'Personal Themes'

124»

Comments

• [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Warlord II [/i]
    [B]IF we ever get modder tools for IFH, campaign would be easier to make because the enviroment is specifically made for Babylon 5's needs.[/B][/QUOTE]I started to work with RL friends on a stand-alone space combat simulation so we'll see if there will be a better platform for modding for Babylon5. :D (it just grows up of the planning phase, we'll testing an engine currently)

Well, I think the audience for I-War 2 has been decreased tending to zero meanwhile. Just the people who modded the game are still speaking about I-War on the forums (and a few newbies sometimes).
    There was a trying to get the rights and the source of the flux engine for the community from some of the IW2 modders but there is no progress (no one at Atari or Argonaut in USA or UK knows about the right holders of the flux engine - Particle System doesn't exist anymore for a long time).

Hoping the other team mates still reading here, too? I've also didn't heard anything neither from Indie nor from Logic nor from Simon.
  • Warlord IIWarlord II Earthforce Officer
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Roi Danton [/i]
    [B]There was a trying to get the rights and the source of the flux engine for the community from some of the IW2 modders but there is no progress (no one at Atari or Argonaut in USA or UK knows about the right holders of the flux engine - Particle System doesn't exist anymore for a long time). [/B][/QUOTE]I got your email regarding that. Let's see if anything happens but I doubt that they will ever get anything more than we already have in pog sdk.

Good luck with space sim :). I guess Indie is just busy....
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Warlord II [/i]
    [B]Good luck with space sim :).[/B][/QUOTE]Thanks to you. :)
    Btw, what are you studying? Wasn't it applied informatics?
    I haven't had English course(s) in my school yet so I'm not sure about profession words altough I'm not that bad in English generally. Still according to my translator that isn't right word.

I study information technology in polytechnic school. I'm not sure if you have similar school in German (I think we discussed about it in past). It's same level as university but not as theoretic as university is (more practical). After high school we go either university or polytechnic in Finland.

We can choose specialization from mechatronics, software engineering and embedded systems in my school. I probably go for software engineering.

[url]http://www.seamk.fi/english/[/url] - if you want to know more...
  • Ah yes, I can remember you’ve told about the school system. So you’ll be a well studied programmer in some years.
    So do you still code in your freetime on projects though you have to do it at school, too?
    Well I haven't coded recently but I intend to. We don't even have that much programming in first year because we have to do basic courses for engineers (physics, math etc.) and remember that only ~1/3 become software engineers though all specializations need some programming. I have studied c++ in freetime so I'm way ahead of school courses anyways (they have basic programming course with java).

And yes, I am still in first year class even though I started last year because I was in army last spring. After talking with student instructor it was quite impossible to continue in my previous class. Still I don't have to do the courses I did last autumn so I have fewer courses now than my classmates but after Christmas I have same schedule as them.
  • With the basic courses it’s the same everywhere. Before starting with programming something half of the people have stopped the study due to hard mathematics and combinational logic.[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Warlord II [/i]
    [B]And yes, I am still in first year class even though I started last year because I was in army last spring. After talking with student instructor it was quite impossible to continue in my previous class.[/B][/QUOTE]Ah, that's bad, so you’ve “lost” a year. Sh** army. But on the other hand you have more freetime than the others. ;)
    Btw, we’re working with the [url=http://www.radonlabs.de]Nebula2 Engine[/url] for our project. It’s IMHO the best open source engine available.

Many greetings from the netherlands. :)